on January 27, 2008
This mount is about the best I have seen yet. Looking locally, I couldn't find anything for less than $60 -$80 (even walmart). This came home for about $25. It mounts easily, comes with all hardware, it is black, just like the TV I mounted and the cables I strap to it to get them out of the way. The swing is very smooth, there is very little rock (side-to-side). The tilt (pitch) is very sturdy but adjustble. I don't have a single complaint about this unit.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 16, 2009
Nice product, fairly well built, and attractive black powder coating. I mounted a 26" HDTV (22.8 lbs) on our bedroom wall. As others have mentioned, no rotation after installing makes it important that you measure carefully before drilling. Here's a couple tips that should help your install.

Before proceeding, I suggest that you tighten the arm hinges (using the supplied Allen wrench) to where you think they should be. They were fairly loose on the mount that I received. Reason being ... Their tightness changes the level of the TV bracket.

1st tip: First thing I noticed was that the top of the bracket that mounts on the TV was NOT parallel with the mount's arms when the mount was folded flat. Therefore, I mounted the vertical wall bracket (plate) so that the TV bracket was level; this meant that the wall bracket was NOT perfectly vertical, but just a "scosh" off vertical.

2nd tip: Even doing this, the TV was still not exactly level; close, but not "perfect". This time I took a round file to the screw holes on the TV bracket and elongated them to correct the rotation required to make the TV perfectly level. It didn't take much filing; less than 1/8".

That did it! TV hangs perfectly level now when flat against the wall, which is where it is used mostly. Swinging the TV out to "max" position from the wall, due to the slight "give" others have mentioned, the TV is a gnat's off from level, but this is low priority and tolerable.

One other point: If your TV/monitor is wider than 26", you won't be able to get it completely perpendicular to the wall, something to consider.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 18, 2011
Verified Purchase
I mounted mine into plaster wall using the provided screws and anchors. Easy installation. It's holding an HP 2009M 20-Inch HD LCD Monitor. My desire was to reduce the amount of desk space being used. I have a smaller desk in my office, and wanted to free up space on it. This product works great! For the price, nothing comes close!
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 29, 2009
Verified Purchase
I tend to be the engineer type, so looks don't win me over if a product is flawed below the surface. This mount looks good, if and when you catch a glimpse of it but most important to me, it is designed well. The joints lock and hold positions well because the design provides enough flat mating surface area. All of the major parts are solid cast, forged or machined.
Finally, after you have mounted a monitor or TV, this mount does not demand or call your attention back, it just does its job, `quietly', behind the scene.
on August 13, 2007
Verified Purchase
This monitor arm is pretty cool, and great price point. I mounted a 26" LCD TV weighing like 32 LBS. Have not had a problem with it. I did need to make a trip to the hardware store for some longer screws than what was provided to connect to my TV.
on March 5, 2007
Verified Purchase
I purchased this mount to hang a 15" LCD TV, weighing less than 9 pounds (the specifications rate it up to 33 lbs). I carefully measured and used a level to mount the swing arm on the wall, but when I hung the TV, the position of the arms and the small amount of "give" between the arm segments caused the TV to hang at a slight, but noticable, angle. You can tighten the arm segment joints, which helps the problem somewhat, but you won't be able to swing the arm around once tightened. The swivel adjustments only allow you to change the side-to-side angle and the vertical tilt, there is no way to fix the rotation of the set.
3535 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 28, 2007
Verified Purchase
In one of the other reviews someone said something about the mount being lose or having some "give", I am thinking they may have recieved a bad mount and should send it back. I have a 23" LCD mounted with this bracket and its tight and holds the TV right where I set it. Now I can see where if you mounted it maybe a little off center where you could complain that they should have put a rotation(tilt) adjustment on it. But alas if you mount it level then you should have no problems. It was easy to mount and does what it should. A mount like this at a box store will cost you about $80, so you can't beat this price. The product is also very durable
on September 22, 2011
Verified Purchase
I now have 4 of these and think they are an excellent value for the money, and with a little care in installation will be very satisfying.

My wife and I both have dual monitor setups in our home office and we wanted to get the monitors off of the desks to clear up some work space. These mounts do it and work well at a great price if you install them to accommodate a design limitation. That limitation is, as other reviewers have pointed out, that the weight of the monitor can/will cause the screen to torque a degree or so resulting in one corner of the screen being lower than the other corner. To correct for that you can just adjust your installation.

Here's how we went about installing them.
- Locate a stud to install a mount on using a stud finder and put a pencil mark on the location.
- Figure out how high up you want your monitor and do the necessary measurements on the wall. We mounted ours a few inches higher than they were on the desktop base to give us better access to the workspace. It bothered me for about a day that the monitor was higher than I was used to, but now it is the "normal" height in my mind's eye.)
- Screw the monitor onto the mount before screwing the mount to the wall. (Attaching the monitor after the mount is on the wall can be done, but it is awkward to do so and requires more effort than this approach in my opinion.)
- Drill a pilot hole in the wall for the top mounting screw.
- Extend the mount so you have room to work.
- Lift the mount/monitor so that you can screw the top screw into the pilot hole you drilled. You can do this by yourself by holding the mount just behind the monitor and use the screwdriver/drill to hold the screw in place and position it in the pilot hole. Alternatively have someone help by holding the monitor and mount so you can use two hands to position things and install the screw in the pilot hole. I've done two each way.)
- Move the monitor to the position you want it when in use.
- Put a level on top of the monitor and rotate the bottom portion of the mount against the wall till the monitor is level. THIS IS THE KEY TO THE INSTALLATION.
- Once the monitor is level mark the location of the bottom of the mount on the wall that keeps the monitor level and drill a pilot hole for the bottom screw and install it.
NOTE: When I installed our mount/monitors I had already tightened the adjustment points on the mount so it was pretty "stiff" to move. I think that helped to keep things from flopping around.

The bottom line is that with a little care and technique in installation these mounts are excellent.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 5, 2007
Verified Purchase
I purchased this wall mount on the basis of other reviews. It was perfect for our need. Installation was very easy, the bracket was well made, moves easy (side to side, up and down). I put a 15" tv on it and I am well satisfied compared to other brackets that are 3 & 4 times the price. I give this bracket a 5 star rating.
on April 27, 2011
Verified Purchase
I'm a single woman in my late 30's. Had to install 2 of these by myself in our bedrooms. One for a 19" tv, and one for a 24" tv.

First, I shopped around & found these brackets to be a great price! The installation went pretty well considering I had NO assistance... By the way, I consider myself to be a "capable" woman but certainly not a "pro" at DIY projects... I put these up about 2 weeks ago. So far, so good!

The only complaint I really have is that the installation screws that come with it strip out very easy. No matter how much muscle/weight I put behind the screw gun, the screws stripped before I could get them all the way in, so I switched them out for my own screws before I installed the 2nd bracket in the other bedroom, and it went alot smoother! I highly recommend using your own (better quality) screws.

Other than that, I recommend this product - My son & I are very satisfied. It's great for watching tv and playing video games; easily moves to different angles and easily swivels but doesn't droop or swing loosely. Nice product at a reasonable price!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations