Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 29, 2013
Good product. Works with vizio S4251W-B4 satellite speakers and is a lot better than the stock wall mounts which don't allow you to angle the speakers which was necessary for my setup. Directions could be better but not too hard to put together.
review image
22 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2011
The Energy Take 5.1 Classics have a rear port and need to be a distance away from the wall in order to perform the best. These provided just the right distance.

The mounts are very stable once you tighten everything down - which is easy with the included tools. I have yet to hear any vibrations or other bad interactions from these mounts.

My guess is that the nylon/plastic construction will actually help provide both good stability and audio isolation without rattles or buzzes for many years.

The only interesting bit is that on the Energy speakers, the mount is not quite flush due to the other mounting bracket on the speaker. This actually produces just the right amount of tilt such that the speakers are pointing slightly downwards toward the listening area (and await from the ceiling).
1010 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2010
I bought these for my home theater speaker mounts and they work perfect for it. They have almost every screw, bracket, and adapter to fit any speaker. They are made of a durable plastic and even come with some drywall plugs so you can screw screws into it. That was also the only downside I have found, the plastic drywall plugs were very cheap but other than that a great product, especially for the price.
on March 28, 2013
Considering the low price it is no surprise that a bunch of morons have bought these and not been able to figure them out. Well dear Amazon buyers there is a tool to tighten things.

This device is all plastic and tightens with a hex tool. It is not complicated and easily holds the 10 pounds it is meant to hold. If mounting on the ceiling and angling the speakers I would drop that weight limit to about 5 pounds. The extra strain on the mount would have been well accommodated by a 4 - hole mounting base rather than a 2 - hole base. But you are buying the bargain brand at the bargain price and will be considered a complete dip if you flap your gums that it doesn't work or feels cheap.

Mounted on my ceiling and properly holding my speakers not one person has accused me of using cheap mounts. The fact is I knew my lightweight speakers did not require a crazy mount so I did not buy one.

With these mounts you get 3 options for attaching to your speaker. They will accommodate speakers that have the screw in female connector on the back. I assume this would work well for Bose acoustimass. There is a two hole connector that is identical to the wall connector that can be used for speakers in the upper range of the weight limit. And then there is the small connector that connects with one screw and will fit in tight spots on a very small speaker. I am using the smaller connector and it is working great.

Bottom LINE! These mounts are very easy to install and when used by someone with a fifth grade or higher education they are an exponential value and a fantastic mount.
review image review image
on June 13, 2011
I bought these for use with Energy 5.1 Take Classic Home Theater System (Set of Six, Black) and they hold the weight just fine. Everything I needed to get these on the wall was supplied (well, not a drill or driver) and installation was quick and simple thanks to the mostly clear instructions. I had to use the supplied anchors as my apartment walls are that old school crumbly plaster and I found the suggested drill bit size to be a little larger than necessary (don't recall the size), so I dropped it down one notch and they fit and held nicely.

I did tighten the screw that holds the speaker to the bracket a bit too much on one and it bent the plastic, but I was able to bend it back, rotate it and then tighten again with no problems; be careful with that.
77 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2013
I recently bought these to use them with my Energy Take Classic 5.1 Speakers for my Home Theater Setup. The speakers are between 2-3 pounds each and since I live in an apartment I did not want to spend too much for mouting them on the dry wall. Most "great" quality mounts seem to be 6-10 times more expensive so I chose this based on other reviews of this product. And I have no regrets I can recommend it to anyone on a budget.

Though to begin with I was a little worried about how well these groveless plastic mounts will hold my speakers. But now after installation I find them pretty secure and solid I am confident that they will hold well. But I would keep an eye on them every now and then just in case. The reason I went ahead with these mounts is exactly due to the detailed feedback from the Amazon reviewers great job everyone. It is only fair that I do my share so here it is.

I though a bit about how many stars does this deserve and I think it should be 4 the reason for the missing star is as follows
1) Plastic Threads: The machine screws that need to be tightened to hold the joints together are running on plastic threads that could be damaged easily.
2) No Grooves: The could have easily provided some grooves in the joints such that the joints do not come off just by pulling hard at both the ends. Due to the lack of this weight carrying capacity is low especially in the ceiling mount posting. The 10LB weight might not be suitable for all mounting scenarios I would say be use caution when planning to use these mounts.
3) Slippage: No matter how tight you tighten them there is a certain amount of slippage around the joint in a circular fashion i.e you can turn the speaker (not pull) but turn it around the joint. This can be taken as a feature but if you are attaching the speaker to the mount using screws yourself(i.e not using the original key hole or threaded insert slot) and if you make a slight mistake as in to create imbalance then the speaker might turn around the joints to compensate for the imbalance. Well that is what I think as I used threated slots for my energy speakers.
4) Washer: The instruction say that it is critical to use the washer while mounting with M4 screw hole of the speaker but the washer just cannot be put on to the M4 screw.
5) Anchors: that where included don't have a lip so it is kind of tricky to get the Screw into the Achors without pushing it into the wall. I lost two anchors but I had 4 extra. Later I took care to screw on the anchor just a little bit before inserting it into the wall. They can easily remedy this and the washer issue.

However there are great advantages too
They are pretty Universal come with a bunch of options for mounting on wall side or speaker side.
Lot of Hardware: Screws and washers enable you to choose many of those options as allowed by the product.
Good (but not great) instructions. Some instructions are better than none.

The following is what I had to do to mount my Energy Speakers hope this helps people purchasing these mounts for these or other speakers.
It was easy to install the wall side of the speakers two of them on stud without the anchors. And three with anchors on drywall (just read my above note about anchors slipping into the wall) for which you will need a 5/16 drill bit not included in the kit.

On the speaker side it is a little more complicated because of the speaker design nothing to do with the VideoSecu mount. I wanted to use the center M4 threaded slot on the speaker because it made a cleaner install. The center speaker mounts fine without any problems using the center M4 threaded slot on to the VideoSecu center hole mounting stub.
But the satellite speaker has a problem in the way the center M4 threaded slot is nestled between the keyhole mounting slot and the speaker wire contact port. Since the distance between them is a 1 0r 2 mm shorter than the center hole mounting stub that came with the mounts I had two options
1) To remove the keyhole mount (pretty easy just remove the two screws) or
2) Grind the side of the VideoSecu center hole mounting stub.

I removed the keyhole mount of one speaker and the VideoSecu mount fit well on the center threaded slot. However I did not want to keep track of extra hardware and the speakers looked better with the keyhole mount hence I decided to go with grinding.

Now I had to sand them on two side(again got this idea from another review on amazon) because cutting such a thin 1mm slice is not easy without proper tools. Since I did not have a sanding machine I figured that I could grind it on my concrete patio. I pushed it down firmly against the concrete between my fingers and grinded it by running back and forth a few times that worked well. It was a little tricky but now with the little bit of grinding it fits so well as if they were custom made for my speakers. I am satisfied with the whole setup it is a great.
My Speakers Energy 5.1 Take Classic Home Theater System (Set of Six, Black).
on August 24, 2012
I bought this brackets for my Logitech z506 set since they don't have wall mount brackets, and this one work excellent on them!. Fits nicely and easy install on the wall and on the speaker. Very versatile and functional, allowing you to direct the speaker in any direction and tilt them in any degree.

You only need a phillips screw driver and an electronic welder to install this on the Logitech Z506 and thats it!, The brackets even look like they came with the speakers!
review image review image
on January 3, 2011
What's to say about speaker mounts? They work. lol Not sure how they would hold up to a larger speakers...but the little samsung mini cube speakers I mounted them with worked fine, look great....and they cost about 1/3 what they wanted for the same ones at Home Depot!
on November 4, 2010
I'm using these speaker brackets in a dual threaded insert situation. My speakers are 6-8 pounds (within the stated limit). The brackets will keep my speakers from falling, but the hinge isn't strong enough to keep them pointing anywhere but down, even without the extension. I'm having to use some packed cardboard to prop them up. Next time I'll spend a bit more and get some metal brackets that can actually hold a speaker where I want it.
on March 26, 2015
These are inexpensive, look way better in a room than huge and expensive stands, say they hold up to 10 lbs each which is at least double the capacity of most all speaker stands. Good deal and fine product.

Only help I can offer is my set came with strange looking T shaped drywall hangers that I personally have never used. The instructions talk about the standard common variety. I'll try to post a link to a 50 second video on YouTube so you can have it handy. If the link does not show (I've seen others in reviews refer to videos that are not their. Thinking Amazon might not allow external links?) I searched, "How to use a T shaped drywall anchor" and the top 50 second video in Google was great.

review image