5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good! (love it)
I've only had my WF1 for 2 days but so far so good! Latest firmware let me mute the LED blink and voices.

The Adhesive mount is MUCH better than the large suction cup mount of course. It blends perfectly behind my mirror dead center.

I posted a few things on DashCamTalk.c0m (see Vicovation section)

I'll create my own full review soon...
Published 14 months ago by JazJon

Published 15 months ago by Kenneth

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money and to many issues that needs to be worked out, September 21, 2013
This review is from: Vicovation Vico-WF1 Smart Wi-Fi 1080p Full HD Car Dash Camera (Electronics)
This item is fairly new and to anybody considering buying it I would stay away from it until they work out the bugs. I have the Lukas 7900 which works flawless so my review is between these two car cams. The features on the Vico-WF1 is non existent compared to the Lukas 7900. There is no means to view the G sensor data, no parking mode, no dedicated mute that I'm aware of and the night quality was not that good. Even the date and time is not layer out well on the video when I compare it to the Lukas 7900. The day of the week is not even on the video and the time is only hrs and minutes without seconds. The day video was a little better than the Lukas 7900 but for what you get as far as features the Lukas 7900 out performs it big time. I mainly purchased the Vico-WF1 thinking the video would be much better plus it was Wi Fi so I could save the videos to my iPhone if needed to and I would use the Lukas 7900 as a rearward looking car cam.

I was never successful saving a single video to my iPhone using the WIFi connection. It only worked viewing the videos but I was always unsuccessful saving a video. I had issues where it would say there was a memory card error and stop recording and the only work around was to power it off and then back on. I used two different memory cards and had the same issue and both memory cards were class 10. Before using the memory cards I would make sure that it was formatted by the iPhone app that is used to change the settings but I would still would still get memory card errors daily. The WiFi connection is not that great and there were times that I would wait 10 minutes before finding the device and sometimes I would just give up and use the setting that was already in place. Since the only way to change the settings is via WIFI this is unacceptable. There is no way to change the settings using a PC using the USB cable that came with it. The USB cable is only used to view the recordings or to transfer the recording to your PC.

Maybe the one I had was a lemon but even if it was not and the WiFi and memory card worked perfectly I would want a lot more features for the price I paid. The LDWS feature is a joke and is something I would never use. I would rather have a dedicated mute than LDWS.

The only thing I liked about the Vico-WF1 was the mounts that came with it and the size. At least for the one I received this is a very unreliable car cam that never should of gone to market without working out the issues that appears to be inherit with this Car Cam.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good! (love it), October 19, 2013
JazJon (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews

I posted a few things on DashCamTalk.c0m (see Vicovation section)

I'll create my own full review soon. (with plenty of video examples)

I'll update this review once it's ready.

UPDATE March 2014:
Wow this thing keeps getting better and better. The latest V1.51 firmware pushes the Ambarella A5 processor to produce OUTSTANDING low light night time recordings. The WDR night enhancement is very impressive now. If you want way above average low light capability, WF1 is a true mobile DVR solution.

Vico-WF1 new FW V1.51
★ Improvement:
1. Improve image quality. Enhance the sharpness and clearness.
2. Improve low temperature endurance
3. Add "Second" digits into Time Stamp.
★ New function:
1. WiFi Auto Off
2. Rotate Video 180 degrees
3. Audio Alert Language Selections.
4. Add German interface and voice notification.

There is also a new PushCam service offered. (google it)

I heard Parking Mode is another feature being worked on by Vico's R&D, the innovation is non-stop.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great high quality camera with a few small issues that have been fixed., January 20, 2014
I wrote a previous review when I first bought the camera. Now that I have owned it for about 5 months and a lot has changed since then I wanted to re-do the review.

First of all make sure you have the most new firmware (1.53) and most new VicoViewer application (1.1.7) for your Android or iOS device. There were some issues with the initial release under lower firmwares, but once 1.53 came out everything works really well.

Another reviewer mentioned that the suction cup is quite big, and it is. If you do not like the suction cup mount and don't want to go sticking things check out DashCamTalk for a rear view mirror mount.

With everything updated the camera works really well. the camera looks great at night and you can adjust the night time enchantment and exposure if need be. The only real drawback to this camera is that if you are looking for GPS or a Screen this camera lacks though, but it makes up for it with a small install size and wireless connectivity that reaches quite far.

If you need a camera with GPS or a Screen I would recommend waiting for the Marcus 1(Slightly less performance) or Marcus 3

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Camera, January 17, 2014
My item is not from amz, but I am sure it is the same item listed here.
Good:
- Camara recording is true full HD at 1920x1080.
- Lens is in good quality to line up with the resolution
- Recording quality is substantially better than my other cameras (X6000), especially at night
- It is really wide angle, much wider than my other camera (X6000)
- App provided many options to setup the camera.
- Firmware update is quite often and each update provides some more options in the menu.

Bad:
- It may have trouble to boot up next time if power is only connected a few second previously.
- Can't record G-sensor together with video
- High price
After thought:
- If they have a compatible wifi CANII scanner to work with this will be sweet. The camera can then be used to record many parameters of the car.

2.0 out of 5 stars The camera works great when it is working, June 27, 2014
The camera works great when it is working; clear picture both day and night.

The problem is; it randomly will decide when it wants to boot up when I start my vehicle. I have even unplugged and plugged it back in after the car has started, and it won't boot up. However the next day, it will start up when I start the car, and work for 2-3 days, then won't boot up again, then will boot up again the next day after that. Frustrating; you want your dashcam to power up EVERY time you start your vehicle. Dashcams are useless if they randomly decide when they want to turn on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a look!, April 15, 2014
I live in Texas, and heat will kill most dash cams.
i wanted a unit that wouldn't die on the first day of July.

There are units that have features I wanted, but those features wouldn't have been any use if the device burned up on my windshield.

As it is, the unit is good. It is small, easy to set up. Works flawlessly with my iPhone 5s, produces a good video record, easy to transfer etc.

If the maker is monitoring the reviews, I would like a GPS function as an addition.

A little pricy, but as long as it remains functional on my windshield in the summer, i will be happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars ., December 6, 2013
I have had nothing but trouble, and I have spent a total of € 400.00, plus I could not use it because it never worked properly, and you've written several times and also through the help center or through my account, but AMAZON.COM seems NOT RECEIVE MY COMPLAINTS AND REPORTS ABOUT YOU MY PROBLEMS!!

THEN WHY VOTE A STAR 'CAN NOT BE LESS IF I WOULD HAVE MADE NO LESS ...

It derives its INERVOSITO ARE DISSATISFIED!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, December 2, 2014
Works very well in sub zero temperature.

1.0 out of 5 stars Upgrade fail...., February 3, 2014
Following extactly their procedure to upgrade the firmware and the camera starts re-booting but nothing working anymore...bricked. Used exactly the car battery as power supply and no power interruption. There must be a bug in the upgrade package downloaded from their web site... don't buy.

Vicovation Vico-WF1 Smart Wi-Fi 1080p Full HD Car Dash Camera