Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on July 9, 2010
I was very pleased with this purchase for several reasons. 1. The shipping was speedy! 2. For what you get, the price just cannot be matched elsewhere! 3. The products(dummy cameras) were packaged nicely and looked exactly as advertised!

This is a perfect setup if you are looking to install a dummy monitoring system. The cameras look exactly like a similar real set w/DVR that I saw for about $500.00. The IR style is an added feature as well. They are very easy to install and pretty stable and sturdy once you fix them to the mounting and angles that you want. Additionally, the fact that they dont have blinking lights is a great bonus because if you are going to use a set of four, who wants to keep climbling ladders and changing batteries! Finally, I liked the wires that came with the cameras. They are sticking out the back so all you have to do is place the other end underneath the mounting kit for added realism! Basically, These cameras are actually are shells of the "real" product only they have been disabled from operational use. You will also note that they throw in a bunch of warning stickers as well which cost about $10.00 if purchased on their own!!!
22 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2012
Didn't come with the stickers - very cheap, but I put them up without the LED/battery. Didn't want to have these things flashing all the time and didn't want to have to take them down to change the battery. All in all not bad for a fake camera, but I think you could get a better price then I did for the four. These cameras do look fairly real even close up - one thing I didn't like was the appature positioning and the cheap screw that broke off when I tried to move the camera "lens" to a certain position. I'm hope-ing a would-be-theif will move on to the next house due to the deterrent these cameras may provide.
on November 3, 2010
These cameras really look like the real thing. Comes complete with 4 stickers and a sign in English and Spanish. Has no blinking light, but the newer cameras don't have those anyway, and these look new. Perps are not usually very good at telling these from the real thing, and the theory is that they will see them and go on to the next house (A pro could tell, and could get in no matter what you do). The cameras install easily with 3 provided, plated screws and plastic plaster sleeves if used indoors in sheet rock. Camera can be set at any angle. They look and feel real. I'm sure that there are other, more expensive ones that may be better, but these should do their intended purpose: Potential thief sees sign, looks up, sees a camera, leaves.
on November 16, 2011
I purchased this from an Amazon warehouse seller named Qiang Zhao for $29.99. I had seen other fake cameras for ~$10/each so I thought 4 fake cameras for $30 was a good deal.
I received the items quickly enough and they were packaged well in individual boxes; no damage.

Issues:
1. the item description says "VideoSecu 4 Dummy Imitation Security Camera with Flashing Light LED Cost-effective Security CCTV Simulated Dome Camera DMY03D4 WE5". These fake cameras sold by Qiang Zhao are NOT by VideoSecu (a legitimate video security/surveillance company). in fact, if you look up the model # DMY03D4 on [...], no results are found
2. the cameras i received had two plastic screws holes on the sides that makes them look OBVIOUSLY fake. from the street, a anyone (including a thief) might think these are real, but come any closer it is obvious that they are fake.

luckily the order was fulfilled by amazon so I was able to return it without issue. BUYER BEWARE!!!

NOTE: real cameras do NOT have blinking red lights, so if you do buy these, please do not put the batteries in. you may as well put a neon sign on your house saying "I am too cheap for real security." to a thief this means that the ADT security/alarm monitoring sign you have in front of your house is probably fake too.
on June 14, 2013
When we installed these on the walls during off hours and put up the signs telling the little thieves that they are on camera the thefts stopped immediately. These look like the real ones as long as you do not get right up on them. One suggestion to those who might buy these, do not put the battery in for the light, this is a dead give away that it is fake.
Simple to install and produces enough paranoia in the potential thieves that they skill our store go some where else.
on March 27, 2013
I bought this fake dummy camera set based on the 5 star reviews I read here. Well, I was kinda disappointed when I actually had them in hand. First and foremost these are really, really cheap looking. Sure, they're plastic and everything but when you remove the cover to install the batteries you'll know what I mean. Poor molding manufacturing shows through out. The camera or rather fake LED bulb resembling the lens can't be tilted up or down without hitting the battery compartment. Make sure you know which direction and angle you want the fake lens to aim at and mark the holes (the mounting holes are not indicative of any direction).

Last but not least is the battery placement itself. To replace the batteries you have to remove the base instead of just the cover. This is cumbersome and could have been reversed so that when you remove the cover, you have access to the battery box without having to also the base also. Granted if you installed it correctly, you can twist the base off of the two retaining screws but I like mine to be secure so that means having to loosen the screws. So yes, to replace the batteries you will have to loosen the mounting screws holding the base in after you have removed the cover. I am not sure yet how long the 2 AA batteries will last but I am hoping at least 6 months. The stickers included are just OK and seem generic and quite cheesy. Personally, I would rather not use the stickers because it might equate to cheesy = fake camera.
on March 6, 2015
My girlfriend had trouble with a neighbor who was harassing her and her room mates. I installed 1 of these on the outside of the house, and then went over and picked an argument. Then I pointed it out. He hasn't bothered them since.

You can position the "camera" inside these, but the red blinking light is the most important thing. Make sure that when someone steps where they shouldn't be they see the blinking red.

These work primarily because bad people tend to be stupid people. Why you would have a blinking red light on a camera is beyond me, but these work because the kind of person who does something illegal likely has only ever seen an old VHS camcorder with a flashing red tally light.
on October 2, 2013
The most important thing is when handling these,be very gentle and do not let them fall...if this happens u will see them shatter...if u are careful and don't handle them much,and hang them,they look decent as a supposedly surveillance camera....
on December 30, 2011
This item is very hard to review because you know you are buying a very cheap and fake product.

The domes are not real but they have to pretend they are. The see throug plastic dome is carved on the side a big black plastic circle(quarter size) that is where it gets a hold on to the basis. If you have it on a close look you can see that and you know its a fake dome.

The red led light that it has inside makes it look even more fake. It bliks like it is running out of battery. It blinks just too fast.

I placed them at high places so people dont know witch ones are fakes and witch ones are real. I did not put any batteries on them because the red led light does not help at all.

As I placed them for security I have to say they look very realistic. Up high (5 meters or more)and the led light OFF.

The produt is OK. Dont expect for the price a perfect security dome. I give a 4 star because i did know what i was buying
on January 22, 2014
May do the trick, but it could have had a better and easier way for the batteries to be put in and out (on the side or something), because the wires for the blinker are so flimsy and almost a hair width thick...