5.0 out of 5 stars Good for home use - small range cameras
Published 24 months ago by Vladimir K

1.0 out of 5 stars Needs to be fixed before selling anymore
Power supply does not filter the ac. Makes camera show wave floating thru complete picture. Makes poor quailty picture. I removed it from my system and now have a great picture.
Published 24 months ago by B. Knott

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for home use - small range cameras, December 27, 2012
This review is from: VideoSecu 18 Channel Port Output 12V DC CCTV PTC Fuse Distributed Power Supply Box for Security Cameras WK3 (Electronics)
I'm electrician and I run some tough tests right the way when I got this product. First test was 0.4Amps load on one output. Voltage drop from 12.7V to 12.4V and last for 10min stable. 10min is the time when I stop each test. Next load was 0.8Amps on one output and volt. droped to 12.3V lasted whole 10min. So far very good, better then expected. Next test was 1.4Amps load on one 0.5Amps output. It lasted for about 2min before it shot down only the one tested output. It came back on in 30 seconds or less. So I double two outputs and conected 1.4Amps load, it lasted whole 10min but I dont remember the voltage drop. All I know the volts drop din't drop below 12V in none of the tests.
Now the smoothnes of the actual power.
I had problem before with using litlle power supply which comes with each camera so I decided to run all 8 cameras of two marine 12V bateries which I allready had and that was working perfect exept I had to recharge them every 3 to 4 days. So no problem in that area since this is the smoothest 12V DC power you can ever get from any supply.
When I conected the cameras to VideoSecu 18 12V power supply there was no diferent, just like it was runing of my bateries.
So far about one month 24h/day I'm runing 6 cameras 0.4amps each and 2 cameras 0.74Amps each, one of each power output with out any problems. And planing to ad more cams.
One litlle thing I don't like is the actual conection for low volt wiring. It is up side down. Conected l.v. wire will cower green led, at least on mine unit. Well nothing is perfect.
I would strongly recomend this product for cameras with 0.5Amps ratings or less.
The description and tech spects of this product are very acurate.
You might have noticed English is not my first languige but I'm glad if I can help and make you laugh at same time :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 22, 2011
So much better than having a dozen and a half individual power supplies, obviously. I now just use 1 slot on the UPS/ battery backup instead of having to use a power strip.

Does just what it's supposed to and at a great price compared to similiar items. Most home users probably won't need all 18 slots but it's nice to know you have plenty of room to expand.

Powers even my 120 foot lines just fine.

A nice feature is it allows you to power 2 groups of 9 slots separately with an on/ off switch and having a lock is a nice plus.

I'm not a technical expert but I like this power supply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Power Supply- Easy to Expand- No fuss with Fuses, December 5, 2011
This a great Power Supply. Allows you to have up to 18 cameras hook up. You won't need to buy another box for upgrades. The best part is that it doesn't have any fuses. So no burn outs and waiting to get a fuse. Just reset the power switch and your back online. I also bought the same box for the 9 cameras. That has fuses that burn out for no apperant reason. I returned that and exchanged it for another of this power supply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality power supply, August 20, 2011
I am very pleased with this power supply.
I use it to power 8 cameras it is is very reliable.
In addition to being reliable the steel case is very solid and I highly recommend this power supply if you need to power multiple cameras.

This unit will power up to 16 cameras.

Chris
CFCEcorp.com

1.0 out of 5 stars Needs to be fixed before selling anymore, December 29, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, but...., March 14, 2013
...the two on/off switches don't do anything other than turn on/off the green LEDs, at least on my unit. There is power at the terminals regardless of the switch positions. Still, it seems to work OK and not a huge deal as I can just unplug the unit if need to turn it off. All 12 of my cameras are as clear as they were running off individual wall warts so the power seems clean.....just can't turn either bank off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good design double panel, August 15, 2012
Brice (TALLAHASSEE, FL, US) - See all my reviews
I have had this unit installed and in service for a few days now and it is working as designed. It has two separate panels with 9 two wire connections each. The green LED indicators show when power is on. Each 9 unit panel has its own switch which could come in handy. The key access could be useful but I find it more of an inconvenience in the event that the key is misplaced.

No noise noticeable.
Sturdy

5.0 out of 5 stars VideoSecu CCTV 12VDC Power Supply, February 16, 2012
Power supply is plenty strong enough for a standard 16 camera system with runs 50' or less. Unit is well made and I really like the fact that there are no fuses to change if you accidentally short out a run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works good, April 21, 2013
It is currently powering 14 CCD cameras and I have not had a hickup with it yet. Would definitely buy more of these for future installs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, November 22, 2012
I had some reservations prior to purchasing a power distribution unit to power my 8, 600 line, day-night cameras. I was unsure of the current draw so I put 4 cameras on one bank and the other 4 on the second bank. Well, I decided on this power supply. 1) It appears to be very well constructed. Heavy gauge steel box with a key lock, very easy terminals to hook the + and - power wires from the cameras. I really like the fact that it has some sort of circuit breaker rather than a fuse to replace should the power wires somehow become shorted together. Bottom line is, I am very happy with this power supply and would buy another one if I needed it.

What was unclear to me was a hidden switch (although labeled) that says 120V / 240V. It if nearly impossible to see the position of the switch. So I tested the 12V dc output side with the switch in each position to make sure the input voltage switch was set correctly. Here in the USA we use 120VAC. I am not sure this unit shipped with the switch in that default position.....