Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Victorinox Swiss Army Men's 241291 Infantry Stainless Steel Watch
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 25, 2012
The typical VSA watches deliver good quality with functional design, reliability, HOWEVER this one is an exception. If I had expected more bell and whistles, I could look elsewhere.

[update 2013-3-31] day wheel failed to rotate for 2 weeks, later date wheel failed to rotate, finally manual rotate cannot work. It is not a high-tech caliber inside, this day-date design is useless. I should have got a Citizen at 1/5 price last Aug.

[old review]
The uncluttered watch dial, grey-olive green color is cool; in addition, the day-date function is what I prefer. Overall case and bracelet quality is rather good, but no half link for perfect adjustment. If VSA could upgrade bracelet split-pins to screw bars, that would be perfect, well I cannot complain at this price range.

The quartz caliber used in VSA watches seems better quality as per my experience with 4 SA watches in 16 years, this one is ETA 955.132 (from VSA official blog). After 3 weeks, the quartz deviation is none. [update 2013/2/25: deviation is total +3 after PST cancel in Nov/12]

The luminous painting is weak, after 2-3 hours, completely invisible, make the "infantry" design meaningless. Another drawback is 23mm lug size, I can hardly find suitable after-market strap to match super huge dial.
on December 27, 2008
I got this for Christmas. The olive colored dial is nicely muted, so sometimes it looks black, sometimes it looks gray, and sometimes it looks olive, depending on the light. The size is perfect for me, but note that there is a similar model without the day of the week feature that is a few millimeters smaller. Also, be aware that the watch is stainless steel, and pretty weighty. It's almost completely silent - if I hold it up to my ear, I can just barely hear it.
on February 20, 2013
I jumped on this one because the price was right. I initially thought the plain watch face was too simple, but being understated turned out to be one of its strong points. Suffice to say, it an awesome watch that goes well with just about everything but a tux. I've had this watch since Nov 2012 and not one single scratch on the crystal. I'm pretty darn hard on my watches since I'm left handed and wear the watch on my left wrist. I do love the day of the week feature, big plus on this Infantry model.

****update 5/14/2014****

So now, I've had this watch for sometime.

I switched the metal watch band for a leather one. The original metal watch band worked just fine, no issues. I just found it a bit on the heavy side for personal preferance.

The crystal remains scratch-free. The watch movement is still right on the money. So far no need to have the battery replaced. No issues.

I still appreciate the date and day of the week features.

If you can find one in stock, buy it at a reasonable price (around low $200's).
on January 1, 2016
Fantastic watch! This was a Christmas present for my wife and she absolutely loves it. By the time we had about half of the links in the stainless steel band taken out to fit her the watch is still substantial, but not too heavy for her.
on December 23, 2012
Good quality watch. I like the unusual green colour that shifts depending on the light. Clean design with a big and uncluttered dial.
on May 25, 2009
Good looking watch, particularly the unusual military green dial. And, like the day and date feature. The watch is heavy and the pins that hold on the bracelet are loose, thus there's a danger that the bracelet is going to come apart, which mine did once. I like the alternative between a metal bracelet and a leather band and it appears that this watch does not allow that to happen.
on November 25, 2015
Great Watch and a very good price.
on May 11, 2014
Great time piece! Highly recommend! Great price, just as the pictured showed. Goes well with just about anything. Authentic looking piece!
on March 24, 2016
This is my second Swiss Army watch and I am extremely satisfied with it.
on May 11, 2016
Very good. It is a fancy watch indeed.