Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Color: USB Bluetooth Receiver Adapter BlackChange

on February 6, 2014
Watch out. There are several reviews erroneously listed that are NOT for this device. For example, this receiver does NOT have an internal battery. It does NOT have physical buttons, it is NOT a two-way communications device--it only receives bluetooth information. Do NOT buy this if you want to "interface" with your car audio system. The listing doesn't claim it does any of this but clearly some buyers are confused and are giving it fewer stars for lack of the features. Other reviews say they do have the feature but that is not for this product. And hey, it doesn't cost but 3 cups of coffee.

Pros: It worked perfectly, receiving Bluetooth music streaming from my phone and sending it out to to the headphone jack. The sound quality is great. No set-up is required. I use it to stream music from my phone directly to a PC-type speaker & subwoofer system without a PC. It's ideal for this.

Cons: - It must be plugged in to the USB charger/AC adapter at all times. It does not have an internal battery.
- Range stinks. It claims 30 ft but I found it to be about 12 feet and less through walls and furniture.
- You have to reconnect to bluetooth manually each time.

I dinged it two stars for the lousy range. Otherwise, it performs as promised.
The Chinese translation instructions are hard to follow. Here is what you do:
1. Plug the bluetooth unit into the USB charger and the charger into the AC wall socket (or plug the bluetooth unit into a USB socket in your car. That gives it power input.
2. Plug the 3.5 mm cable into the bluetooth unit and into your speaker system. That is the signal output.
3. Find the bluetooth unit with your phone, and start playing music. That gives it signal input. I did not have to enter a code but one is labeled with the packaging.

Hope this helps.
1212 comments127 of 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2014
This is a review specifically of the "Portble USB Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Receiver" flavor of this product, the one that looks like a flash drive and has a separate audio cable.

This product works GREAT. For $10, I now have a Bluetooth-enabled stereo system. I plugged the receiver module with the included power wart into the switched outlet on the back of my 20-year-old Yamaha receiver, and hooked it up to the "CD" in line. My phone paired with the unit with no problem. The sound is fine for Bluetooth - I'm not an audiophile, but I don't notice a significant difference from a wired connection from my phone.

This model has no built-in battery and must be powered at all times to be functional, which not an issue for me as I keep it plugged into the spare outlet on the back of my receiver, so it receives power anytime the A/V system is on, and doesn't draw unnecessary power when it's off. Reception is fine - I can get about 15-20 feet away, which includes going through a wall.

There are other products out there from Belkin and HomeSpot that do the same thing and cost $30 or $40. This unit is smaller than either, cheaper, and accomplishes the same functionality.
22 comments34 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2014
So i purchased this item for my car to use my iphone 5 wirelessly. It works just as described, the best part is there is no power button so once it gets power from my car it turns on and once the car turns off, it shuts off. I have bluetooth built into the car for calls which the phone connects to both at the same time so I am able to receive calls when needed and then keep streaming the audio when i'm not on a phone call. Great adapter, great price. I love it!
99 comments31 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2015
If you are like me, you ignore the 5 star reviews because they are almost always planted. I also ignore the one stars because some of those people just sound angry and bitter at the world.

I honestly rate this at 5 stars to be honest. It's cheap ($10), simple (no battery, small profile) and has good sound quality. I tried a more expensive one before (one of the disc shaped ones with play,pause, fast forward, I think it was a Kinivo) and it was a piece of junk, bad sound quality, left channel was lower volume, and continually dropped connection. I sent that back and gave up on Bluetooth adapters since that was supposed to be the cream of the crop.

Well I took a chance on this and I'm impressed. It powers on with the 12v USB adapter pairs automatically and has outstanding sound quality. Most Bluetooth connections lose sound quality over an aux cable but this is damn near as good. So far so good, I don't know how long it will last but if I get a year or two out of I feel like $10 is a good deal.
review image
on May 22, 2014
Pros,
Easy to install, good quality music, it automatically picks up the connection and it automatically turns off with engine shutdown.
I heard few comments about the background noise, the fix I have is secure the connection firmly with charger and the aux cable, after I did that I am not seeing any noise.
I installed it in my 2008 camry and it works flawless, I am ordering one more for my BMW 2009 model.
It play any audio from your phone(music,video sound, navigation instructions) to your car audio. I don't have any conflict with my phone calls, I have Bluetooth enabled for my phone calls directly to car and the music pauses when I get the phone and it resumes automatically. Both music and phone calls works seamlessly. I am happy with this product so far.
on May 30, 2014
I have a 2008 3 Series with navigation and Bluetooth phone connectivity. Unfortunately, that model does not support streaming music and podcasts through Bluetooth. I was looking for a solution that would not interfere with the phone functionality and this product fits the bill as it only supports music streaming and does not overlap with my other wireless phone functionality.
This product is specially fit if you have both a USB port and an 3.5 mm audio input in your car. I just plugged the device into the USB port for automatic charging (power is turned on and off automatically) and plugged the 3.5 mm to the audio input. These two ports sit side by side in my car and are tucked away. I am very happy with my purchase!
on May 21, 2014
This thing is fantastic. I use this in my car. I was suffering with Bluetooth receivers that had batteries on-board because I would forget to turn the receiver off and then upon reentering my car, the battery would have died and I would need to wait for it to get a charge going before I could get it turn on and connect.

This little dongle erased that problem from my life. It powers on and off with my car, connects automatically, and remains out of sight so I can forget about what cheap, junky looking thing it is. It's nice when something works right, it makes you care less about how it looks. That's my take on this treasure. Would I recommend it, yes.
on July 23, 2014
Take a serious look at the number of 1 and 2 star reviews for this dog. Twenty percent, 20% ! of reviewers have serious problems making this adapter work or have experienced outright failures. Yep, the cost is super low and there's no hassle getting your money back. Still interested in buying? Strap in and be prepared to make a hobby or career out of making this puppy work.

I found the setup straight forward and slick. Maybe 2 minutes to install and pair to my Samsung S3 phone. At a distance of just 10' the Bluetooth connection dropped within 2-3 minutes every time I tried it. During the brief times the Vic Tsing was working the sound quality varied from great to severely distorted with volume levels out of control like some psycho was adjusting it up and down.

The VicTsing Bluetooth Adapter isn't banned from Amazon but it should be. Shame on Amazon for carrying this high failure rate product in a world where consumer electronic products work right out-of-the-box 99.9999% of the time. It's been a long time since a 1% defect rate was considered great let alone 20%.
on July 1, 2014
For the price this little guy is great. I use one in my car with my IPhone to plug into the car stereo, so I don't have to futz with wires to listen to Pandora and Spotify. This connects automatically with my iPhone as soon as I start the car, despite what I thought were reports to the contrary here on Amazon. I've never had a problem with dropouts or audio quality in the car.

At home I use one of these to connect the phone to powered speakers for listening to music. My phone pairs with it as soon as I power it on. The range isn't great as other folks report - maybe 12 feet or so - but that works for me.

And dude, it's only $9 (at the time of this writing) - you really can't argue at that price. I haven't seen anything comparable for that price.
on June 20, 2014
Very fast and easy setup! My 7 year-old Lexus has an AUX jack and 12-volt power supply in the center console. With my own 12-volt USB adapter, installation was a matter of plugging it all together in about 30 seconds. Pairing was simple with the first device, but you can't pair a 2nd device until you disconnect the first one. Bluetooth automatically reconnects to the last device when you start up the car. Just tap play on the phone and enjoy. Incoming phone calls automatically mute the music on the car speakers, and answer calls on the phone as usual. Sound quality over the car sound system is not ideal, but it's no worse than direct connection using a 3.5mm cable to the AUX jack on the car. And there's no more wires!