Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

Size: large|Color: Green|Change
Price:$26.99+ Free shipping

on January 24, 2008
Add me to the long list of people who loved this chopper until the hinge snaps. Yeah you need to give it a good bit of pressure but the results are fantastic - especially if (like me) you cry when chopping onions. Now I'm crying because my new toy is broken.

Hey - an idea for the manufacturer... how bout making a metal frame that's designed to take the pressure on the hinge. I'd gladly pay 5 times the price for a more reliable version of this.

Bummer. :-(
review image
2929 comments|419 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 1, 2007
I'm always skeptical about these As Seen on TV products, but since I'm all thumbs in the kitchen, I thought I'd have nothing to lose with trying this one. Lo' and behold, it is by far THE SINGLE MOST USEFUL ITEM in my kitchen next to the microwave! I use it many times a day, for dicing fruit for the kids, to making fresh salads and preparing mashed potatoes. There is nothing easier since you simply place the fruit or veggie on the blade, close the top firmly yet easily, and presto -- you've just perfectly diced! The instructions recommend cutting larger pieces in half or quarters and this helps especially with potatoes. There are two different dicing blades which allow for the real small cubes like onions for egg salad, and the larger pieces great for fruit salads. I especially love the quick pop in and out blade panels, easy to rinse and store. There is a small plastic picker to get the crud out from the blades while rinsing, and this came in handy when I diced apples with skins. The base has rubber stoppers so the unit sits firmly on your counter with no clumsy sliding around. I love this product so much I plan to buy one for all the cooks in my family to make their job in the kitchen much easier. A+ all the way. Get one!
22 comments|350 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2015
It broke just after 2 time use. Blades completely came out at second time of use.
review image
11 comment|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2006
I did a lot of research before I bought this item and let me tell you its one of the best TV items I have ever purchased. It chops almost EXACTALY like you see it on TV. One swift (but firm) motion and POW you have diced whatever. Its SO easy in fact that the first day I got it my room mate and I chopped just about everything in our fridge in about 20 minutes. Onions, celery, carrots, peppers, even some chicken breast. Whatever looked like it could be diced. The ONLY thing I had trouble with was soft bread. Everything else was like a chopping factory. Bought one for my sister for Christmas even. FAR more sturdy then I expected. Great and easy design and each blade is nice to have. I use it a lot and I love it every time.
11 comment|237 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is just the device for quickly chopping or dicing veggies such a tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions. Remember to slice to the depth desired first before chopping.
on April 28, 2015
This thing is a piece of junk. I've had it for three months and only used it occasionally, but it broke during normal use today. One of the blade pieces just popped off. I should have returned it when I first got it because the item I actually received does not have the Vidalia Chop Wizard name on it anywhere. (see photos) I thought maybe they just changed the look, but now I suspect otherwise. I think they filled the order with a cheaper, junkier version.
review image review image review image review image
on March 13, 2007
It will chop onion, carrots, celery, tomatoes, anything that is firm. It makes the best fresh salsa. Having the two different sized blades makes it even better. This is not just anyother ripoff it really works.
22 comments|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2013
I own this chopper and I purchased this for my niece so she can speed up the food preparation process. I LOVE my Vidalia chopper and appreciate the steps it saves me. I am very careful to not break it. We use onions as the base for almost all our pot dishes from chicken curry to beef stew. Simply peel the onions, cut off the bottom ends, then slice a medium onion into 3-horizontal thick slices and a large into maybe 4 slices. Each chunk chops easily and the results lands in the bottom. I have used to chop baby carrots, onions and potatoes through the large hole chopper. Garlic goes into the small one. My chopped vegetable salads with fresh Bermuda onions, firm tomatoes, radishes, cucumbers, celery all are done in no time flat. Such an easy process, I prepare onions and peppers, then save in a zip-lock bag for the next day's breakfast Potatoes O'Brien.
review image review image
0Comment|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2013
I don't know how Amazon lets the seller sell this item as the Vidalia Chop Wizard when it really arrives as another product called the Kitchen Pro Dicer. It is not made as well as the Vidalia Chop Wizard. Unfortunately I bought this as a Christmas present for someone (who had seen the real Vidalia Chop Wizard) and I was appalled and embarrassed that it was not the real Vidalia Chop Wizard but a cheaply made product instead. This seller should be put out of business for being so deceptive. Don't buy it!
on December 9, 2006
This item is not the flimsy, breakable item you saw in stores back in the 80's.

WHAM, and you're done!

I can now chop a whole bag of onions in two minutes, takes WAY longer to peel them than to chop 'em!

Cleans up quick, with the little "finger tool' they provide!

A product you WON'T be sorry you bought!

trsgirl Cleveland, OH
11 comment|176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse