Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Victorinox Cutlery 6-Inch Semi-Stiff Boning Knife, Black Fibrox Handle
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: silver/black|Change

on December 1, 2008
I've had this knife in my block for a while now, and I'm still impressed.

For a cheap knife, the stamped blade performs very well. The edge is razor sharp from the factory, and stays that way with minimal effort. Treat this knife well and you will be very happy.

That said, before you buy, give some thought to whether you want a straight or curved blade. Victorinox makes a similar knife with a straight blade, which may be preferable depending upon style.

Don't be put off by the lack of flashy "Three Rivet" styling. This knife is all business.
on March 22, 2008
I am a meat cutter by trade. I needed this knife for work and found a respectable price at Amazon. I ordered it along with a Forschner 40533 8" butcher knife. Both arrived well packed and razor sharp within about 4 days. I would buy from this seller again.
on July 31, 2011
I was a meat cutter for 15 years until 1993. I only cut an occassional item around the house now, but I found myself in need of a new boning knife and took a chance on this one. I had always used Case knives when I worked at the store, but this is a great knock-off at a third the price. The blade is just the right stiffness and the handle is made from the same material Case used all those years. I really can't tell the differnce between this and a case. I consider this to be a very good deal.
on July 24, 2008
I'm very happy with this knife. It's super sharp and does an excellent job. The other knives in my kitchen are mostly J.A. Henckels, I'd always been kind of a snob about them -- If not Henckels, then why bother? This knife proved me wrong.
The only thing that took a bit of getting used to was its weight. It's a very light knife. I wouldn't call it a con, it was just different from my experience in kitchen knives.
A great knife at a great price.
on April 19, 2012
This is a great knife for the price, and Prime shipping helps out too! The edge is very sharp, and the semi stiff nature of it helps out a lot while processing game animals. Was very easy to re-sharpen, and holds an edge well. Handle stays grippy even when wet.
on November 23, 2015
I just got this knife a few days ago and was able to use it this weekend to trim a brisket. This blade was sharp and flexible. I had my 13 lb. packer trimmed up nicely within a few minutes. This knife also did a great job slicing the brisket. I was easily able to cut the slices less than an 1/8" thick. I am glad I got this knife. Now I need to buy the protector for it.
on March 13, 2014
For butchering purposes, you want a really sharp knife; if you saw back and forth your meat will turn brown faster. So far I've used this to cut up a whole hog for BBQ and sausage making. It comes really sharp from the factory. I haven't needed to sharpen yet.
on September 9, 2013
Bought this to trim briskets, and I wouldn't use another knife ever again. I was able to trim the brisket flawlessly and it ended up beautiful.
on January 1, 2016
I just used this knife for the first time to trim some skirt steak. Wow, it was awesome! With its very sharp edge it shaved the fat off the meat with ease. Heck, I might even try to shave the stubble off my face with this thing (joking...do not try at home). Will be extremely happy with this purchase if this knife keeps its edge.
on March 26, 2015
Bought it based on reviews and its a decent knife for the price. Used it straight away to deal with trimming some pork and I'd have to say its just ok out of the box. Not upset I bought it but glad it didn't cost more. I have an older set of Henckels that I have been using for years but wanted something more "specialized" for prepping my smoker meats. I'll sharpen it and see if that helps but over it's decent just not OMG!