1,676 Reviews
 (1,137)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kitchen Helper
I'm always skeptical about these As Seen on TV products, but since I'm all thumbs in the kitchen, I thought I'd have nothing to lose with trying this one. Lo' and behold, it is by far THE SINGLE MOST USEFUL ITEM in my kitchen next to the microwave! I use it many times a day, for dicing fruit for the kids, to making fresh salads and preparing mashed potatoes. There is...
Published on February 1, 2007 by frisky2000

3.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT UNTIL.....
Add me to the long list of people who loved this chopper until the hinge snaps. Yeah you need to give it a good bit of pressure but the results are fantastic - especially if (like me) you cry when chopping onions. Now I'm crying because my new toy is broken.

Hey - an idea for the manufacturer... how bout making a metal frame that's designed to take the pressure...
Published on January 24, 2008 by John Gibson

‹ Previous | 14 5 6168 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked Great UNTIL...., January 25, 2015
Favorite Handy Gadget, Until......It broke

Really disappointed since been using it a bit over three months.
Did not abuse it. Sliced a few small stalks of celery, then some
coins of carrots, worked fine.
Sliced small to medium onions in thirds then diced them next..

Did not noticed the damage until I went to empty the clear bin and noticed
a hole in bottom! A piece had broken off around a leg of the bin and now
even though the hinge is fine and it will still dice, the contents would fall
onto the counter and a leg is broken off. Disappointed, will have to buy a replacement :-(

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Kitchen Aid, but has its Limitations, October 2, 2009
This review is from: Vidalia Chop Wizard (Kitchen)
Kitchen gadgets are great for reducing the time it takes to prepare food and the Vidalia Chop Wizard Food Processor is one of many time- saving devices that make it easier to slice and dice food. Cutting onions into hundreds of small squares is easy with the Vidalia Chop Wizard Food Processor and it is also very useful for certain other foods such as pears, potatoes, and more. The sharp, stainless steel blades chop food into uniform pieces, saving much time and effort.

The Vidalia Chop Wizard Food Processor doubles as a quick measuring tool and this fact adds convenience. Once you have pressed the food through the blades, all you need to do is lift the device and turn it upright. You can then view the amount of food by looking at the cup and milliliter markings on the sides of the base. This eliminates the extra step of measuring the chopped food in a measuring cup.

Probably the greatest disadvantage with the Vidalia Chop Wizard Food Processor is the fact that it comes with only two blade inserts. For more experienced and more creative chefs, this isn't going to be nearly enough and it greatly limits the chopper's usefulness. Also, one needs to remember that certain foods require a much harder push than others, to pass them through the blades. Often, it will be necessary to cut up food into smaller pieces first, making the device less convenient than it would otherwise be.

Vidalia Chop Wizard Food Processor is dishwasher safe and it does come with a special cleaning device to make it easy to help with the process. Unfortunately, the claw- like cleaning aid is quite limited in its usefulness. It is better than nothing, but I find that I often need to reach for a butter knife to dislodge the bits of food.

So how does the Vidalia Chop Wizard Food Processor stack up overall? Well, it is a decent kitchen aid and a tool that I find fairly useful for simple chopping jobs. It is completely manual and it takes a good push to chop certain foods, but it is still better than no assistance at all. It makes a good choice for the casual cook who needs a little bit of help from time to time and doesn't mind having the limitations that come with such a basic device.

4.0 out of 5 stars I recommend it, December 16, 2008
This review is from: Vidalia Chop Wizard (Kitchen)
I like this chopper, expecially for chopping onions. Only thing I recommend is the user hold the cover down on the hinge end, as you push down the front of lid to chop your food. I have found that the hinges may break if you don't hold as I have explained.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blade popped out, May 19, 2009
This review is from: Vidalia Chop Wizard (Kitchen)
The very first time I used it one of the blades popped out. Call me fussy but I don't like razor blades mixed in with my chopped onions.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, Flimsy, Broke On First Use, March 5, 2013
This review is from: Vidalia Chop Wizard (Kitchen)
I have to say I was very impressed by the reviews this item received and excited to use it, but the chopping section broke on me the first time I tried to chop some onions, on of the little razors came out of place and had it not been for my eagle eyed wife who noticed it, we could very well have been choking on metal.

I think perhaps I should return it, maybe someone will contact me and offer me a new chopping section...

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well for most uses, May 20, 2007
We have used this product for a few months now and it does a great job on most vegetables. However, I wouldn't recommend using it to chop carrots or other hard vegetables. If you do, use both hands when pressing down.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T WASTE YOU MONEY - brusied my hand and soon broke!, March 18, 2014
This review is from: Vidalia Chop Wizard (Kitchen)
I did a lot of research before buying as nothing in my price range had perfect scores. When local TV consumer reporter said she'd had hers for years and it was better than newer, similar items, I was sold. Either she has superhuman strength, or this is junk quality compared to her older model. If I could've jumped on the Vidalia Chop Wizard, maybe, just maybe, food would've chopped well and actually made it all the way through the "blades." Only zucchini didn't get stuck in the metal grill the food is supposed to push through. Onions, tomatoes, bell peppers required a HUGE amount of effort, with me basically pounding on the stupid thing, and it would still take 2 or more tries with one piece of food. And, yes, I used cut-up pieces exactly as specified, including the length of the onion. Tomato juice squirted all over my kitchen when I couldn't do half a small right on the first try. At the end of my first recipe using the food mentioned above, I had to spend a long time poking and scraping with the tool provided to clean the thing -- and then discovered the plastic top part that pushes on the food was stained by the red peppers and/or tomatoes, Are you kidding? All that would've been bad enough, but the next morning I had purple bruises all over my hand from this device. I was actually stupid enough to blame myself for bad technique so I even watched a darn YouTube video to see if there was a better way to press down on this thing. Nope, I was doing it just as shown -- only with A LOT MORE EFFORT than the people in the videos (yes, I watched more than one, including one by the same reporter from TV). I'm not some frail woman; if the device they were using was the same as mine, I shouldn't have had such problems. I gave it one more try, attempting to somehow be more consistent in my pressure and the unforgivably awful stupid junky ought-to-be-arrested for fraud device broke on one side where the top hinges. I am so done. Wish I never saw that consumer reporter on TV!

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, but its not as good as on the commercial., June 21, 2009
This review is from: Vidalia Chop Wizard (Kitchen)
I like this product because I do a lot of chopping and dicing in my cooking. So for what my needs are this product functions well. Note that I say "functions well" and not performs well. There is room for improvement. For what I do in my kitchen I would be willing to buy two "Vidalia Chop Wizards" before I would buy one electric food processor. Despite all of the cons listed below I do like this product and until something better comes out the "Vidalia Chop Wizard" will have a place and use in my kitchen.

Pros:
This product works faster than chopping and dicing by hand... for me anyway.

The price is adequate, but I would not be willing to spend much more. It is way less expensive than those electric food processors with spinning blades that claim to chop and dice.

Cons:
It is more work to clean this product than it is to clean a knife and cutting board.

When cutting soft things like mushrooms it looks just like the commercial. When cutting harder things like onions the "Vidalia Chop Wizard" struggles unless you cut the item to be chopped into smaller pieces.

Unless the pieces you are cutting are very small or soft there will be a fairly loud bang when you cut all the way through. Even things like bell peppers are a 50/50 shot if the chopper will have difficulty or not. If you have a child that is a light sleeper this is not the product for you.

The other reviews that mention the hinge breaking are true. This is the second "Vidalia Chop Wizard" that I have purchased. My first one broke after about 18 months of at least weekly use. I am not sure if that is a design flaw or just part of normal equipment breakdown.

The dicing cutter is a bit bigger than what I would prefer. It is more like a fine chop. However, this did not keep me from buying a second Chop Wizard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and easy, March 13, 2007
Toni (Shallowater, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vidalia Chop Wizard (Kitchen)
I just love this chopper! It makes chopping a week's worth of peppers and onions for my breakfast omelets easy work. I have also used it for apples, tomatoes and garlic. Again, it is simple and fun to use, easy to clean and worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but with some cautionary notes, October 6, 2008
This review is from: Vidalia Chop Wizard (Kitchen)
I admit that this chopper is a bit flimsy because of the plastic. But compared to its steel counterparts, it is much much cheaper. The first few times I used it, I was a bit taken aback by the loud noise it made towards the finishing motion of bringing the chopping mechanism down. I was afraid that the plastic part holding the lid would break as it had for some of the other reviewers. One of the ways I was able to avoid this was to slice whatever I was chopping a bit thinner. I have chopped onions, carrots, celery with no problems. You should not put the whole half onion on it or else it requires too much force and you run into the risk of breaking the chopper. By slicing thinner, I would not recommend anything over 1/2 inch in thickness. By doing this I avoided the large amount of resistance of pushing the lid down towards the end of the motion and hence no loud sound. This also helps to have nicer cubes, anyways. if you are chopping something with different density, then place the object soft side down.

It is very quick and is good for someone who doesn't have expert knife skills. It has saved me countless amounts of time in the prep portion of cooking.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6168 | Next ›