Victorinox Ceramic Utility 4-3/4-Inch Knife
|Price:||$44.50 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$35.50 (44%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Lightweight, 1/2 that of steel
- Durable and extremely sharp
- Blade is resistant to corrosion and acids and does not transfer taste or odor
- Edge proven to last 5 times longer and the blade has 3 times more flexibility
- Sanitary and easy to clean
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
For over 100 years, Victorinox Commercial Cutlery has become the tool of choice for professionals, and the brand continues to innovate with the introduction of the new ceramic blade collection featuring proprietary Fibrox® handles. Ceramic blades have recently gained popularity due to their outstanding edge retention and resistance to corrosion and acids.
Our ceramic blades are manufactured from high-purity zirconium oxide powder, compressed at very high pressures and sintered in furnaces at temperatures over 2700° F. The result is an extremely hard blade that is comparable to the hardness of a diamond. Each knife is then equipped with our classic Victorinox Fibrox handle with signature textured grip, helping reduce the chance of slippage. And with the handle designed to minimize wrist tension while still providing legendary cuts, it’s no wonder that Victorinox Commercial Cutlery remains the true choice of professionals. Ceramic blades are as useable as metal blades. Ceramic knives have several distinguishing features.
- Precision Sharpness: We compress materials at very high pressures resulting in a hard blade which is comparable to diamonds. This hardness allows us to apply an edge with microscopic precision. The edge will maintain its razor sharpness and is resistant to wearing.
- No Odors: Ceramic material is not very porous; it keeps the blade from transferring odors from one food item to another. You can cut something spicy, give it a quick rinse and then cut something else. The spiciness won’t transfer to the next food item.
- Sanitary: Ceramic blades are very dense, with very little pores. Just like your face, the less pores there are, the less dirt and grime can get into the pores. A quick rinse in warm water will get your ceramic knife a lot cleaner than a thorough scrubbing on a metal knife.
- Light Weight: Ceramic material is very light weight; half the weight of steel. The lighter weight means there will be less strain on your arms and shoulders. You can tackle any food preparation task with ease and precision, just like a pro.
- No Rust: Because metal is not used in ceramic knives, they will never rust. This makes them the perfect knives for humid climates where risks of rust are high.
6-Inch Chef's: The most important tool and essential to every cook, a chef‘s knife is most often used in a rocking method to mince, dice, and chop vegetables and herbs. This one is known as the chef’s best friend.
7-Inch Santoku: This knife combines the features of a cleaver with a chef's knife. The curved blade helps the rocking motion used for chopping, and the wide blade works well for scooping sliced food off a cutting board and for crushing garlic. The santoku can also be used to slice meat and has a narrow spine for making thin cuts.
Utility: An all-purpose knife often referred to as a sandwich knife, the utility knife peels and slices fruits and vegetables, and even carves small meats.
Ceramic Sharpener: The Victorinox Diamond knife sharpener with stand is specifically engineered for the care of Victorinox ceramic cutlery. The sharpener panel has diamond particles and the stand on which the knife should be placed sets the blade at the correct angle for sharpening.
The benefits of Fibrox handles
Our Fibrox handles are created with the unique hygienic needs of the home chef. They are designed to minimize wrist tension while providing a secure grip. They are also sanitary and easy to clean. They feature a lifetime warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
How should I care for my ceramic cutlery?
After use, clean ceramic knives with a mild detergent. Dishwashing is not recommended, unless the knife can be guaranteed not to come into contact with any other product. Never clean with a wire brush or hold in an open flame. We recommend the use of a special diamond sharpener like our Victorinox Ceramic Diamond Sharpener. Store your ceramic knives in the supplied protector.
Who is Victorinox?
Although Victorinox is known the world over as the creator of the Original Swiss Army Knife, the company started out in 1884 as a cutlery workshop. By the time company creator Karl Elsener delivered his first pocket knife to the Swiss Army, his cutlery business was already booming. Over the next century, Victorinox cutlery became a top-rated choice among professionals worldwide, with over 300 blades to offer.
Victorinox knives have regularly appeared as highly ranked and recommended kitchen tools in Cook’s Illustrated, Men’s Health, The Cincinnati Enquirer, New York Magazine, and Natural Health, just to name a few. In 2009, the company announced a partnership with professional chef, Daniel Humm, of Eleven Madison Park in New York City. In addition, building on the success of its cutlery business, Victorinox has brought all the same quality and expertise to a wider range of products and accessories, including other kitchen tools, pocket tools, watches, luggage, and clothing.
- Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 1.4 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: B0031CR872
- Item model number: 7.2003.12G
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #143,748 in Kitchen & Dining (See Top 100 in Kitchen & Dining) Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
Top Customer ReviewsBy Luke on September 30, 2013Verified PurchaseComment Sending feedback...This guy gets everything done that the larger Santoku 7in cant. Stays sharp and the handle is great for people with larger or small hands.
However, it is NOT compatible with the "RH Forschner by Victorinox BladeSafe for 4-Inch to 6-Inch Knife Blades" so do not make the mistake I did and buy the two thinking the case will fit over it. This knife flares out just a bit at the heel and makes it so the case wont snap shut.Thank you for your feedback.Report abuseSorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try againBy Kerry Messing on May 15, 2013Verified PurchaseComment Sending feedback...This knife is everything that I was hoping for. Light in weight and came razor sharp it glides through veggies and meat like a knife through hot butter. Best knife I have ever used.Thank you for your feedback.Report abuseSorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try againBy William on September 10, 2011Verified PurchaseComment Sending feedback...This is a very good knife in the kitchen. We have used this around our house for food prep for over a year now and it is still sharp... amazing. Not cheap but worth the $$$. Light weight, in a good way, and fits the hand well. This is a good buy in my opinion. No problems or issues to report.Thank you for your feedback.Report abuseSorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try againBy Old NFO on May 18, 2013Verified PurchaseComment Sending feedback...Outstanding utility knife, stays sharp and does not pick up odors. Excellent for cutting anything that doesn't have a bone in it. Highly recommended!Thank you for your feedback.Report abuseSorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the best knife I've ever owned! It cuts through anything with ease. It's my go-to knife for most chopping jobs.Published 15 days ago by Jennifer
Excellent knife. Be sure to not sharpen it with a steel blade sharpener. You will have to buy another one.Published 8 months ago by Beau Dingler
Its cuts is perfect for a a coker needs, ecery cut is a great experience. it is amazing, I totally recomend itPublished 21 months ago by Daniel C.
Set up an Amazon GiveawayAmazon Giveaway allows you to run promotional giveaways in order to create buzz, reward your audience, and attract new followers and customers. Learn more
This item: Victorinox Ceramic Utility 4-3/4-Inch Knife
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also ViewedPage 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1