5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect.
I was surprised to find less than stellar reviews for this watch. I had previously reviewed this item in a slightly different model, though this is the same kind that I currently own. Aesthetically, I find it to be perfectly designed. It's fairly simple, isn't too flashy and yet looks very elegant.

I've had this watch for a few of years now, and it holds up...
Published on April 30, 2009 by Brian Lange.

3.0 out of 5 stars They don't make them like they used to...
Published on October 7, 2005 by N. LeBlond

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., April 30, 2009

I've had this watch for a few of years now, and it holds up to the test. There is such a thing as actually taking care of the stuff you own. I mean, I wear this everyday and I'm not any kind of construction worker or anything, but what kinds of things do you have to do in order to screw up a watch? Take it off when you shower, don't use it as a door stop, and playing catch with it is probably not a good idea.

Over time, a few scuffs have appeared and a slight scratch on the watch face, but they're just a sign of use. Nothing is taken away aesthetically... and yes, I still am using the original leather strap that came with it, the second strap loop is still in place, and I have never had to take it into the shop and never had a single issue with it.

I give this watch my complete endorsement. Don't buy a butt-ugly Fossil watch, you'll be a million times happier by having purchased this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged and handsome!, January 25, 2008
There isn't much to this watch but I find it very handsome. It can be casual yet looks good with a suit, too. I have worn it daily for about 4 years now. I have replaced the band once but not because it broke. I also sent it back to Swiss Army to have the battery changed. I love this watch and plan to wear it as long as it continues to work.

3.0 out of 5 stars They don't make them like they used to..., October 7, 2005
I bought this watch last year to replace another Swiss Army watch that I had since 1987. I was very pleased with my original watch and it always amazed me that the glass (or crystal actually) never got a scratch even after nearly 18 years of use. My new watch however now has deep scratches after only a year of use... It's a nice watch, but I'm disappointed with the poor quality of the crystal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Watch, August 4, 2012
John Galt (St. Louis, Missouri USA) - See all my reviews
This watch is everything I expected it would be. It's the real deal, a Victorinox, which I consider the "authentic" Swiss Army watch. I had a Wenger before, and there's no comparison. The quality is fantastic. It is not a small watch, but I have thin wrists and it fits me perfectly. The dial is extremely easy to read. I am extremely pleased and highly recommend this watch. You will not be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared for additional expenses on this one!, April 11, 2009
I have gone through 2 leather bands in 3 years. The watch currently is sitting on my kitchen counter - requiring a THIRD replacement.

The watch itself is simple and elegant. No problems with time. It's almost perfect except for the problem with leather band replacement and the associated costs.

Note; the leather watch band has two loops and the loose one is guaranteed to come off with normal wear and tear in the first 6 months (IMHO).

The band itself seems good for 1.5 years based on my normal wear and tear experience. Give or take.

As for replacement leather bands' direct from manufacturer. BE PREPARED for the cost. It seems unreasonable to me.

In April - they seem to be putting out another model of this same watch with a "rubber band". That almost sounds like a joke; but I can assure you its' not - it's actually rubber!

You ask me; Swiss should be replacing my leather band and spending more money on the quality of their bands. The watch itself; perfect!

~tb

5.0 out of 5 stars victorinox swiss army watch, June 2, 2012
I chose this watch as a gift for my eldest son's college graduation. He is a watch collector and has some lovely pieces, but had expressed interest in this one for a more casual look. I researched it and all reviews were quite positive. I need to add to the trend, this watch is handsome, I am told it is quite comfortable, it is so easy to read with its clear face and the crystal has prevented damage to the face with my son's hobbies. This is a great item!

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid Mr. Watch, November 10, 2010
The seller, Mr. Watch, sent me a broken watch and then stiffed me on the return because of a technicality on their return policy. Don't buy from Mr. Watch, unless you want a shiny, $200 paper-weight.

1.0 out of 5 stars probably a fake/counterfeit watch, February 12, 2014
I have owned a few Swiss Army watches over the years, all have served me well with the exception of this watch I ordered. I will never order thru Amazon again. When I opened the box, the contents were not neatly organized, almost as if the watch had been ordered and returned or packaged carelessly. The watch looked like a fake, I sent a photo I took of the back case to the contact information I found on the Swiss Army website, they stated they could not confirm if the watch was a fake. The watch has since stopped working properly, the second hand jumps 5 seconds at a time, very weird right?! And the back case has corroded as if it is made of a plated cheap carbon steel. Wow! my first sense was the watch was a fake, and 2 years later I cannot return it, I have hardly worn it and it is worthless!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible All around, June 9, 2013
This review is from: Infantry Watch (Misc.)
Terrible Product, Terrible Customer Service
I recieved my product in the mail and tried it on for the first time and the rubber band tore. It said it was water proof and i ran it across an open faucet briefly and it got water inside the plate. I wrote to customer service to send a replacement twice before they would even respond. They say they have an apparent 30 day warranty. When they finally got back to me, they told me to take a picture of the broken watch and send it to a seperate email. Twice again I try to get in contact with them and they claim to have sent a replacement. It has been 18 days and nothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, October 15, 2010
This is a perfect watch and looks great. The price was very good on Amazon compared to retail and the watch will last a long time.

Infantry Watch