Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

71%
29%
Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on July 1, 2011
A book this good at 0.99 is a total steal. Jon F. Merz knows how to craft a tale and give characters that a reader can care about...or loathe. I hate to say much about this book since the less you know, the more you will enjoy it.

What I can say is this...
It's a classic good vs. evil story.
It's a detective story and can be considered a cross between X Files and Rizzoli and Isles.
It's a roller coaster ride.
It's just flat good to the last drop.

And, we're talking 99 cents, here, people. So, what in God's name do you have to lose?

Oh, and don't read this in an old house that suffers from drafts...
on February 9, 2013
I really enjoyed the story and pacing of the book. The pacing was relatively fast; something was almost always happening. The times when the characters were more introspective was the time when we got to learn more about them. The characters were likable and funny (especially the coroner). This is a perfect vacation book (which is where I read it), especially late at night when everyone else has gone to sleep :)
on June 11, 2010
Police detectives, nuns, serial killers and green brains.
What more could you ask from a paranormal thriller?
Well when author Jon F Merz writes a story you are guaranteed more. Much more.
What starts as a serial killer investigation leads to a battle with the ultimate evil.
A cleverly crafted tale that will keep you gripped until the very end.
I highly recommend this.
on June 11, 2009
If you loved Jon Merz's PARALLAX, you will love this one too. A gripping tale of a series of unexplained deaths and startling supernatural discoveries lead Detective Curran and a sister of the latest victim on a wild chase into the unknown. Evil lurks in every page making this book a hair-raising, bonechilling experience...keep the lights on!
on April 1, 2010
I am a huge fan of Jon F. Merz. His writing style always is so easy to follow and paints an awesome picture in my mind. I enjoyed this book and his other books very much. I love them all but my favorite still is PARALLAX.

Update: I just re-bought this book for my Kindle, see that is how much I love it!
on March 9, 2012
As much as I enjoyed Merzs logan series. this sojourn into satanism is beyond redemption. the plot is infantile and the characters are one dimensional. plus as always the typos are numerous and distracting.
VINE VOICEon May 4, 2010
One of my favorite authors has really done it again this a great read that pits a cop and a nun against a fight for each others lives
on June 28, 2015
Read a while back and don't remember a thing I read. Sound good to you?