Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Victorinox Swiss Army Classic Knife, 58mm, Stayglow
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 26, 2013
I've given several Victorinox Classic SD knives as gifts. Other than my first Vic (the Huntsman) which I bought at a department store, I buy all my Vic Swiss army knives from this seller (Swiss Knife Shop). I bought THIS knife through Amazon because I didn't want any engraving on it and I was bundling my order with other things. Most often I buy my Victorinox knives directly from the seller because if you buy directly from their website (not here on Amazon) you can get engraving on the knife--and they always offer free shipping. Besides the Victorinox quality, the engraving is what makes them such great gits. For example, I've given these Classic SD knives to my soldiers (with last name engraved) when one would surpass all his platoon-mates in certain skills tests. I've never given one as a gift and seen disappointment on the recipient's face. I give these to friends and family too.

I bought this Classic SD with Stayglow scales as part of a (Altoids-type) survival tin I'm assembling. I chose this knife for my survival tin primarily because it's the perfect size to fit in one end of a Sucrets tin and it will glow in the dark after exposure to light for awhile. While not very large, it has several tools that will be useful to get things started in a survival scenario (beyond the obvious blade). In the unlikely event that I (or someone using one of my kits) gets separated from their other knives, if I (they) still have this kit, there is at least ONE knife still available.

I've used the nail file on these Vic Classic SDs to strike sparks from a fire steel and it works just great! I've also used the edge of the nail file to scrape off magnesium shavings from a Doan Magnesium Fire Starter Tool and it works great at that job too!--Notice I used the nail file for those tasks and not the blade; save the sharp blade for things that require a sharp blade. Tweezers and scissors to help with threading and tying fishing line or threading a needle for sewing. You just have to use your imagination and improvise. While it's not going to the best choice for a pry bar, there are hundreds of uses you can get out of this little pocket knife. All the tools have uses and are well designed. In my opinion, anyone who doesn't see the toothpick as worthwhile simply lacks imagination. Either that or they've never been in a situation that required them to use next to nothing to change their circumstances and get out of the bad situation. The value of this little tool is limited mostly by your own imagination.

The Victorinox knives with the celluloid scales (e.g. the traditional red ones) have the Victorinox shield embedded and made of stainless steel. On these Stayglow knives, the shield is PAINTED on the scale with red and white paints. Personally, that doesn't detract from the value or attractiveness of the tool to me.

I'm very pleased with the quality of this Victorinox knife (and this seller) and I'll be ordering more of these.
on November 2, 2010
Got this knife for my daughter who is always needing a pair of scissors or tweezers and she loves mine. The plus side of this knife is it glows so it's easy to find in the bottom of your purse or if you should drop it on the ground. Very handy!
on August 23, 2010
I have always carried one of these small swiss army knives in my purse. The nail file, knife, and scissors are always coming in handy and the tweezers are really great for splinters and the occasional stray hair. I bought this one for my daughter as it glows in the dark and she tends to misplace things or have a hard time finding things in her purse. This one is absolutely perfect for her!!!! She loves her knife as much as I love mine. It is a wonderful product that lives up to the Swiss Army reputation. I highly reccomend this little gem for any woman to carry on her key chain!
on September 7, 2015
I love these things. I ended up getting three of them and gave them to my friends. I leave one next to my glasses at night on the nightstand so I can always find my glasses in the dark. They glow (no Cherenkov) for a long time.
on April 2, 2015
I collect Victorinox Swiss Army knives, and keep one in all my fanny packs, back packs and purses. As an avid hiker and traveler, I have had to make use of my Swiss Army knives more than once. Just make sure you put it in your check-in suitcase when you travel otherwise it will be confiscated by the airline security staff. This one is great as it glows in the dark, and makes it easy to find. Victorinox makes the high quality products.
on January 18, 2016
What an awesome color and especially on a Swiss Army Knife. I am not going to bore you the contents of the knife as we all know what's there. However I will say this, everything works well, it feels very solid for its size and the color is absolutely perfect! Oh yea, you can actually find your keys in the dark due to the glowing case on this knife. Time will tell as far as its lifespan or durability but for now this easily gets a 5 star rating!!!! Totally happy to have bought two of these as gifts.

Now I really wiah I had one for myself :)
on January 25, 2016
This little knife should be in everyones pocket. Not sure why people are giving less than 5 stars on a review of an item that is and has been around for many years, "it's too small", "not sure why the scissors" what are you even talking about? It helps when you actually read the description BEFORE you buy something then, give a bad review because of your inability to understand words and numbers. I have given this to everyone in my family at least twice as a gift, if they lose it, they seem to know exactly where to come for a new one. Never a question with Victorinox Swiss Army, it is the standard for quality. It is a small knife that come in very handy and you don't even know you've got it in your pocket. pluse the tweezers are actually better than the expensive tweezers that seem to lose the ability to grab what you need grabbed, after time.
on January 2, 2016
Decent little knife, very lightweight and small. Actually an acceptable size for a keychain, which is nice. Manages to be extremely light without feeling too cheap, which is a nice surprise. The tools seem reasonably sturdy, for this size/price, anyway. Can't figure out what people are using the little scissors for, but they keep on including them. Not the same quality feel that I used to associate with the Swiss Army line, but I certainly didn't expect it at this price point.
on February 21, 2014
I carry one of these in my purse all the time - it's even snuck onto a couple of flights. Comes in super handy for small jobs - especially the little scissors. Very well made and tough. Highly recommended.
on December 14, 2010
This knife is awesome for backpacking as it carries the bare essentials and nothing else at a tiny 1 ounce weight penalty. I have it on my keychain also and use it nearly daily for little things.

This was my second knife as the TSA stole my first one. Who knows, I totally could have done serious damage with the tiny knife and nail file! And I recoil in horror when I think of the damage the scissors could have done.

My only beef with this knife is that I lost the toothpick. Probably was my fault but just keep an eye on yours just in case.