‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the easily offended, September 28, 2004
This review is from: Vice Dos and Don'ts: 10 Years of VICE Magazine's Street Fashion Critiques (Paperback)
Love 'em or hate 'em, Vice is is not one to mince words. The NYC-via-Montreal magazine/record label/clothing store/book publishers compiled the "best of the best"...and "best of the worst" of Vice Magazine's street fashion critiques. Sometimes scathing, oftentimes blow milk out of your nose funny, mixed with thoughts of "I know he didn't just write that!" Vice Dos & Don'ts is an entertaining read. FYI: check out [...] for a complete archive of articles and 'fashion' critiques.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sits well next to a toilet..., January 2, 2005
So most of the photo write-ups come from insular, genre-arguing, punk ex-junkies... That's a fact. Though on the whole, the photos are interesting, and the fashion reviews are humorous, especially when a visual faux pas is employed.

Sadly, many of the critiques are poop level, and the reviews of women generally amount to "hot-or-not" trash.

Nevertheless, the book goes great next to a toilet and will, no doubt, be the envy of all your teenage male friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny, September 5, 2004
Narumi (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
Do not, I repeat DO NOT read this book on the train. I tried it and was laughing so hard everyone on the train was staring at me. This book is too funny to be brought out in public. I almost peed myself. Keep this book indoors where it belongs. It is the funniest thing I have ever read in my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly great work of research and judgment., February 7, 2008
In an age too often focused on the superficial and mundane, it is good to see that some people still focus on key issues for society. Buy this important book for yourself, your friends, your loved ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mala is crazy!, October 19, 2004
jason gilmour (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This has got to be the FUNNIEST book ever! That these guys are Canadian and NOT from Toronto makes the book even better! Yeah, the jokes are a bit cruel and un-P.C. but, jeepers, they are FAR from racist. Nobody is safe. Children, "normal" people, freaks even your mom could be captured on film and suddenly be forced to face the music for their fashion crimes! Most people who slam this type of humour are uptight, lame-o, party-poopin', pretentious, holier-than-thou nerds. If you know anything about VICE you will dig the vibe in this book.

Man, I am so afraid of people with cameras now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift for people watchers...., December 17, 2011
I purchased this book for my girlfriend as a birthday gift, as we both love to people watch in public. After reading the reviews, and being a long-time fan of vice already, I placed the order.

I hit a home run with this gift. This is a thick book, but an easy read as it's broken into hilariously written short segments which hold your interest as long as you allow.

I now often hear her cracking up in the other room, and no longer have to ask why - I know she's flipping through this book :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected, if not more, April 19, 2011
It was almost exactly what I expected. The reason why it was ALMOST exactly what I expected and not EXACTLY exactly what I expected is because it had MORE than what I expected. More pics. More vulgarity. Just more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book!, February 12, 2011
I love this book and have bought so many copies over the years as gifts for my friends! It's hilarious and offensive but if you're the type that loves to people watch and have a little bitch over terrible outfits - this is the book for you! It's a perfect coffee table book that you can pick up over and over and crack up laughing each time. The Vice guys and their comments are gold!

5.0 out of 5 stars do buy this book, September 14, 2010
I'm still not sure if the girl on the cover is a do or a don't. This book is perfect. Keep it close to your heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if I dress better or worse after reading., July 14, 2010
Justin (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Funny, yet insightful. Still have yet to determine if i dress better or worse after reading it. But I defiantly wear a better smile while reading it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Vice Dos and Don'ts: 10 Years of VICE Magazine's Street Fashion Critiques
Vice Dos and Don'ts: 10 Years of VICE Magazine's Street Fashion Critiques by Gavin McInnes (Paperback - September 1, 2004)
Used & New from: $0.01