Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Victorinox Swiss Army Tinker Boy Scout Pocket Knife (Red)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Color: Red|Size: OS|Change
Price:$25.47+ Free shipping

on February 26, 2009
I purchased 10 of these for my Cub Scout Bear Den. The boys love them and we used them as part of their whittling chip advancement. These come highly recommended from the scouts and parents in our group.
on March 17, 2008
I got this as a gift for a friend who is an Eagle Scout and had a similar knife confiscated by TSA. This knife was a perfect replacement and he could not have been happier. He had been looking for a replacement and found the Victorinox Tinker nearly always comes with a cork screw. This has a philips screw driver, which is much more functional when camping, hiking and living life. Makes a great gift for yourself or a boy scout in your life.
on April 15, 2015
Unlike many Swiss Army knives, the tinker has a Phillips head screwdriver, instead of a corkscrew. Boy scouts don't need corkscrews, they need Phillips head screwdrivers. It also has large and small flathead screwdrivers and yes you can open a can of tunafish with it. The blades are also the appropriate size to use on scout campouts. I always take my Swiss Army Tinker and have no problems with loaning to scouts who need to use a knife. There are plenty of knife options these days of assisted opening blades and lockback blades that young scouts have no business using. The tweezers also come in handy removing splinters and thorns from scout fingers. If you are looking for a knife for your scout, this is probably the best choice.
on November 22, 2008
Of all the Victorinox Swiss Army knives I've owned in my life this is definately my favorite. It has nearly all the options you could need in a nice compact design. All the multi-tool options are useful. Two blades, phillips and regular screwdriver heads, can opener, bottle opener, awl, wire stripper, tweezers, and toothpick. And no corkscrew. I'm glad that space-waster is starting to become more scarce. I like the black handle (a nice change from the standard red) and I especially like the Boy Scout logo.
I just bought one for my 10 year old Webelos Scout, his first knife and he absolutely loves it. Careful buying this for the youngsters because like most multi-tool knives it doesn't have a locking blade (I wish someone would develop a knife like that locked, I can't imagine that being too hard to design).
This is such a useful tool. Keep it in your pocket and I guarantee you'll use it everyday. Very handy and highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon July 19, 2011
My son just became a Boy Scout a few months ago, and one of his first tasks was to earn his Totin Chip, which gives him the privilege of carrying and using a pocket knife and other sharp instruments (axes, hatchets, etc,) while camping. Having earned the Totin Chip in due order, I was eager to find him his first pocket knife, preferably with a Boy Scout logo, and of the Swiss Army variety. This knife suited all those purposes well. It has a basic range of tools - everything that a new scout will need for a while in any case. It looks great, and is well built. We gave the knife to him for his birthday, just before summer camp, and he was absolutely thrilled! Highly recommended!
on July 11, 2013
I have had the non BSA logo version of this (the Tinker) for years and when it was time for my son to get a knife for Boy Scouts it was an easy choice.

I mentioned that I have had a Tinker for years and I am not kidding, I got my in the mid 90s and have used it almost every day and it has held up very well. You will not be disappointed in this knife. The only improvement I would suggest it for them to make it lockable. Other than that you will love it.
on September 1, 2014
Purchased this knife looking for a modern version of my old Imperial scout knife which I don't want to risk carrying any more - too many good memories to risk losing it somewhere. Victorinox covered all the original bases and added a few extras along the way. Excellent quality, functional design and a Phillips screwdriver to compliment the flat tip. Couldn't be happier - my everyday working knife.
on February 13, 2014
This is a nice, full-sized (not mini) pocket knife with a low profile - not extremely thick. If you are looking for the basics, two blades, three screwdriver heads, two can/bottle openers, etc., then this is your knife. Also comes with tweezers and small pick. Very durable metal construction, too. Mine is in black and I am very satisfied with this purchase.
on January 5, 2014
My only complaint is that the boyscout image has been redone from the original knife I carried for the last 25 years. This is an excellent knife and very well made. I do not drink so the fact that it doesn't have a cork screw and instead has the philips srew driver is a huge plus to me. I would buy another if needed in a heartbeat.
on December 16, 2014
Always losing them at the airport but I can't seem to live without it. This is my seventh one and I can always find a way to use it. The screwdriver is the thing I use most and seems to work everywhere.