5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch
A watch is the one thing that might just be worth splurging on (if you consider $319 " splurging"). Of course you can pay a lot less, or a lot more for a watch, but a watch that's functional, aesthetically pleasing and comfortable is important. If your like me, you'll likely be using it on a daily basis, for a decade or more.

The reason I was in the market for...
Published on May 21, 2011 by Karl

1.0 out of 5 stars waiting a help before change my review
Hi Sir, My watch doesn't work, it's getting late a few hours after I adjust the right time and the cronograph doesn't work too. I live in Brazil and I called Victorinox here, they can do nothing. Please help-me, what can I do? My another watch that I bought with this is working very well.
Published 20 months ago by Eduardo Moliterno Lopes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch, May 21, 2011
This review is from: Victorinox Swiss Army Men's 241405 Chrono Classic PVD Coated Grey Dial Watch (Watch)

The reason I was in the market for a new watch is that the band on my 15 year old Swiss Army watch kept breaking after repeated repairs. I looked into getting a replacement band but the band alone would run me $140, so I figured I might as well look at a completely new watch.

After lots of looking around, I chose the Victorinox Swiss Army Men's 241405 Chrono Classic PVD Coated Grey Dial Watch. The List Price is $525.00, but you can find it for as low as $319.00 with FREE shipping at Amazon.com

The Victorinox Swiss Army Men's 241405 Chrono Classic PVD Coated Grey Dial Watch has a Stainless steel case with a stainless steel bracelet and a tachymeter bezel. The face is black ice guilloche with luminous hands and Arabic numerals hour markers and luminiscent minute markers around the outer rim. The Chronograph has - three sub-dials displaying: 60 seconds, 30 minutes and 1/10th of a second. It has a quartz movement, scratch resistant anti-reflective sapphire crystal, a stainless steel screw-in case back. The case diameter: 41 mm. Case thickness: 12.2 mm. Deployment with push button release clasp and it's water resistant to 100 meters / 330 feet.
What's guilloche you ask? Find out here
What's a tachymeter and how does it work you ask? Find out here
About PVD Coating
Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) is a process to produce a metal vapor that can be deposited on electrically conductive materials as a thin highly adhered pure metal or alloy coating. The process is carried out in a vacuum chamber at high vacuum (10-6 torr) using a cathodic arc source PVD Coatings are generally used for Medical Device Applications for its hypo-allergenic and wear resistant properites.

PVD coating has been around for decades primarily in military applications original designed to decrease friction wear on metal parts. It bonds a micron thick layer of metal compounds to metal or other materials. Why PVD? First off the finish won't wear off. It reduces wear of bracelets, crowns, bezels, etc. Adds a unique Professional appearance to your timepiece & virtually eliminates reflective glare. As the deposition process is so flexible many industries have begun using the technology. Tooling for example on metal cutting lathes increases the life of all sorts of parts from the lathe bed to the cutting tools themselves. F1, where as many people know is often on the cutting edge of technology in racing has used PVD successfully on transmission gears and engine parts to help those 10,000+ RPM engines increase reliability. Because PVD reduces friction between metal parts less lubrication is necessary and temperatures are generally lower than without coatings. Though PVD coatings are typically only a few microns thick the molecules bond to the surface of the metal in such a way that they are nearly impossible to remove once applied. This long lasting resilience is what makes PVD so attractive for thousands of mechanical applications.

Since it was introduced to the medical device industry in the late 1980s, physical vapor deposition (PVD) has become widely used to deposit wear-resistant thin-film coatings on a variety of medical devices, including orthopedic implants, pacemakers, surgical instruments, orthodontic appliances and dental instruments. The value of PVD technology rests in its ability to modify the surface properties of a device without changing the underlying material properties and biomechanical functionality.
PVD Coating Properties and Medical Devices> PVD coatings provide a number of benefits to medical devices in addition to hardness and adhesion. The most significant are listed in Table I. The biocompatibility of a coating is a prerequisite to its use on medical devices. Coatings are certified biocompatible based on a series of tests conducted by an independent biological-testing laboratory. These tests were conducted in accordance with ISO 10993-1 guidelines for materials that experience short-term body contact. The results indicate that TiN, ZrN, CrN, TiAlN, AlTiN and two Multi-Arc proprietary coatings (Blackbond and Tetrabond) are acceptable for external and internal medical devices that contact bone, skin tissue or blood. [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Product Exactly as Described, July 6, 2011
Just received the Victorinox Swiss Army 241405 Chrono Classic. It was a birthday gift for my husbands 30th. It is packaged very well. The watch itself is beautiful. The face is gunmetal grey, but in certain light, it looks dark brown. Either way, it's great, it will go with anything. This is a very nice watch at a great price.

The only thing a potential buyer may need to know is that Swiss Army only honors their 3 year warranty when their watch is sold through an authorized retailer. Because JomaShop and Amazon are both not authorized retailers, the warranty card is not "stamped".

The discounted price makes up for the lack of warranty from Swiss Army in my mind. Also, Amazon warranties the watch for 2 years. So not a bad trade off, all-in-all. I am very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this watch, October 12, 2010
Dan Apol (Bellevue, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I spent quite a bit of time searching for this watch. I was looking for a stainless watch with bracelet, chronograph (or subdials of some sort, purely for the look), black face and 40mm or less. I stretched 1mm on the case (no big deal), and the face is dark enough to get the look that I was after. I love the face. The face is guilloched, that is there is a pattern cut into the face. The subdials appear to rest inside of it, and the numbers rise above it and have a metallic finish to them. The result is a different look to the watch as lighting changes, which I find very appealing.

This is my first Victorinox, and I'm looking forward to wearing it for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid watch. classic styling, July 30, 2010
I've worn this watch daily for the past 3 years. It's a well built timepiece. Like all swiss products, this is a solid and beautiful watch. I often get compliments on it. Victorninox watches, are a great lower middle range watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice piece, but not without its flaws..., October 25, 2011
I just received this today, so these are my initial impressions. This is my first nice watch, and it is definitely a quality product. The fit and finish are fantastic, and it has a nice weight to it. The size is also very nice; it's not like a lot of the huge fashion watches that I saw while looking for a nice watch. The crystal is so clear that you sometimes can't even tell it's there. This is a big step up from some of the cheaper watches I've had in the past. Unfortunately, there are a few things I don't like about this watch. The numbers blend into the dial, in a lot of lighting conditions. This means you have to kind of move the watch around (to adjust the glare) to be able to see the numbers sometimes. It's not a huge deal, but it was something that I didn't expect at all, based on the photos. The dial background color appears much lighter in person than it does in the photos. Although I really like the way the pattern is cut into the dial (3 dimensional), I may have chosen the model with the black face if I had known it would be so hard to read the numbers in some lighting conditions. My other gripe is that only the hands glow. None of the numbers (including the logo at 12 o'clock) glow, so it's hard to have a point of reference in the dark.

Overall, it's very nice. I haven't decided yet whether these issues are enough to make me want to return it. One other thing that some may not know is that the large (traditional) second hand does not move during normal operation. The small second dial (the one in the center) shows you the seconds. The only time the large second hand moves is in chrono mode. This isn't a problem for me, but having not had a nice chrono watch before, it's something I was unaware of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for..., April 15, 2011
Spent quite a bit of time looking for a good everyday watch that was nice enough for the office, but also casual enough to wear with jeans. This watch covers it all. I got the band sized shortly after receiving it and since then I've had multiple people comment on it everyday I wear it. Could not have asked for a better product and the price could not be beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great timepiece., April 4, 2012
I am complemented all the time about the Victorinox and it feels very natural on my wrist. I wanted a nice dress watch for going out but now I wear it all the time, even to work and it holds up great. No scratches on the glass and the watch has been slammed, dropped, and knicked with no damage. I plan on getting another Victorinox soon because of their great looks, solid construction, and great time keeping.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!, December 28, 2011
I purchased this watch for my husband for Christmas. This is my husbands first watch so I knew that he needed something of quality. I did a lot of research in the price range and decided to choose this watch. When I received the watch, it was nice, but it was way lighter than the photo, (Im thinking because i was in my basement or something), so I was nervous to give the watch to him because of it being so much lighter. On Christmas day, he was VERY happy, and when I looked at the watch again in regular daylight, it is a gray color, still lighter than the photo, but not as light as it seemed to me at first. It really, really is a nice watch. The makers website and other websites are selling this watch at full price, but getting it thru amazon, does not allow you to use their warranty. Amazon does offer a 2 year warranty so I believe this watch is a steal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Stellar!, December 4, 2011
I always knew that Victorinox timepieces were good mid range watches, but until I actually bought this Chrono Classic for myself I had no idea how good. It is the image of quality, with a good hefty weight to the watch and a fantastic sheen on it's stainless steel body and bracelet. The Sapphire crystal lens looks magnificent and the actual watch face has a lovely pattern carved into it. Everything is textured and looks like a million dollars. The quality and timeless style this watch sports is usually only found on much higher end and (expensive) timepieces.

All in all, a perfect buy for something in the mid range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goog looking watch for a fair price, February 6, 2012
This watch is very nice. I bought it without never having even touched it before and it exceeded my expectations. Victorinox is a great brand (I am a long time fan of their produts). Its price was also fair.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›