4.0 out of 5 stars Victorian Goods and Merchandise
Published on May 7, 2008 by Dolly Varden-Chambers

3.0 out of 5 stars Clip Art Review
This is a good clip art book for finding old illustrations to be
used in Steampunk projects. There is no cd included.
The images need to be physically cut out or scanned to be used.
I gave this book as a gift to a friend, who is an artist.
He was very happy with the illustrations.
Published on December 29, 2011 by KatReadzAlot

4.0 out of 5 stars Victorian Goods and Merchandise, May 7, 2008
Dolly Varden-Chambers (Waikato, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Victorian Goods and Merchandise: 2,300 Illustrations (Dover Pictorial Archive) (Paperback)
A fascinating book, with wonderful illustrations, it could have been made much more interesting and enjoyable with some description of the items and their use. If this had cost a little more, it would have been worth it. Some of the items I have seen in my Grandmother's home, unfortunately, much was lost when her Mother's home was burn't down in 1942. A book definitely worth buying.
Selwyn Chambers

4.0 out of 5 stars A Useful Reference Tool, February 7, 2007
I have enjoyed looking through this fascinating book and it is a great help to me as a writer, when I want a visual fix on a Victorian article I plan to use in a story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of illustrations to work with., February 17, 2010
Janeen Duer (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased the book for Victorian inspiration for use in ATCs, collage work, and steampunk art material. Wonderful ideas and features for use with mermaids, sirens, and other collage projects.

3.0 out of 5 stars Clip Art Review, December 29, 2011
This is a good clip art book for finding old illustrations to be
used in Steampunk projects. There is no cd included.
The images need to be physically cut out or scanned to be used.
I gave this book as a gift to a friend, who is an artist.
He was very happy with the illustrations.

3.0 out of 5 stars good references- kinda, December 19, 2012
this is a very comprehensive book of images, but they are all super tiny and you can tell they were shrank down from much larger images and not edited well. the lines are very close together on a lot of the drawings and make the effect a little blurry. i still like having it around for reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, June 16, 2014
The book is just amazing. Everytime I pick it up new things pop out at me and I have looked through it many times already.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not what I needed, March 7, 2014
I was hoping this would be printable so that I could incorporate some of the pictures into my needle point. I couldn't figure out how to do that at all. Interesting but of no use to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love creepy!, January 5, 2014
I like this book for reference as an artist. I really enjoy old Victorian items because they have an element of creepy. It's good to have a quick reference at your fingertips when illustrating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great catalogue, June 4, 2010
Lots of images to choose from of almost every item you can imagine. Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars is a great book, October 8, 2011
It's a great book, here you will find many quality and beautiful pictures for your design.
I really liked it, this is very useful for the designer.

Victorian Goods and Merchandise: 2,300 Illustrations (Dover Pictorial Archive)
Victorian Goods and Merchandise: 2,300 Illustrations (Dover Pictorial Archive) by Carol Belanger Grafton (Paperback - July 2, 1997)
$16.95 $12.67
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies