Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Video Marketing For Dummies
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 5, 2012
And when I say "everything you need" ... this book lays it all out there. How to get ideas, how to script your video, shooting techniques and editing tips. More than just a technical how-to-shoot-video (for Dummies, of course), this book shows how to use the video to strengthen your marketing and improve your sales.

My favorite section of the book: all about scripting your video. The authors show how the same marketing message can be delivered using a variety of different story lines. They show exactly how the brainstorming process works.
on May 5, 2012
If you are considering making a video for marketing purposes, or you made some, but were unsatisfied with the cost or result, Video Marketing For Dummies is the book to get. Kevin Daum, a well-regarded For Dummies author and INC columnist and his colleagues have written a thoughtful, comprehensive, and fun book for successful marketing using video. Whether you are a do it yourselfer, or like me, a "manage it and get it done well but inexpensively by others" type, this book helps with all aspects of what can be an intimidating topic.

First, it makes the point that videos sell. A posted video, I learned, can increase the chances for a customer purchase by up to 35%. Whatever it is you're selling, video sells it better. Search engines accord pages with video higher ranking. All of which is why you need to make videos whether you are selling services or widgets. Second, the book warns you away from being stiff, boring, and unwatched.

Then, it smoothly and comprehensively walks you through all of the steps for creating effective marketing videos, including storyboarding and creating a compelling script, prepping for production, location-scouting, shooting, editing, refining, polishing and post-production, and most importantly, posting and promoting it. Video Marketing clearly explains how to produce videos that can go viral yet not break the budget.

In a nutshell, humor is essential, and brevity is the soul of wit. Planning - with a script - is key to a successful result, and improvisation and imagination, [legally] re-using and re-purposing existing footage, bartering and and hiring non-SAG actors (and thus avoiding SAG minimum per-diems and ongoing residual payments) hold the keys to budget relief.

Personally, I know messages I want to convey, and maybe I have some idea of how, but having read this book, I understand that video production is not a read the book and do it now activity. Rather, it is a team effort, involving a producer, director,writer, camera-person(s), production crew, talent (actors), graphic artists, and editors. I also learned, however, that a team of two or three can do it all too, with everyone wearing more than one hat.

Like a diamond, a video can cost $500 or $500,000, and be more or les the same size, but unlike a diamond, the well-done budget film can be worth more in measurable results that an expensively-produced bore.

Simpler alternatives, such as animation using Go!Animate or Xtranormal are also covered, and the book is chock full of useful tips and hints, called out in the famous For Dummies style.

Video Marketing For Dummies provides good value and is a worthwhile treatment of a complex subject, told with good humor, professional style, and is devoid of condescension.

Highly recommended.
on September 4, 2014
Well, bought this along with the Facebook for dummies at the same time, and so far have read more of the Facebook book than I have of this. I got this book because I want to implement video marketing into my strategy for my website, mostly through Youtube, and well, I had to ignore areas where it mentions about making videos with actors, scripts, and all this technical stuff that goes with major video productions. Not for me!!!! I am sure when I find the time to read more and let more sink in then I will reevaluate my rating and put to video what I have learned in this book. Overall, I am pleased!!!! I just have to give it more time to sink in. Advice, keep an open mind and find time to really understand the concepts in this book.
on May 4, 2012
I have reviewed and am using the content from Video for Dummies in our business and am both enjoying and benefiting from it - it takes what we think is a good video approach, challenges it and then teaches how to use humor, a compelling story and concise script (content) to get your message across. Short videos are best! It is a good addition to a business' reference library on a practical "how to" use video in marketing...for Dummies like Me (and not afraid to admit it).
on June 27, 2013
This book is great for beginners and intermediate video creators. It has everything from writing script tips, where to find music, copyright warnings, finding talent...
If you know someone who wants to get started on the right track with video or even Youtube, this would be a great book for them.
on May 23, 2012
This book is a soup-to-nuts guide and reference tool for creating truly effective, entertaining marketing videos! I'm new to video development and production and have been enjoying working my way through this book. Video Marketing for Dummies takes what might otherwise be a daunting task and breaks it down into manageable chunks that include guidance for brainstorming and developing content as well as a stepped approach in putting your ideas into action.

As a writer, I'm particularly interested in the first two sections of the book, which focus on content development and scripting. The different approaches to storytelling provide a great framework or structure for storyline and script development. Our project team spent time brainstorming both internal and external chokepoints, narrowing the focus to the specific "pain," determining which type and style of storytelling seemed like the best way to present the pain--and then our solution, and drafting the story itself. It was a great team activity, and we've already moved into full video production mode.

I highly recommend this book!
on August 10, 2013
Betina Hind has been in the leadership of making video a selling tool. Her book Video Marketing for Dummies is not on the technical aspects of how to make good video as much as it is on how to use video to showcase your business. How to make YouTube a resource that promotes your business or organization. Use here ideas and you will be far along in creating a web presence that sell for you 24/7.
on May 17, 2012
Video Marketing for Dummies manages to convey all - and I mean ALL - the information that a video dummy like me needs to know without actually making me feel like a dummy. The book covers the topics I anticipated (the benefits of video marketing, equipment, editing) as well as illuminating topics that I wouldn't have thought to consider. For instance, I understood the value of storytelling on some level, but Video Marketing for Dummies made it abundantly clear that a compelling story would do more for marketing than the most slickly-produced boring video ever would.

While the clear organization of the book makes it the perfect reference book, the humor and conversational tone make it an enjoyable read for its own sake. I found myself turning to the book for one bit of information and getting drawn into reading the whole chapter.
on May 10, 2012
Video Marketing for Dummies should be considered "The Bible" for people who want to produce compelling video content to engage prospects and customers! The writing is easy to understand, and the tips are practical for businesses of all sizes. When coupled with lessons in Kevin's other book "Roar! Get Heard in the Sales and Marketing Jungle: A Business Fable", this content becomes even more powerful. As the owner of an internet marketing company, I've had my production team read this book and we plan to apply the concepts to our client projects as well as our own marketing efforts!
on September 2, 2014
I think this book is full of great ideas for Video Marketing! Are you thinking of starting a video series or studio? Get this great idea paced book to set you in the right direction for all your video marketing needs.