5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!
Published on March 10, 2012 by zilskeem

2.0 out of 5 stars horrible design-bad taste- ingredients work
1. Worst childproof design ever...if an adult needs to use scissors to get the cap off the bottle...and i found that was the solution through an online google search where others had the same experience...then it is downright cruel to subject a sick person to. Will not ever purchase again unless this is changed.
2. Odd flavor....overly sweet due to multiple sugar...
Published on October 16, 2012 by nyfaerie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, March 10, 2012
This review is from: Vicks Nature Fusion Cold and Flu NightTime Relief, Real Honey, 8 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
Not sure what everyone else is complaining about. Keep in mind, this is MEDICINE, not honey. The medicine is suspended in the honey, so it is deceiving when you take it for the first time. Looks like honey, smells like honey, but it will not taste like plain honey. Let's be real! It is honey with medicine in it, so it will taste like that. Once you get past that initial taste, the rest is history. This MEDICINE works like a charm. And, the honey is a natural home remedy for coughing, so you get the best of both modern medicine and natural healing. Make sure you understand what to expect before taking this medicine and then you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well I must be weird, February 6, 2013
I actually think this stuff tastes awesome.. Haha.. its like the normal sucky cough medicine taste but ten times better because I can actually taste the honey over it.. which to me makes is taste waaay better. Maybe I'm just too sick right now to really taste it, but the way it tastes and even the consistency its yummy to me. I want to drink the whole bottle.. Now I feel weird

5.0 out of 5 stars <3 THE ABSOLUTE BEST Over-The-Counter Remedy I've EVER Tried <3, July 22, 2014
This is the absolutely best over-the-counter remedy I've ever tried. I was sick ALL of June. I mean dreadfully ill. I don't know what grabbed hold of me but it threw me down hard. I had a pounding headache that went down to my waist! I coughed SOOOOO much I think I recracked a rib that I had once broken. My neighbors could hear me and when they saw me taking out the trash they avoided me as if I was carrying the plague. And my throat was SOOOOO intensely sore, I thought I had strep...but even after a Z-pack that I fully expected would clear it up, the sore throat remained...day and night.

After the Z-pack which I had right from the beginning, I systematically purchased EVERY over-the-counter medicine during that month. You name it. I had it and used it up to the bottom of the bottles WITHOUT relief. That included the original NyQuil, which was always my goTo otc remedy when I was sick. This time it just didn't do what I prayed it would.

I dragged my weak butt over to the grocery store at the corner. I had to walk because I do not have a car. I aimed myself to the aisle with all the medicines and such. My eyes were so blurry i had to go there by memory. Seriously. I was that sick...after a MONTH of it.

The night before I had coughed so much that once again, I did NOT get a minutes of sleep. And worse. So my intention was to get a cough suppressant that would help me through the night. I had already downed an entire bottle of honey that I had home and mixed with lemon. It helped soothe the sore throat a little, but not enough to feel ready for any day. All I wanted to do was crawl into a hole. I even refused to answer the phone.

I looked over all the remedies on the shelf. Nope. Tried that one. Nope. Tried that one. Nope. Nope. Nope. And then I saw something I never saw there before. The Vicks Nature Fusion Cold and Flu NIGHT TIME Relief with Real Honey. I didn't even check the price. I just grabbed it and another box of tissues, a jug of orange juice and went home.

I slipped back into my pj's as soon as I got home. i took a full dose and went back to bed. I slept like a baby. When I woke up, I actually felt a wee bit better. My throat wasn't even so sore. That night I took another dose before I went to bed and again, I slept like a baby. When I woke up I felt significantly better and my throat hardly hurt at all. I took it again last night and once again, I could breath great. There was no throat ripping coughing. My throat wasn't so sore. I slept like a baby. Today, I feel GREAT! I certainly don't feel like I am having the sort of "morning hangover" I usually will get from NyQuil. I haven't coughed at all. My throat is pain free. My head doesn't ache at all. I don't feel like I have cultivated a nasty sinus infection anymore. I feel like I have my health back, which to me, is simply amazing after the past seven weeks of feeling the worst kind of miserable. So much for the flu shot I got. I seem to feel like it must have worn off. At any rate, I got way more than my money's worth out of three doses of the medicine AND there is still a half a bottle left of it!

Yes, it is as thick and tastes exactly like honey. It is honey with an antihistamine and cough suppressant added to it. It's wonderful. That's all I can say. I will not be getting anything else ever again. If they discontinue this amazing remedy I will utterly FREAK OUT!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not so bad but could be better, December 31, 2011
NaTaLiA "OzaHiRu" (Saint Peters, MO USA) - See all my reviews
I read the other 2 reviews b4 me and I see their points but still don't think it deserve just 1-2 stars since it does work for me. I feel so much better after 2 days taking this medicine. I could agree more that the consistency of the syrup is thick but not the kind of thick that will coat and soothe your throat. For the taste, just like honey but still have some cold/flu medicine taste in it. People need to understand that they are taking a medicine not a miracle juice. If you don't like or even hate common taste of cough syrup , then take a pill and a cough drop that suit your taste. For me this is the most nicer taste of cough syrupy than other out there. For drowsiness , it does take a lot longer to make you yawn and sleepy. On my first night , I was sick as a dog I sleep almost right away after taking the medicine. But on my 2nd night, it took about an hour and a half for me to about to pass out on my couch. This are just my opinions, what work for me doesn't mean it will work for u, but if u never try how could u know u will like it or not , right? What more could u lose? For me $6.99(since it was on sale) w/ a story to tell & I can said that even tho there some more rooms for improvement , I still like it and will buy it again ;0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for us, January 30, 2012
Raymond J Truesdale (Chenango forks, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This worked good for us and without all the food dyes and unnecessary additives. It is thick and tastes a bit like medicine but it's not horrible. I have tasted much worse. Most importantly it worked and controlled my cough and fever so I could sleep.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vicks nature fusion cold/flu, November 22, 2013
I'm never going to choose 5 (don't like the "love it". This is an excellent over the counter medicine. I do not take liquids very well at all and try my hardest not but recently I had a very bad respiratory infection/fever/etc and at my husbands encouragement tried this. It was very effective and very palatable. I eat honey almost every day so the honey base in this medicine made it very easy for me to take.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stuff ever, October 8, 2013
This stuff works great! soothes the sore throat, quiets the cough, and knocks me out.... like the old Nyquil used to before they took the good stuff out!
Can't find this in stores anymore, I think they're discontinuing it... better stock up while ya can.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, May 12, 2013
I just got home from college and immediately got sick, so I decided to try this atuff. After two days of taking it, my sore throat was gone (HELLO HONEY) and any symptoms of the cold have disappeared. Strongly recommend to anyone who is sick!

5.0 out of 5 stars It WORKS, December 23, 2012
I expected this to be MEDICINE, taste like medicine, and it did (and like all medicines, it's not a food for enjoyment), so that didn't bother me. What concerns/worries me about any medicine is how my body reacts to it. I'm usually pretty sensitive to any medicines (the cure can be worse than the disease with me - so I do child doses). I go natural for all my home remedies. This time I had a bad cold with totally inflamed sinuses and couldn't breath from my nose at all (let alone any saline sprays to help). My co-worker had some Nature Fusion and told me to try it (she's like me with medicines), and sip a full adult dose over the course of 15-30 mins like a liquor. No heavy intake and I had no strange reactions.

Within an hour I felt better. The sneezing stopped long enough for my nose to clear a bit so I could begin to breathe. It lasted for a good 5 hours. At the 6 hour mark I started another dose. The only thing I felt from this, other than the relief from sneezing, was a bit tired for an hour - more like relaxed like before you're ready for sleep at night. So when the 2nd dose kicked in (slowly), I layed down and slept comfortably that night. I felt pretty good by the second day. No sneezing, just a little congestion and was feeling nearly back to normal within 48 hrs after the onset. (I suggest a regular healthy diet with extra minerals to help your own immune system. Most of the people at my office had this same thing and other than the co-worker who also eats well, we both are better while the others are still suffering after a week + - and we have 25 yrs on them.)

This won't get rid of a cold or flu but alleviates the symptoms enough to rest well and let your body do its thing.
I still don't know what's in this because I couldn't read the label, but trusted my co-worker. I think it had generic tylenol in it (which I usually won't touch because it's hard on the kidneys). But in a pinch and if feeling too crappy to function, I would take it again. My grown children trust me on recommendations because I'm very cautious and don't offer them anything I haven't tried for myself. I recommended this to one of my daughters and she's happy with it as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Medicine, disguised as Honey!, October 23, 2012
It's thick like honey and does the job better then NyQuil (imo). I don't get the 'hangover fog' the morning after like I do with other Nightime Cold medicines. As for the 'disgusting taste' reviews, to each their own. To me its the best tasting liquid medicine out there.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›