Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vicks VapoRub Greaseless Cream, 2.99 oz, One Tube
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 17, 2012
URGENT!!!!!!!!! PLEASE BRING THIS PRODUCT BACK ON THE SHELVES ASAP!!!!!! THIS WAS SUCH AN AMAZING PRODUCT THE FACT THAT IT WAS "GREASELESS" IS THE KEY THING NO STAINS ON SHEETS AND CLOTHING AND ACTUALLY IT WORKS BETTER THEN THE OTHER REGULAR FORMULA. PLEASE PLEASE HEAR ME LOUD AND CLEAR, HELP ME I HAVE BEEN TO 52 STORES IN THE PAST TWO MONTHS AND ZERO LUCK. PLEASE PRODUCE THIS PRODUCT AGAIN. IT IS MY HEALING MIRACLE.
2424 comments|126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2013
I was running out so I came to Amazon to buy some more and was disappointed to hear that Vick's Vaporub Greaseless Cream is no longer available. So disappointed that I wrote to P&G. I told them that if the reason they discontinued this product was due to low demand it was because they didn't advertise it.

I think the majority of us only know about the greasy ointment that our parents covered us in when we were kids.
The minute you say Vick's Vaporub to most people the response is ugh! that greasy stuff!
Even if you have a jar of the ointment, how often do you use it and have to replace it? Probably not that often.
So, if it's not advertised and it's not a product that you have to replace often then a lot of people probably didn't even know it existed. I only discovered it myself a few years ago when my aunt asked me to pick up some Vick's ointment for her. I saw the cream and tried it and have been using it ever since.
If I hadn't had to buy the ointment for her, I wouldn't have known about it either! Everyone I've told about it since then had never heard of it but, once they tried it, they loved it too.

This is part of the response I received from P&G:
I'm sorry, but Vicks Vaporub Cream has been discontinued and it's no longer available. Generally, decisions to start or stop making products are based on consumer demand, so feedback like yours is extremely valuable. Please be assured I'm sharing your disappointment with the rest of our team.

So let's create that consumer demand and get this product back!
Take a minute and let the P&G know: [...]
1616 comments|117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2011
This is so FANTASTIC! I LOVE it! I put it on our families feet when we are sick & it works wonders to clear the nose & cough. But, I can't find it in stores; they have a spot for it, but never have the product. Vicks needs to stop making the ointment/greasy stuff & just make this. My kids never would let me put the greasy stuff on their chest, so I'd put it on their shirt, but it stains so I'd try to make sure they were using old junk shirts. No more using the old pills & liquids for colds; this cream works WAY BETTER!
on January 1, 2013
I cannot believe that P&G has discontinued this item and yet still has on the market that greasy, disgusting Vaporub product. I have had difficulty this past year in finding the greaseless cream, and when I did find it, I bought two tubes, not knowing that I should be stockpiling it and keeping it in the refrigerator. Upon looking tonight to amazon, my general store, I discovered a tube of a couple of ounces for $99.99. I assume this is a typo, but there was no way around the price, as I discovered at check-out. So, after much internet searching, I found that most sites said, "Out of stock", as did my two local drug stores, but I managed to find a site and order four tubes, although the expiration date is, guess what - this month.

I'm sure P&G is not watching this site, but for all of you other shoppers, when I was in the hospital last year, I asked my son to bring me the greaseless cream, to help relieve the discomfort from the tube up my nose and down my throat. Not being able to find the greaseless, he brought that greasy stuff in the jar, and in desperation, I used it. The odor permeated the floor to the extent that four different nurses came to my bedside to ask me not to continue using the stinking stuff.

So - if you are disturbed about the removal of this good product, google P&G CEO, call, and raise hades.

Upate: The fax number for Robert McDondald, P&G CEO is 513.983.4381. Other than that, you have to do snail mail since "they" don't give out their email addresses and I'm sure do not respond to complaints, either via email or snail mail. However, I'll bet there are folks out there who know how to program their computer faxes to send multiple notifications...Good luck to you. I received today the apparent last four tubes on earth, and they were made in Mexico.
1313 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2007
I have been using this product for years. This is the best product there is for colds. You rub a wee bit on your forehead and it helps tremendously your headache. Put a bit right under your nose and on your chest and you will sleep like a baby because it will help you to breath properly,even if you have this colds. It is a cream so it penetrates in your skin versus the gel that stick to your skin and does not really work. Some other products try to do the same but they don't work as good.
on November 25, 2010
This might sound almost redundant given the other review, but I've had the same experience...VapoRub cream is my go-to remedy for headaches (yes, you can rub it in right on your forehead and it will kill most headaches, especially if they're sinus-related, within 10-15 minutes tops), clear up stuffed-up sinuses and of course put an end to non-stop coughing. I put it directly on my face next to my nose when I have severe sinus pressure and pain, and sometimes under my nose if I'm really stuffed up. It does make my eyes tear when it's that close to them, but by the time my sinuses are cleared up, my eyes are dry too (a matter of minutes). It truly works like a charm, and after a recent experience with a competitor's product, I will make sure I am never without my VapoRub cream again!!

I recently was sick with a terrible cough and didn't realize my tube of the cream had expired four years ago, because it was still working until just this past month! I couldn't find the other tube lying around the house, so I went to my local pharmacy, which only had the gel. I hate the gel, but I was desperate and ended up buying the new Icy Hot No-Mess Vapor Gel, because it said "no mess". That was a huge mistake because not only didn't it work very well, it stained and ruined my shirt.

Then I remembered I had told a neighbor about the VapoRub cream when her daughter was sick, and asked her if I could borrow it (I was too sick to shop around and my husband was at work). I was on numerous meds for the cough, but I still used the VapoRub to calm down occasional fits. When I got healthy I immediately bought my friend a new tube so that she'd still have one on hand.

It really is just one of the best remedies if you've got sinus issues, so buy it now before you NEED it. It is one to keep on hand for sure.
on January 31, 2014
Have been using this product for years and now I can't find it on the shelves. Am disappointed. This is a great product and we need it. I use it on a Kleenex to sniff for a stuffy nose, add a drop in the dent of my throat to help with a cough. This is an awesome product. Please tell PG to bring it back. I've not had to use a vaporizer since I found it.
on November 28, 2010
I bought this for a fungus under my finger nail. the doctor said it will help. well to my shock it is helping and its almost 100% gone. I been sick and remembered that i bought this wow it helps so much kinda burns on the nips and neck; but if u avoid thous areas then your fine it still clear you up.
on December 8, 2012
It is hard to find this product any longer but it is hands down the best and quickest treatment for sinus and head and chest congestion. The active ingredients is camphor 5.2% eucalyplus 1.2% menthol 2.8. This is just the best !
on March 28, 2013
This price is crazy for only a 2.99oz tube bottle please bring it a lower price people would buy it more!