4.0 out of 5 stars Great on style, good for warmth, November 9, 2011
JJ (Philadelphia,PA) - See all my reviews
I have gotten so many complements on the slimming aspects of the design of this coat. It really is different than anything out there. The flared out "skirt" part is so 1950s. Buttons are all sewed on strong (something I'm finding less and less these days). I gave it four stars because with a slim merino sweater, gloves and a scarf in 50 degree weather, I was a little chilly after standing outside for an hour. Not surprised about this, but would have been nice to be a little warmer. But in and out of the car to the house/store running errands, I was just fine. I suspect with a thicker sweater or maybe some layers this coat would be fine with colder weather/longer periods of time outside.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty coat, but runs slightly small, January 30, 2012
This review is from: Via Spiga Women's Via Spiga Military Skating Coat (Apparel)
I normally am on the cusp between a size 12 and 14, with a 40-inch bust. I ordered a size 12 in this coat because my usual black coat, a size 14, is very roomy, and I wanted a trimmer fit.

However, this coat is pretty tight around my ribcage and bust. When I sit in this coat fully buttoned up, I worry that I'm stressing the top buttons. If you're wearing layers underneath (like a merino wool base layer), you'll really feel the strain. I might have a tailor move some of the buttons to make room for my chest and ribs.

I think it's a good coat for mild temperatures.... you won't want to wear this on the coldest days. If you try to buy true to size, you might not be able to comfortably layer underneath it with anything midweight.

That said, it's totally the most stylish, fashionable coat I own. It's very twirly and creates a really nice, flattering silhouette.

I definitely recommend it if you have an hourglass figure naturally (whatever size you get) and a more average-sized bust. Buyer beware if this is not the case. :) If you have a fuller figure, consider sizing up and having the coat taken in as needed by your tailor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional yet playful, December 10, 2011
The coat arrived and fit perfectly, so that battle was done. The overall look: the top is your standard, black, professional-looking peacoat; however, do a half-twirl and the bottom half will slightly flair out, ballerina-style. I love this mix, and it has worked on all occasions for me so far. Note: I spent a great deal of time outside in the cold yesterday, and the wider bottom half, I thought, provided slightly less warmth than a standard, fitted bottom half. Still, I thought the small loss of heat, even being outside for a long time, was worth the look of the coat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great style!, January 22, 2013
As someone who loves jackets and coats, I have an assortment for various social functions. This coat, hands down, is my all-time favorite. It does run a tad small, which makes for the perfect fit in my case. It suits my personality, and the quality of workmanship is impeccable. I love it and amazon, my favorite online shopping destination!

Rate and Discover Movies