Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now HTL

on April 6, 2013
My review is based upon installing inside a 2007 ultra-lite travel trailer. In summary, this wall mount is an excellent, sturdy, high quality product that I can recommend to RV owners, provided you study out the situation of finding a sturdy stud among the mostly hollow RV walls. The mount MUST attach to a stud or thick cabinet structure or you will risk having your HDTV fall to the floor.

This wall mount is super sturdy on its hinges, which is of paramount importance. The hinge tightness can be adjusted with two hex/Allen wrenches, which are provided with the shipment. The three 3 inch wall screws secure this puppy to the wall steadfast as long as you land in a good stud.

My travel trailer accommodated a 13 inch analog TV in a doorless cabinet, but could not hold the wider 22 inch HDTV I purchased. The location of the new HDTV needed to be changed. So I ran new coax cable from the back of the existing Winegard RV amplifier in the old TV cabinet through the hidden plumbing and wiring areas of the RV to another wall near the bed and dining table. (Use the auxillary connect of the amplification unit, found on the right side of the back of the amplifier, labeled in plastic... Winegard RV antennas must have the amplifier to work properly, plus this unit is the switch for changing reception from your antenna to campground CATV.) Next, I installed a coax wall plate in a hollow wall after snaking coax up the wall. Previous reviews of this product indicated it came with three 3 inch screws to tie into a wall stud (in a house). The length of the screws concerned me (did not want to go all the way through a wall), but I also liked the idea of three screws, instead of two, like most other mounts had. I found a 1x2 inch vertical facia board alongside a wall stud in the RV in the perfect place. I predrilled holes smaller than the width of the 3 inch screws, soaped the screws, and installed the mount. It is as sturdy as if mounted in the house. I was careful not to drill near any AC power outlet, water pipe, appliance, or gas line. (This is what I mean by saying study the situation.)

The TV had holes on the back to screw in the VESA compliant mount that comes with the product. All viewing angle adjustments work with high precision.

We would never travel with the TV on the mount (due to highway vibration in transit), so the TV will be stored in its original box for padding. It is easy to remove the HDTV from the wall mount. But the mount can stay on the wall. I will tighten the hinge hex nuts so the arms will not flop while traveling.

If you are modifying an RV for HDTV, study out your camper, find sturdy wood or wall studs, identify the coax run, and install. (If your camper is plugged in to 30/50 amp AC power, I suggest unplugging for safety when working in the utility runs with the coax.) I completed the whole project in about three hours. The wall mount itself installed in about 10 minutes, easy. All in all, I spent $25 at Amazon on the wall mount, and about $7 in coax connectors and for the coax wall plate. $32 isn't too bad, considering an RV shop would have charged $250 for the same work, or more.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2012
I bought this because I needed a color production monitor to hang over my monitor. I do video editing and the monitor is a Sony LMD-2110W. I found a stud drilled 3 pilot holes leveled and screwed in. All done in 10 minutes, and then installed the mount on the monitor and slide it in. Finished a no brainer, lots of extra screws for the different mounting into the monitors. Solid and adjustable, I will buy if I need another one for any other use. I also added some pictures of what it looks like finished.
review image review image
on April 10, 2012
Got this a week ago to mount a 22" LED/LCD in the kitchen. I mounted it to a column that divides the kitchen/nook area from the family room. The column is 17" wide. I was not able to mount to a stud, as the instructions tell you to do, but because I'm passing all cables through a wall opening, I was able to slip support through the wall opening and bolt onto that. It's very sturdy, easily greater than the weight rating of this bracket.

One thing I wanted to mention which is not in the description. The offset of the centerline of the bracket wall-mounting-holes to the centerline of the plate that attaches to the back of the TV, is 2 inches. This was real important to me because I'm mounted on a column only 17" wide. If I had centered the bracket on the column then when the mount is collapsed against the wall, the TV would be off center by 2" -- very obvious against a 17" background. So I offset my mounting point by 2". Now when the bracket is collapsed, the TV sits right in the center of the column and the bracket is hidden behind the TV. Presto !!

This is the second Videosecu mount I've used. (The other was much larger for a 55" TV) They both seem very well constructed, I've had no problems with either. Based on my experiences with these two I recommend the Videosecu brand.
on November 13, 2009
Great inexpensive wall mount for a small TV. I mounted a 21" Vizio in a corner and had plenty of adjustment angles to choose from. I did it alone, but two people would have made the job easier. One to install the mount and one to hold the TV, but I improvised well enough. Quick installation job.
on June 10, 2009
I spent some time looking at what different 19" TV mounts were available. What caught my eye on this one was the HEX bolts in the picture. It fit my 19" TV perfect. Mounts to the wall nice, and deals with the weight of the TV perfectly. The HEX bolts are as you would expect, you can tighten them using the supplied allen wrench quite tight. Great mount !
on May 6, 2010
This is the second VideoSecu TV mount I've dealt with. The first was a much larger one and I was impressed with the quality, especially at such a great price. This smaller unit is just as well made and very simply to install. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who needed a small swivel mount.
on July 13, 2010
Very well constructed. I never need to worry that my LCD might crash to the floor. This thing is secure and much MUCH stronger than I expected.
on September 27, 2010
Great product, very stable and easy to install. Used it for mounting an operator interface screen.
on September 6, 2009
Mounted my 22" Samsung without any problems, tightened the arm's joints up, and the thing is solid and tilts/bends where i want it, and stays that way.

however, it does look a little cheap, so i would relegate this arm to the spare bedroom; for $10 more you can get slicker looking arms that will make your new PC or TV look even cooler.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2009
This was easy to mount and works very well. The product was exactly as described in the info.