5.0 out of 5 stars Great Minimalist Shoe
As someone who has/does run barefoot, I had been hesitant to order these. I happened to get a gift card and decided I'd give them a try.

Published 21 months ago by J. Doles

1.0 out of 5 stars Run Small, Beware
Published 10 months ago by R. A. Sebby

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Minimalist Shoe, March 18, 2013

First, these are not exactly like running barefoot. I think these work the feet and calves more than barefoot does. That said, the feel is great with these. You get as close to the ground as you can without being barefoot. The SeeYa model is as minimal as it gets from Vibram.

The fitment takes some getting used to. Use the Vibram website to find your actual size. When I got them I thought that I had ordered the wrong size and contemplated returning them. But after wearing them around the house, my feet seemed to adjust.

You do need to heed the warnings of doing shorter runs your first few times out. As I mentioned above, these work the feet and calves quite a bit which can lead to injury. This is true whether you're a new runner or a seasoned vet. Just take your time and work up to your regular run length in them.

I wear these when I lift as well. They are great for squats and deadlifts. They also help you dig in when you bench press. I wouldn't hesitate to order these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, June 12, 2012
Ray J. Watson "ray W" (Frisco, TX United States) - See all my reviews
These shoes are absolutely awesome. Insanely light (I have socks heavier than these!) but yet still protective of your feet where it matters most. I wear these every day at the gym and love them. Tip: make certain you get the right size, it is absolutely essential they fit perfectly or else you will be miserable. Their website has a sizing guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seeya Review, April 29, 2012
This review is from: Vibram FiveFingers SeeYa - Men's (Misc.)
I've had these for about a week now. My first pair of vibrams were too small, but these fit absolutely perfect. I tried on other pairs of vibrams, some denser, some light, but this was the absolute best fitting and most comfortable shoe. I'm used to running barefoot 100% and these come closest. I've used these for running on pavement and I've also done a tiny bit of hiking on the rocky colorado river with them. They can get wet and dry up in no time. Really my favorite shoe. You will feel the ground very well, but if you are a tall or heavy person, maybe these won't be the best for hiking or outdoorsy stuff, because I'm only 5'4" and 125 lbs, so walking on rocks and jagged things isn't a real problem for me. The shoe also looks very nice and doesn't grab as much attention as other pairs of shoes(I have the blue and grey). They look good, feel good, are good, and are amazingly comfortable and do not feel restricting on your feet at all. Good for bare foot lovers, and those who like the beach and water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge these shoes until you try them!, April 13, 2013
I have the Adidas adipure trainer toe shoes, and after not wearing them for a few months, I put them on and noticed how uncomfortable and gross they have gotten, so instead of buying more, I bought these Vibrams...

BEST SHOES I'VE EVER OWNED!!!!

They do take some getting used to, but once you've adjusted, you'll be building muscles in your legs and feet you never knew existed! Some advice, use Vibram's sizing chart, measure accurately, and buy a size that will fit pretty tight because they feel better tighter than looser and they will loosen up a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vibram Shoe Review, May 5, 2013
I just recieved these shoes yesterday in the mail and went for a walk/run, and these shoes are indeed some of the best shoes I've ever wore/owned. I'm inbetween 10 1/2 - 11 US size, and I choose a size 43, and they fit perfect for me. They aren't very,very tight, but also not loose to where if I'm running in sand it doesn't enter the shoe. They're snug but still have a little movement in them. I have just a small bit of room at the end of each toe, but the shoe fits my foot perfectly and they dont come off. The feel great. The arch support is very well designed/shaped. Being able to feel the ground is wonderful. I run in these shoes and do not get shin splints. For myself, the shoes do not seem to take any time getting used to. These shoes are the lightest shoes I've ever owned. The Vibrams do not have a removeable insert/footbed-the footbed is permanent. They seem made to function in water but I have not tried this yet. I can pull them off/put them on like slippers.

The biggest benefit to these shoes is the spreading of the toes. This is a natural position for the foot and promotes entire body healthiness. The shoes are thin enough to allow you to feel the Earth/ground, and even grip the ground with your toes if you want to, while at the same time protecting your feet enough to walk/run comfortably. I walked over a bunch of fallen leaves and could feel the leaves. Having the ability to spread your foot/toes out completely and also be able to feel the ground is more important than standing on a bunch of air. I've found that most shoes are constrictive and do not allow the foot to spread out thoroughly and completely like it should. Purposely separating the toes is better and demands a wider/proper shoe.

On the trails, through the woods, you do occassionally step on sharp objects but it doesn't puncture/damage the shoe. I purposely stepped on roots and rocks, etc (it feels very good to do this), and I inspected the shoes thoroughly when I got back home and they where in very good condition with no cuts. As far as breathability goes I would say they are very breathable. I now own both the Vibram shoes and a pair of $235 2013 Nike Max Air (wide) id's, and the Nikes (with toe separators and birkenstock 3/4-heel insert) are good for the office but the Vibrams rule the trails.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing shoes!, April 25, 2013
I've owned a pair of SeeYa's since September of 2012. I originally got them to do a little bit of self defense practice in, and didn't have much of a plan to run in them. Well, fast forward to April 2013, and I wear them anywhere I can get away with wearing workout gear (school, gym, etc.) and I've noticed a huge difference with my connection to the ground, and even my balance and the way I walk.

They absolutely take some getting used to at first, and also be sure to order a couple pair of toe socks for them (Injinji is all I own, and don't think $10+ a pair is in any way unreasonable). As much as potential buyers think people might think it weird, I've gotten many more positive and honestly interested people that ask me if they're comfortable, and if I like them. I don't have a bad thing to say about them! They're really the best shoes I've ever owned, and plus you can machine wash them occasionally when they get dirty! (Just remember do NOT put them in the dryer. I had my velcro fall apart after they accidentally found their way to the dryer. Luckily it was within 90 days, and they exchanged them at the store with no questions asked.)

I recommend these to my friends, classmates, and anyone who has or does barefoot run like I used to. Soon, I'll be upgrading to the SeeYa LS and I'm really looking forward to it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and light weight, February 20, 2013
Had my first run in them this week... I will never go back to another running shoe... So great. Also good for adventure sports.

1.0 out of 5 stars Run Small, Beware, February 24, 2014
Bought these in the fall for the spring, got them out of the box here in February and realize they don't fit. I've bought various kinds of Vibram's in the past and never had an issue and my foot size hasn't changed. I re-checked the sizing info on these. They simply do not match up on this pair of shoes. Pretty disappointed as they are now a useless pair of shoes for me. Buyer Beware, Sizing Guide was not helpful on this set. Every other pair of Vibram's I ever owned were fine, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars You need to try these on before you decide on ..., August 27, 2014
You need to try these on before you decide on a size. Don't know about the recent lawsuit against these guys, but I have been nursing a full bucket handle tear in my rt miniscus and this is the only shoes that keeps the knee from hurting. Tried all the cushioning and stability shoes and they all hurt my knee. These keep you from heel striking so your joints don't have to absorb any beating. I go up to 8 miles, but you will feel every sharp pebble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, September 3, 2013
Nice but way too small runs smaller than the KSO disappointed but, I ended up getting them in a bigger size

Vibram FiveFingers SeeYa - Men's