Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 41 questions
votes
Yes, I'd be happy to answer your question. I work for Victorinox Swiss Army. The second digit in an item # refers to the type of packaging on the knife. So the base number for the 8" Chef's Knife USED to be 40520. This has changed recently to reflect the Swiss Item #5.2063.20 printed on the blade. This item number is usually on each knife regardless of the packaging. If there is a 7 as the second digit in the item number which is what we sell on amazon, then that means it comes in retail packaging also known as a clam shell pack. If there is a 5 in the second digit, the knife will arrive in an easy to open brown corrugated box also known as "frustration free packaging". Cook's Illustrated purchased the clam shell packaged version of the knife, but it is the same as the 45520. I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks for being our customer!
Oct 17, 2013 by Tracey
vote
I think both Classic and "Fibrox" (40520) handles are made of the slightly "rough" Fibrox material. The handle shape is different; the Classic turns down at the end. The "Fibrox" has a straighter handle with a pinky hook at the end.
Dec 17, 2013 by Anonymous
vote
There are no nodules on my knife. I was a chef for many years and had many knives, none that had nodules. This has never been an issue to me. This knife isn't my favorite knife but I find I use it often. I like the length and width and, I believe, the thin blade helps keep food from sticking.
Dec 9, 2013 by Blair Skinner
vote
how to sharpen Nov 26, 2013
We purchased a good sharpener from Amazon a while ago here is the link for it...http://www.amazon.com/Fortune-Products-Inc-AccuSharp-Sharpener/dp/B00004VWKQ/ref=pd_bxgy_k_img_z
Nov 26, 2013 by chadspence
vote
The handle on this knife seems to be uniform on both sides and not molded for one hand preference over the other.
Feb 27, 2013 by Michael
vote
They have different handles. Cook's Illustrated recommends the Fibrox (47520) over the Swiss Classic
Nov 5, 2014 by Diana P.
vote
The Fibrox knives do not have a full tang. The forged knives do. Having said that, the Fibrox knives are work horses. The blades are heavy, and can stand up to a busy kitchen w/folks who may not yet have developed more practiced knife skills. I still use mine, after almost 20 years. The grip is just as solid as when I bought the knife.
Dec 31, 2013 by Quirky
votes
Yes, its a good all-around knife, but it's a hard steel & you need a electric sharpener or be VERY GOOD at sharpening by hand.
Dec 2, 2013 by John Hutchison
votes
i have a chicago knife and i would say it is probably the same thickness.
Oct 6, 2013 by bill
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers