5.0 out of 5 stars They work wonderfully for the Energy Take 5.1 Classics
The Energy Take 5.1 Classics have a rear port and need to be a distance away from the wall in order to perform the best. These provided just the right distance.

The mounts are very stable once you tighten everything down - which is easy with the included tools. I have yet to hear any vibrations or other bad interactions from these mounts.

My guess...
Published on December 31, 2011 by Michael Sinz

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok design, terrible instructions and wrong hardware
Published on August 3, 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars They work wonderfully for the Energy Take 5.1 Classics, December 31, 2011
This review is from: VideoSecu 5 Black Deluxe Speaker Mount Brackets for Walls and Ceilings 1XZ (Electronics)

My guess is that the nylon/plastic construction will actually help provide both good stability and audio isolation without rattles or buzzes for many years.

The only interesting bit is that on the Energy speakers, the mount is not quite flush due to the other mounting bracket on the speaker. This actually produces just the right amount of tilt such that the speakers are pointing slightly downwards toward the listening area (and await from the ceiling).

5.0 out of 5 stars They work!, January 3, 2011
What's to say about speaker mounts? They work. lol Not sure how they would hold up to a larger speakers...but the little samsung mini cube speakers I mounted them with worked fine, look great....and they cost about 1/3 what they wanted for the same ones at Home Depot!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok design, terrible instructions and wrong hardware, August 3, 2011
Let me start by saying that I picked this product because it was highly rated and suggested by the Amazon site as things that people often bought when purchasing the Klipsch speakers that I bought. The reviews were great and so I was confident I was getting the right mounting kit for my speakers. Well, that was until I opened the package and tried to figure out how to make them work. I'm pretty crafty and can follow instructions. It took me quite a while to try and understand what the diagrams in the instructions were trying to tell me. Additionally, the only screws that fit the holes on the speaker are too short to pass through the mount, let alone reach the hole in the speaker. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to make the hardware in the package fit the speakers. There are lots of screws in the package, so it's really hard to believe that none worked. The speakers are common design amongst many manufacturers. I just don't get it. Anyway, I found a couple screws of proper length and went to the hardware store for more to finish the job. The mounts work well, offering just about any any you could want. They are sturdy enough to easily hold 10lb speakers, which is heavier than what I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durible, reliable options for a reasonable price!, December 13, 2012
I bought these mounts to go with the new satellite speakers for my Logitech Z906 system. Short and to the point: they work perfectly! I really like that they came with all the necessary mounting hardware (and then some). This means no headaches or troubles after the fact. Each mount is individually bagged with its own kit of mounting gear, making hardware detection a breeze, as there is no sorting through a consolidated mess of hardware. Perhaps the thing I liked the most, however, was the option to have a short mount or extended mount. These mounts include an extended section that you can either leave intact, or easily remove for a more flush, true mount. With the rotation of the sections and angle axle, you can literally mount your speakers in any direction you need with ease.

I was originally planning on using the 3M mounting tape (bought separately) to fasten these, as I live in an apartment (to avoid damage). However, if you are planning on doing a similar type mount, just know that, simply put, that is NOT an option. There is no real backing on the mounts to secure the tape to, and thus there is not enough surface area to create a proper hold. The only way to mount these is with the included screws, which is the best way, anyway, and I'm actually glad about that fact, in hindsight.

The speakers that I have attached to these are pretty heavy for their size, and these mounts hold them with mo problems. They are very tough and durable!

As for some of the previous reviews, I read that someone had a problem with the screw not reaching through the mount and into the back of the speaker. It's my guess that they either had the mount backwards (the mounting screw goes inside the mount, and does not stick out the back, FYI), or they were using the wrong type of mounting screw. They include several types of mounting screws with each mount, so they really do take care of your needs. They even include a second wall-type mount to use for two- or four-screw hole mount speakers.

I'm trying to think of a negative for these mounts, but I honestly can't think of any. In short, if you are looking for a good, strong, steady speaker mount for a fair price, these are your answer!

I would recommend these mounts to anyone looking to mount a Logitech Z5500/Z906 speaker system, or any speaker system, really. They honestly are great mounts!

4.0 out of 5 stars Universal Speaker mounts, September 14, 2011
I bought these based on reviews I read at Amazon and I agree that they are worth a look. I like the sturdy construction and they hold my speakers just fine and positioning is very flexible. Do be careful not to over torque the tightening screws so you don't strip the nuts. Been installed since January this year and no problems, but once they are up most people won't bother them. I checked and there's nothing coming loose or anything. I'd buy them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and highly customizable, October 20, 2011
Juls of Antelope (Northern California) - See all my reviews
I purchased two sets of these. One set is for my surround sound system. 2nd set is for my surveillance cameras.

It's highly customize-able due to the fact that each one has four joints. It can be configured to almost any angle, tilt, axis, wall/ceiling, length, etc.

It has good feel to it. It's made of heavy plastic and does feel like solid inside.

Each joint has screw on it. When tighened enough, it does hold it's angle.

I highly recommend it to anyone wanting good speaker brackets.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good , but quality can be better, January 3, 2011
The product does what it is advertised. For the price, its difficult to find anything else that comes close.
The quality could have been a little better. It will break if you tighten the screws a little harder.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but doesn't adapt...., January 15, 2011
It claims to adapt, and comes with the necessary tools, but it just doesn't really work. Strong construction and they worked regardless, but I had to disassemble the speakers and drill a hole directly through them to the mount. THAT worked perfectly!

1.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP PLASTIC ! ! ! NOT GOOD FOR ONKYO, 0 STARS!, December 4, 2012
DO NOT BUY THESE IF YOU HAVE A SPEAKER WITH A KEY HOLE! It can be done, But its NOT easy! Kinda Works for 2 pounds or less, So far! Seemed to sag a little. I Replaced these with something made out of metal, And NOT plastic! DO NOT hang your expensive speakers on these mounts PERIOD! DO NOT HANG THESE OVER YOUR HEAD!!Took mine down, And returned to Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Purchase price is only the beginning..., March 2, 2012
w_s_t (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
In brief:
1- If your speakers require key hole installation, you are rolling the dice whether these mounts will work for you. (loaded dice, at that)
2- I'm not an engineer, but I cannot see these stands accommodating more than a couple pounds.
3- Materials cost for this speaker mounting solution is slight, but the time to complete the installation is material in my judgment

More details:
Like many reviewers, I too thought that local retailers were bending people over on speaker mounts. Though I overpaid for mounts years ago when I also overpaid for a bose system, I was not about to spend over $100 (not even close) to mount speakers on my inexpensive HT system.

It appears that the mounts would work nicely for screw-in posts, keeping in mind weight limitations, and they even provide a couple different sizes. My speakers require key hole mounting, and I flat don't see how the provided hardware would work with most key hole speakers. Important note: I did UNDERSTAND and FOLLOW the directions. The bolt provided for keyhole is too short, and the nut is too small to firmly hold the speaker.

Cutting to the chase: A visit to Lowes with the speaker and mounting post, I acquired 8-32x1 bolts and nuts (SKU 490417) that had enough girth and length for the speakers, and #8 flat washers (SKU 490685) that provided substantial surface area behind the speaker key hole so I could comfortably tighten the post onto it. I'm sure there is a better alternative, but this is what I was able to put my hands on out of the thousands of alternatives, that works absolutely fine. $1.96 later, I am on my merry way.

Why the 2-star rating? Overall poor value. $X for these mounts, a couple bucks for hardware to make them work, and a few hundred dollars in time (what is your time worth?), plus gas. If I wanted to kludge together some speaker mounts with a visit to the hardware store, I would have done that instead of buying these. In the end, I had to expend the time and effort to kludge together a way to get these mounts to work.

Appendix: My HT system is Panasonic SC-BTT370 5.1 Channel 3D Blu-ray Cinema Surround Home Entertainment System. For those of you googling to figure out if these mounts will work for you, I believe the speakers are the same on the following Panasonic model numbers: SC-BTT268, SC-BTT270, SC-BTT273 (Costco model number). I bought and returned the 273, so I know the speakers are the same as the 370.