Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Victorinox Fibrox 8-Inch Chef's Knife 40520, 47520, 45520, 5.2063.20
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 8, 2013
I bought this for my son for Christmas. It was the one he wanted as he is starting to cook more and wanted a good chef's knife. He has used it every day since he got and loves it. It comes in handy for so many things in the kitchen. He is now asking for more of them. Great gift!
on June 16, 2010
I, too, bought this knife because it was recommened by America's Test Kitchen. It is the best knife I have owned. I just had my Henckles knives sharpened and this knife is sharper. The weight is just right and the larger blade glides through even the toughest veggie. I will buy more of this brand.
on August 29, 2013
Sharp as could be! All the other reviews that rate this product highly are right. The rosewood handle provides a nice option for people who are looking for something other than the black plastic handle. Either way, this knife holds its edge and is wicked shaarp.
on December 15, 2007
Excellent knife for the price--it can't be beat for its value. $20 knives are usually garbage but this one rivals the more expensive brand names. Bought it for a friend and finely diced scallions and it was effortless. The handle is big so it's good for someone with big hands. The blade is long and big as well.
on October 8, 2011
I am a Shun knife user. My day to day kitchen chores get dome with either a 6 inch chef or a 6 inch santoku. But, I read a review about this inexpensive knife in a magazine, and had to try it out. It's pretty great actually. It slices clean through hard or soft stuff, anf it controls well. My only complaint is that it is awfully light in the hand. I like a little heft to do some of the work for me. It is solid though. Great for a new cook or someone who is moving out of the house. Also great for a grill set or camping set. If it gets lost of damaged, just buy a new one it's not like it costs $200 bucks or anything!
on January 18, 2011
First read about this knife in an interview with a local chef (Razz Kamnitzer). It's his knife of choice and because it's so cheap he doesn't even bother sharpening it - he just gets a new one. $30, super sharp and great balance - can't beat it. I would say it's as sharp as my Kyocera ceramic blade.
on June 14, 2008
I read a review in Cooks Illustrated and purchased this knife. I have to say its my favorite knife. I love it. I am going to purchase two more for Christmas presents to some good cooks that I know. Its a great size, easy to hold, keeps sharp for a long time. A good steel brings back the edge.
on November 5, 2014
I am a stay-at-home mom/wife and student, I looove cooking in my free time but am still mastering my skills and stocking my kitchen full of the best tools. I've had this knife for about a week now, it's so sharp compared to what I've had that I touched my knuckle with it and accidentally cut myself. I just cut slices through a huge potato with no effort whatsoever, I am extremely impressive. My husband has a nifty knife sharpener we use on his pocket knives, so I'll have to test that if this ever dulls. So for so good! Great value as well.
on January 1, 2015
I have been using this knife almost daily for over six months now, and am very pleased. Having worked previously with high end knifes, in a professional capacity, I feel this is a great deal. Good balance, grip, and holds an edge well.
on December 23, 2011
I cook quite a bit and bought this knife after seeing the product review on America's Test Kitchen (all the products I've bought recommended by them, many of them from Amazon, have been top notch). I loved it so much I bought a second one for my grandmother who cooks a lot herself.

PROS: What can I say other than I LOVE THIS KNIFE! It is extremely sharp so be careful (I cut myself shortly after I first got it). I've also had the knife for 6 months and it is still razor sharp! The handle is large and comfortable. It's easy to wash and dries up looking like new. (I would recommend washing and drying by hand immediately after use to keep sharp and rust/water spot free.) This knife is better than my Cuisinart knives.

CONS: Not much but if you're picky...when slicing fruit or veg, they do stick to the knife and sort of build up and topple over on the side of the knife (as opposed to a santoku knife that has grooves in it to avoid sticking). But this is a chef's knife people...if you're using it for fruit or veg mostly, buy a santoku!

Bottom line, FANTASTIC KNIFE! Can't beat the price. Definitely recommend.