Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 26, 2009
As a retired professional chef who cut his teeth on classicly forged Sabatiers,bringing a German stamped blade (even finished by the genuine Swiss Army Knife craftsman) didn't seem like an option. However, having married a Swiss Miss, how could I refuse the gift of a Forschner blade?

I was amazed! Granted it did not have the heft of a forged blade... but that turned out to be a welcomed advantage. I knew that European restaurants and Cooks Illustrated buy Forischer in quantity... but I was brain washed to believing that was more for economy than quality. Not so!

Handling a 12" slicer is an easily acquired art... and a boon to anyone who desires to section a 12" pizza in a way that will have you toss your wheeled pizza cutter! While at first the size of this knife makes me think of the first time I got behind the wheel of a large motor home... it soon takes its user friendly place on your (recommended) magnetic knife rack.

From fantastic flank steak to robust roasts, this is the knife of choice!
on July 20, 2013
Got this knife for my father who wanted a better knife for slicing meat. He is thrilled, it sliced through pork loin beautifully. I can't wait to try it on roasts. It cleaned easily and seems to remain sharp. Very happy.
on April 24, 2016
I received product on the date as promised (thank you Amazon). I unpacked the knife, washed it and got my first impressions: too long and handle not of good quality. Then I noticed that it was well balanced, the handle (which has a mild rough surface), provides excellent grip even when wet, and the blade was a little more flexible that my other knives. Now for the testing. I thinly sliced (and I do mean THIN) a lime, orange, onion, carrot (yes, I went this crazy), and then moved on to ham and salami. This knife is in a word, incredible. Very little force was needed to slice any fruits or veggies as mentioned. A little more force needed for ham and salami, depending on how thin you want the slices. As for length, 12 inches may seem to long for a knife, but it gives you the feel of stability when slicing. Knife is stainless steel and obviously quick to clean up. Caution: knife is very sharp and will probably remain very sharp for some time. I should have bought this knife years ago. As for price, I initially thought it to be a bit high. Wrong! You get what you pay for and in this case, this knife is worth it and then some. I have no CONS for this item and highly recommend it to anyone needing a very high quality slicing knife.
on September 11, 2015
The Victorinox knives are always of very good quality and reasonably priced. This knife is perfect for thin (or thick) slices of beef (my primary use for it is brisket) and turkey breast - really any boneless cut of meat of medium to large size. It is probably too wide to be a successful replacement for a salmon slicer of similar length. The Fibrox handle provides an excellent non-slip grip and it holds its edge very well. The only thing preventing a 5 star rating is a nit pick - the bolster projects a tiny bit below the edge of the blade preventing complete contact between the full blade and the cutting board. While in actual use this is not a major issue, it is the only thing holding back perfection.
on January 15, 2009
VERY sharp - I would recommend an edge guard or knife block for this one.
length makes it able to cut through anything...Bought it on Cooks Illustrated recommendation - of course they are never wrong!
on November 27, 2013
Second Fibrox knife I have bought and I love it. I also have a Fibrox chef's knife and it's my go-to knife for 90% of everything I do. I bought this one because for a nice long slice the chef's knife just isn't long enough. The Fibrox handle is very very non slip but cleans up in a snap. Terrific knife.
on May 17, 2013
Slices roasts, salmon, Ahi Tuna ...well everything actually like a dream .. you can get beautiful thin slices ...in fact I was searching for a chef's knife today ...same brand ... my favorite knife by far. My Wusthof and Henkle knives don't hold a candle to this one.
on April 13, 2016
I've wanted a professional, dedicated slicing knife for my culinary tool kit. This one is marvelous. It's beautiful, with a fine blade and practical black plastic handle. The handle feels great - not cheap plastic - and has a good grip to it. The blase is well formed, flexible and has the Victorinox stamp on it (Victorinox actually started making knives before watche and I have an amazing Victorinox watch).
This knife will slice meats and fish very, very thin. The scallops on the blade are just the right size and indentation. The knife comes well-sharpened. I was a professional chef and want high-caliber tools. This knife is everything I wanted and hoped to have. I'll end up passing it to my son for him to enjoy as a family heirloom.
on March 13, 2010
I just got this knife and so far it is great. I like the weight balance and size of the knife. It makes carving very easy. Also the blade is extremely sharp. I looked into this because the show "American Test Kitchen" recommended it for functionality and price.
on December 5, 2015
It's not just a sales pitch; this knife is truly everything that it is purported to be: razor sharp with an edge grind familiar with the cutting of meat, trustworthy grip even with a greasy hold & finally, rigid no-flex spine even when the full length of the knife is used. Dollars spent v quality makes this knife an invaluable tool in our kitchen. Definitely would spend a couple of extra bucks for the blade guard especially if you flat store it like we do.