Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 30, 2015
Subtract (1) Star for Instructions:

Be prepared to figure out everything yourself. The instructions contain obvious information like “drill a pilot hole.” But as for actually getting this thing set up, you are on your own.

Subtract (1) Star for Incomplete Garbage/Parts:

I purchased 2 of these to mount a monitor and tv (Both used as computer displays). If your tv or screen has the basic 100mm (4 holes) on the back, you will need to buy a handful of tiny washers from your local hardware store (I had to use 5 washers per screw – 2 monitors, 8 holes, 40 washers). The screws that come with this are a half inch too long – you will not be able to secure your screen to the mount! While this is only another $6, it was a major inconvenience when setting this up late at night – I barely got to the store in time.

Also, some of the “tools” that come with this are just garbage. The little wrench they sent to adjust a few of the bolts bent upon first use. You are going to want to have your own tool set when setting this up. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SOCKET WRENCH! I cannot stress that enough!

Side note: This is going to be much easier with 2 people. I was able to set it up on my own, but if you have the option… have a buddy help.

Pro’s:
- Once set up, these look great.
- The quality seems pretty top notch (although I’ve only had these up for about a day)
- Everything is adjustable: You can set this up so that it’s very tight and doesn’t move, or you can adjust it so that it’s fairly loose and swivels pretty easy (which is what I did)
review image review image review image
on October 22, 2013
Works Great. Holds my 40 inch TV effortlessly. Very well built. Definitely worth the price. Easy to install TV to the mount. Has cord clips. TV can be tilted up or down and sideways. Extends from the wall 24 inches. I highly recommend this brand..
on March 15, 2013
Warning, Do your homework before ordering a tv wall mount!!

Mom and dad bought a 32 inch Seiki TV and needed it angled on the wall for optimum viewing. That is where I the eldest son came into the picture(pun intended).

I knew in advance the location had plywood backing behind the drywall, which meant this mount would be easy to install as wood screws would be secure anywhere on the wall. But what if it was a typical installation, would there be a stud in the wall centered where needed to hold the tv and mount securely? It seems unlikely most people would, so what are the options?

Option #1. Buy a different mount with a mounting plate rather than small 2 hole bracket as on this model. If you don't know what I am talking about, look at other tv wall mounts and you will see on many of these a large wall plate that can easily cover an area with at least one stud, and addtionally allow drywall anchors elsewhere on the plate to handle the weight of any tv. This model has only a small wall bracket with holes for 2 screws or anchors.

Option #2. Use wall anchors. Again, there are only 2 holes in this bracket so take into account the weight of the tv and the rating of the anchors. Proceed at your own risk.

Option #3. Install a stud. You're on your own with this...

The mount is well made, everything fits and it looks good but as mentioned, a little homework will save you time and make installation easy.

I hope this review is useful. :-)
on October 31, 2010
This is a well built device. However the instructions suggest that you install the whole device on the wall and then install the lcd onto the device while it's on the wall--6 (smallish) screws. This means that if you are by yourself, especially with a big tv, you won't be able to install it. You will need 2 people. In my case, I have a smaller tv, 27" and I had no one to help me! So I took one articulating arm apart from another articulating arm (1 screw), attached wall mount to the wall (only used 2 screws into the stud with screws I bought at the hardware store--the tv weighs only 15 lbs & the device can hold 55 lbs if the correct screws are used), attached the television mount side to the tv while the tv was sitting face down on my couch (this is really the best way to do it because you don't have to balance anything)--and with only 1 screw to attach the two articulating arms together--and a big screw at that--I was able to put the tv up by myself. You will find that you will need to adjust the screws on the articulating arms because they come to you pretty tight. And for the price "such a deal"!
on December 17, 2014
Of the many wall mount brackets I researched, this unit met my specific needs. I needed a unit that provided longer than normal extension arm length because some times the TV must face one direction, and other times at 90° to the wall surface. This mount provides perfect length to rotate the television.

Surprisingly, the unit shows up assembled in its box and ready for a quick and easy installation. I did not need the extension arms, and these were not pre-installed for obvious reasons that fewer installations require them. Of the TV wall mounts I have installed in the past (quite a few for myself, friends, family, and neighbors), this one is by far the best and at a fraction of the price of other less-quality units.

The unit is sturdy and easy to adjust, holding up a 50" 4K television in my home office.
on October 12, 2010
Do not listen to other reviewers, screws that this came with are concrete only, there are no wood or dry wall screws. You will!!!! need a stud finder!!! There are 8 holes in total on a mounting plate, so it is plenty enough if you hit the center of a stud. Sturdy,good looking. There is a whole set of machine screws for(my guess)all TV types plus couple of tools that you will need.
on February 8, 2016
My bedroom is set up so that my bed faces a window. I needed to mount my TV on the side wall and have it swing over so I can watch TV when I fall asleep. I was a little nervous about having my TV dangling off of one of these mounts. I've had it mounted (into a stud, of course) for about 2 years now with no problems. I'm still always nervous about it because the TV seems so heavy. Hopefully I did a good enough job installing the mount! I'll let you know if it ever stops working (aka falls!).
on January 3, 2014
This was needed to mount a 32" LCD that weighs 27 lbs in my bedroom. I looked at another mount by the same company but it did not articulate so I was worried I wouldn't be able to achieve the viewing angles that I needed. So I found this one & went w/ it based on the high reviews. I could not be more pleased.

1) PRICE - If you were to go to the big electronics store (BB) or the big box monster (WM) you would pay hundreds. I can't fathom those more expensive mounts doing anything that this one does not. Does it cook dinner for me? Why pay $100-$250 for a mount when you can get this one for $29.99 & oh, by the way have the confidence in 898 customer reviews averaging 4.5 stars at the time of this writing?

2) FUNCTION - This mount is solid. It articulates to the left, to the right. It pans, it tilts. One small negative.....the plastic clips for routing wires are nearly useless. I took them off.

3) WHATS IN THE BOX - Normally I would not comment on what an item comes with but in this case I was so impressed I felt it was worth mentioning. It comes w/ everything you need in neatly sealed and labeled plastic sleeves. It comes w/ lag bolts that everyone will use to mount to the wall stud. (mounting to a wall stud is required unless you are mounting to concrete) Then it has 9 different screw sets to mount the plate to the back of your TV. It has 2 washer sets for the mounting plate (based on if your TV has a flat or curved back). Then it has a spanner wrench for tightening the screw of the mounting plate. Then it also has 2 plastic anchors for mounting to a concrete wall. Last but not least are the VESA adaptors (which I did not need)

4) WHAT YOU NEED THAT ISN'T INCLUDED - Pencil / Level / Stud finder / Phillips screwdriver / Drill w/ a 7/32 drill bit / Socket wrench w/ a 13mm attachment.

5) CONCLUSION - This is a no brainer. I have another 32" that needs mounted. I think as soon as I click publish for this review I will be ordering another one. If you find yourself reading reviews on TV mounts and you have found this one your search is over, just click buy already.
on October 18, 2010
Fantastic product for the price. It works perfect for my Vizio 37". Looks great and articulates with ease. I am very satisfied with this product :)
on May 30, 2016
I originally bought this for a Sony 40" TV, but installed it with a Vizio 42" instead. I did this because the Sony is an older model TV and weighs a little over 50lbs (which is still within this mounts rating) and the Vizio only weights 23lbs. I have a Sanus extended articulating mount that I bought a few years ago and paid over $100 dollars for it. (It now costs over $150) The Sanus is much stouter in construction than this VideoSecu mount is, so by reading some of the reviews on here and not knowing exactly how this mount was going to measure up pre-install, I swapped out TV's to match mounts accordingly.

Now that installation is complete, I'm sure this mount would handle either TV just fine. Is it the same quality as the Sanus? No, but it has enough quality to perform its advertised claims. I saw some reviews on here complaining about mount sag after install. Now this is based on the 23 lb TV, but I'm not experiencing this problem. The mount has 4 pivot points and after installation, ALL need to be tightened to the point that movement is allowed with intentional moderate force. Out of the box, this mount would have sagged like others complained, but I'm guessing its left slightly loose to help ease the installation process.

I won't hesitate to buy another one in the future if the need arises. An excellent price ($30) for a good quality mount. If you want a mount that you can do pull ups on after install, buy the Sanus (and pay 5x more to do it). If you want a mount that you can safely hang and secure your TV on, save some cash and buy this mount.