5.0 out of 5 stars Great Victorinox watch!
Published on October 5, 2011 by soccrosse

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Morning Yesterday I received the watch
Good Morning Yesterday I received the watch. The watch has a sctrach on the lower left edge near the number 7 Appears to be beaten, so I believe that the product is defective and request the change of the same or a refund. I await your response.
The seller was Authentic Watch Store
Published 15 days ago by Diego B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Victorinox watch!, October 5, 2011
This review is from: Victorinox Men's 241494 Chrono Classic Analog Display Swiss Quartz Silver Watch (Watch)
I did not purchase directly from Amazon, but bought this watch from Jomashop, which is one of the vendors for Amazon. I am extremely happy with my transaction with Jomashop! The Victorinox Black Chrono 241494 is a beautiful watch that I absolutely love. The weight and build of the watch is astounding and the craftsmanship by Victorinox is immaculate. The hands line up perfectly with the tick marks. This is a watch that I can dress up or wear casually and certainly a watch that I will wear everyday for many years to come. The watch came in brand new, perfect condition with all of the original plastic protective stickers all over the sapphire crystal face and watchband. The packaging job that Jomashop did was very impressive, much better than I anticipated. They wrapped the package extremely well so that there were little to no voids between it and the surrounding shipping box. And you can't beat the price! Yes, you do not get the certified stamp from Victorinox so it is not covered under their warranty, but Jomashop stands by their products and they issue a warranty of their own. I don't expect this watch to have any troubles in the next few years anyways when their warranty would be valid. I previously had a Citizen Modena titanium chronograph that I have worn for the past 6-7 years that I have never had a problem with, so I do not suspect that this watch from a brand like Victorinox will be any different. Thanks Jomashop for the quick and easy transaction, as well as the extremely fast shipping! I highly recommend this timepiece!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice One, June 25, 2012
Matthew Peyton (SOUTH ORANGE, NJ, US) - See all my reviews
I got this watch overseas - Bermuda vacation (Crissons) - Which was more expensive than here by 20% (cost me $505) but 20% less than, say, Bloomingdales at $580. I had wanted to walk in to Crissons and buy a Rolex Sub, or Oyster Datejust - and I had the money to do it sequestered. Having looked at the Rolex line, and heard about why they leverage a 10% increase every year (the Sub was $8000+ and had been 6K just a couple of summers ago) I decided that Rolex has OFFICIALLY jumped the shark. $8,000 is two summers of my kids camp, or a nice family vacation. I couldn't drop the Amex on the counter for that - and honestly I think that the value/price just seems to have decoupled from one another.... Why 8K for a 300M stainless steel watch? Also, the arguments that they will just 'go up' so it's a good investment seemed silly - since no jewelry is every a good investment unless you bought a Daytona in 1966 and didn't wear it.

So - looking around - I spy-ed this lovely watch. It has a very similar, understated look to my dads old Daytona, the Sub, Omega Seamaster, etc - slightly more modern sizing (tad bigger than Daytona) - and etc. Has the requisite chrono/date and double secure band. Sports an ETA movement - seems accurate as hell. Lume is average - not the brightest in my fleet, but decent. Weight is good - been on my wrist two weeks and no major scratches to speak of, i.e. finish seems nice and hard. There is the SLIGHTEST movement of chrono second hand if you tip the watch back and forth - it seems within tolerance, but having said that my Tag doesn't do that... I would have liked a screw down crown for this one too - but I have been snorkeling with it and no issues. The crown has the protector wings like a Sub.... etc. Overall, very happy. It's got that look, it made me very happy on vacation, and I didn't do anything financially that I feel stupid over.

5.0 out of 5 stars classy watch for a man - perfect!, November 20, 2012
Husband bought this watch after looking at 100+ others. He LOVES it! Took him months to decide on the right watch, but he found it. He needed a classy looking watch for work and his line of business - financing, but didn't want one that screamed look at me. This is the perfect watch. He can also wear it on the weekends. He doesn't have big wrists, and this looks great on him -perfect size - still looks manly. Some of the other bulky ones looked too big on his wrists. He is tall, but not big boned. The positive reviews on here were right on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy watch!, January 10, 2013
This is my first chrono, and also my first purchase of a Victorinox Swiss Army watch. I bought it through Amazon, and the watch includes their two year warranty. The watch overall appears to have an excellent finish and detail. The stainless steel watch case and links are polished in certain places, which may not be apparent on the Amazon item photos. This gives the watch a slightly dressier appearance than what I expected, but not too much so. I tested the lume briefly, and brightness appears so-so, but I'll have to get it to charge a bit better to be sure. I was able to set the time and date without any problems. The chrono function is easy to use, and the instructions booklet gives an easy set of instructions on how to use it. My other watches were Hamiltons, which I like, but this watch is definitely the nicest so far. For the money, there are watches out there that offer similar features (Tissot PRC 200) at a similar price point, but for myself, this watch is pretty much what I wanted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch - for the price -, November 7, 2013
Very nice watch - for the price -

Looks good - and very satisfied with it -

Swiss made - and should last a l

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, handsome and an over all great watch., April 1, 2014
Accurate, handsome and a great replacement for a chronograph that I've had since the 60s that recently died. Very happy with my purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb watch, March 18, 2014
I have this model with a blue face. It has become one of my favorite watches to wear. It is aesthetically pleasant, and has the right amount of heft: enough to feel substantial on your wrist, but not so much that you get a workout every time you move your arm. I'm not sure there is a better product available at this price point. I liked it so much I bought another one with a different face color (gray, which provides a nice and unique look). I've also been eyeing the brown face. So, the issue (for me) is how many of their watches I'll purchase, not if I'll purchase other models.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch., October 8, 2013
Very stylish watch, comfortable to wear, keeps great time, love the black face. My first Victorinox watch purchase, goes with any outfit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Woooow, July 31, 2013
Great item with good price, i got it with a great condition and on time as i expected, i will order again from the same brand.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Morning Yesterday I received the watch, September 4, 2014
The seller was Authentic Watch Store