Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 24, 2014 12:04:45 PM PDT
Kacee says:
Does anyone know if there'll be a video of this concert?

Posted on Aug 30, 2014 9:30:34 AM PDT
I, too, would love to buy a video of this concert.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2014 9:04:27 PM PDT
Lin says:
i'm watching this concert right now on cmt. it's fantastic! i'll never delete it from my dvr recording. . .

lin browne, redding, ca

Posted on Sep 1, 2014 4:26:41 PM PDT
Greg K says:
Not 100% sure, but it seems unlikely they would air video only on CMT television and not come out with a DVD/Blu-Ray for the consumer market. You don't set up complete audio/video recording equipment for a major star like this (particularly a farewell concert) and not use it for a saleable commercial product. It is likely CMT bought the rights to air select songs (or an abbreviated version) before the release to the public. I look for it to be out in time for Christmas 2014 if not a little before.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2014 1:35:25 PM PDT
flash97 says:
Me to, I watched it on TV and it was great, loved all the artists that were in the concert

Posted on Sep 15, 2014 12:48:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2014 12:49:54 PM PDT
I was wondering about a DVD also, it's going to be a Walmart exclusive... http://www.walmart.com/ip/39506856

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2014 12:59:54 PM PDT
Kacee says:
Thanks. I'll check it out. Kacee

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2014 1:30:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2014 1:30:29 PM PDT
YEA !!!!!! Thank you James. I just preordered two of the DVDs. Scheduled to be delivered on Nov. 13th. I am thrilled, Dolores

Posted on Sep 15, 2014 1:31:25 PM PDT
Not sure, but I believe the one listed on walmart is 2 audio CD's, not the video.

Posted on Sep 15, 2014 1:47:30 PM PDT
Camille, I looked at the Walmart listing and I think you are correct. Oh Well, spent money on something I didn't want. I have sent a question to Walmart, so I'll know for sure soon. Dolores

Posted on Sep 15, 2014 7:55:05 PM PDT
Look on the Walmart page beside the name of the CD, it says (CD/DVD). If you get it and it's not the combo like you order, you can return it to the store.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2014 1:08:24 PM PDT
It says further down in the Walmart ad that it is a CD. They allowed me to cancel my order. I already have a CD preordered with Amazon. Thanks for the info, though. I am still hoping that someone has the DVD sometime soon. Dolores

Posted on Sep 16, 2014 1:55:04 PM PDT
I just hope that if and when they do release a DVD/Blu-Ray version George Strait's final concert, that it's the whole concert and not just the short CMT version put on DVD. I also hope that they don't make the mistake of using auto tune on it like they did on his last new live album.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2014 5:53:15 PM PDT
They do that with all their CDs. If you look at Taylor Swift's Speak Now Live or Fearless (Platinum Edition) CD for example, it's the same way even though both contain DVDs. Closer to the release day they will update the listing with the tracks. I can't wait to get it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  26 days ago
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Cowboy Rides Away: Live From At&T Stadium
Cowboy Rides Away: Live From At&T Stadium by George Strait (Audio CD - 2014)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (13)