Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on September 21, 2013
After jumping on the fish-eye bandwagon, I had immediately came to Amazon, after already hearing others having paid an outrageous 40-50 dollars to have both the camera, and installation from BestBuy & whatnot.

If your phone isn't magnet around the camera area (like my Samsung Galaxy S4 from T-Mobile), you will have to paste on the little magnet ring to your camera. It does not block the camera view at all, and it took me less than 1 minute to stick it on (you do not need glue of your own, the magnet ring has a sticky cover on the back, which you simply peel off.)
The ties have a magnet piece at the bottom, which connects to the back of the lens. It is convenient for me, since I had attached this to my keys, where I know I can always find it.

FISHEYE: Depending on how you change your image size on your phone, will determine how the fisheye is viewed. If you use 3264x2448 (4:3), the image comes out rounder, with a full circle. If you use (16:9), the image comes out with a long view, but the image still has the fisheye effect.

MACRO: Works very well when up-close to a small object. Very convenient if you try to take an image of something the size of a bug.

WIDE-ANGLE: If you're trying to catch a large object in front, but can't step much further back, this comes in handy. I enjoy using this when taking photos of a large scenery. (You will not be disappointed by it's work.)

Overall, I am satisfied with this product. It is well worth your money!
Note: This took about 5 days to ship (to Hawaii,) but it was definitely worth waiting.
22 comments152 of 159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2014
When I was looking into getting some lenses for my iPhone, I was shocked at some of the prices of the lenses. Lenses such as Olloclip and Squidcam, which were highly recommended to me were over 100 dollars in most cases. I wanted to try something a bit cheaper, as I didn't know how often I would really be able to use them. I saw these for 10 dollars and though why not try them. Let me tell you these lenses are well worth the 10 dollars!

Since I have an iPhone, I needed to use the magnetic circle sticker in order for the lenses to stay on. When I first put the sticker on, it promptly fell off when I put the lens on. Thankfully they come with more than one sticker, so I was able to try again. This time, I just pressed my thumb down on the sticker and applied pressure to it for about a minute. Since then, the sticker has never come off, and has barely ever moved. There are times when the magnets in the lenses, specifically the fisheye lens, pulls the sticker off a little bit, but if I take it off from a different direction, it's usually fine. The only downside to the sticker is that there is a bit of residue that it's going to leave behind. But when I take it off, the residue comes off easily with a little bit of cleaning.

The lenses themselves are great. When you first open the package, you might be disappointed to see that there are only two lenses. Don't fret however, because they are all there. The biggest one is your fisheye lens. This is by far my favorite lens. The wide angle and macro lens are together in one lens. When you first put it on, you will be using the wide angle lens. But you can unscrew about half the lens, which when fully taken off, becomes the macro lens. I was disappointed in the macro lens at first, because nothing seemed to be able to become focused. But I then found out that you need to have the lens extremely close to the object in order for it to focus. I have been able to get some very high resolution close ups with this lens!

Overall I love this product. As a professional photographer, I got these mainly for fun to have fun with my phone. But I was amazed by the quality of these lenses. Sometimes they have a few troubles focusing, but that's a given since it's still only a phone camera. Definitely a product worth your money!
11 comment74 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2014
I bought these as a small stocking stuffer and have fallen in love! I recently took images with the macro lens of snowflakes and was absolutely blown away by the detail that I got from my iPhone with this lens. Highly recommend!
review image
0Comment26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2013
Product was as described and works well! the rings to attach it are a slight pain, but that was expected. Overall good!
0Comment26 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2014
I really loved these lenses, really didn't expect that much, Are made from good glass, nice distortion, no need to crop photos. only for serious photographers

My own install manual:
1.- Grab adhesive ring and size it on your camera
2.- then paste,let it sit there for 25 minutes without touching it, then grab hair dryer and for about 1-2 minutes dry it.
You are ready to use your lenses.
11 comment45 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2014
Due to the shape of the iPhone 5C (it is curvier around the edges), this camera doesn't fit. As you can see in the product's image, the base of the lens lays flat because the iPhone is flat. Unfortunately, it doesn't lay that seamlessly on the 5C.
11 comment35 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2013
I use this product to film skateboarding and it's amazing, the fisheye and wide angle work great. I recommend buying this product
11 comment24 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2014
The price is amazing! I've been looking for fisheye lenses for my iPhone 5S for a while now and I was a bit hesitant to purchase this because I thought it'd be a cheap quality...and I am sooo glad my suspicions were wrong! My friend even compared it to her olloclip and my fisheye lens retained a better picture quality (we both have a 5S, not to mention her's was a pain to put on her phone and mine simply stuck to the magnet). I don't even mind the magnetic strip on my phone (well okay, I have clear covers to my phone's front and backside). I loved it so much I also bought it in black. Haha!
on November 4, 2013
I didn't want to spend $50+ on lenses I didn't absolutely need, so I went ahead and tried these. You can't beat the price, but like another reviewer said, the photos come a little blurry around the edges (mainly the fish eye lens). I have an iphone and needed to use the magnetic stickers, which work fairly well, but sometimes the lens will still move while "attached" to my phone.
11 comment43 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2014
Great little accessory for a trip we have coming up. 2 actual lenses with the wide and macro that screw together.
Total of 3 different photo changes.
Works with a small sticky metal that magnetizes to the lenses to hold in place.
Comes with extra metal "mounts" for multiple devices or phones. Great to share lenses with the wife.

Don't see myself carry around the lenses all the time, but for a trip this is a must have if you love taking photos!
see my photo comparison listed under the images for the product.
review image review image