5.0 out of 5 stars Works For Its Purposes
I ordered three of these for a large garage area and the covered walkway approaches.

They arrived in two days (Nevada to Washington State), were easy to install, and work fine.

Published on October 17, 2011 by Bob

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok i guess
For what i paid for it,it is worth it.Looks semi real close up.From a distance it looks better.Like i said the price is right so if it keeps the scum away then i am happy.
Published on December 6, 2011 by Dave

5.0 out of 5 stars Works For Its Purposes, October 17, 2011
This review is from: VideoSecu Fake Dummy Imitation Dome Security Camera with Flashing Light LED Cost-effective Security CCTV Simulated Dome Camera 3PZ (Camera)

A few notes: they take 2 AA batteries (not included). The units mount with two screws on the bottom (screws also not included, but easily available at a hardware store). The battery compartment is on the bottom, so do not tighten the screws down too far into the wood, or you'll have a tough time when it comes to battery changing, as it's a twist to remove sort of thing to disengage the unit from the wall/ceiling. An alternative to screw mounting is two sided velcro (given that the units only weigh 5.45 ounces/155 grams with the batteries inside).

There is an odd 1/2 inch open hole in the bottom of the unit that seems to have no useful purpose other than to let in moisture and bugs. Plug this up with tape before mounting.

Placing this unit in an area that is exposed to direct moisture (like rain), seems problematic as there are quite a few places for the water to enter along the bottom plastic globe dome edging, and under the base.

The flashing red LED light is bright, and at a distance of more than say 8 feet in a darkened area, the units look similar to my much more expensive real cameras installed last year.

These get a five star rating for usefulness for the purpose, and overall value.

They also get a five star rating for the humorous use of English on the outside of the Chinese-made box: "welcome to use our camera!" "Inside and outside the villa installs the photograph function to play the better guard role!" "Emulational camera can be wsed both in front and behind cars!" (not sure I'd want to do that last one...grin).

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't put in battery, December 14, 2011
For a couple of bucks this is a good deal (probably costs 13 cents to make), don't put a battery in it, security camera don't have red "blinking lights", this is a dead give-away to a thief.

5.0 out of 5 stars Having troubles with your neighbors? This may be the best solution ever! Please read my story:, December 28, 2013
A. Adams (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this fake camera (several actually) for different reasons than most and I wanted to share my story: We treated our next door neighbors like kings & queens for years since they seemed to be somewhat down on their luck. We gave them money, clothes, food from our cupboards, games & toys for their children and even rides to and back from football practice for one of their kids. We became so close that at one point our neighbors were calling my Fiancé' "Aunt" if that tells you anything. Well after several years of giving and giving we started to notice that we got nothing in return. Not that we were expecting anything but after 3 years you start to feel used.This neighbor next door (known as Heather E.) took advantage of us as well as several other neighbors and simply used us and took all she could get. There are too many details to share but you should know that Heather has a new best friend every 4 months is often fighting with someone for various reason (mostly in her head).

Shortly after we weaned ourselves of this one-sided relationship we saw that Heather E. and family began just opening their back door (that faced our house) and instead of putting their trash in the garbage can, they simply tossed it outside and let it land where it may. After a year+ of dealing with this "trash house" we were forced to contact the City of Gresham Code Enforcement here in Oregon. Code Enforcement quickly hopped on it and delivered an ultimatum to Heather E. and family: Clean things up or be fined. That night we saw Heather E. her best friend of the moment and one of her sons quickly cleanining up the refuse at 8:30pm at night!

What we didn't know was that for the past year Heather E. and family were throwing bags of trash into their shed outdoors and it had accumulated so much that it was overflowing inside! 2 days after Heather E. was forced to clean things up, I went outside and noticed that there was a large, dead possum laying on the path to my shed. This possum had clearly been dead for months and the only way that it made its way to my path was that is was placed there by someone. My Fiancé and I quickly surmised that this possum had gotten into Heather E.'s shed and became trapped inside where it died. As retribution for contacting Code Enforcement, our wonderful neighbors placed the possum on our property. I quickly picked up the possum and threw it back into Heather E.'s shed (with a glove mind you) and never heard about it again.

This is where the fake camera comes in: Rather than buy a gun or 2 along with a 6- foot fence with barbed wire or take some kind of militant stand here, I decided on a different approach. I had no idea what Heather E. and family might do next to escalate things so a fake camera was the PERFECT solution. Once installed, Heather E. instantly went on Facebook complaining about my cameras and even remarked that they were "illegal" and "he doesn't have permission to film my house!" Clearly Heather E. doesn't know the law. :)

In a nutshell these cameras worked like a miracle. They fooled our neighbors into thinking that they were being filmed at all times and basically it kept them from damaging our property (or worse). An unexpected bonus is that Heather E. and family never come out on that side of the house. Since they think they are on camera 24 hours a day, they choose to smoke on the other side of their house and rarely make an appearance. Even better, Heather E. is so paranoid that she put up cheap towels over the windows and doors so my cameras couldn't see in. LOL! Wonderful.

These cameras look real (at least to the low-life people next door) and it keeps them honest and away from our house. Sure, no one likes fighting with neighbors and we really have 0 contact with them which is great, but these cameras add an extra layer of protection. If Heather E. wants to mess with our house or vandalize things, she thinks she'll be on camera. This couldn't have worked better for a non-violent, passive solution to our neighbors from hell.

We have our neighbors trained and life is good again.

4.0 out of 5 stars The flashing LED makes it look fake, but it's worthwhile anyway., November 12, 2011
This is pretty believable if you don't put batteries in it to make the LED flash. I bought two and started them out that way (battery compartment quality was so poor that I had to stuff in some paper to force the batteries to stay in place). The red LEDs flashed constantly, and then I realized: you NEVER see cameras like this with flashing LEDs in the real world. Black domed cameras are all over the campus I work in, they pepper the ceilings of pretty much every store I shop in, and *none* of them have flashing red LEDs. So I took out the batteries and suddenly these looked a lot more authentic. Oh, and unless I'm confusing this product with another, there is no motion-detected activation of the LED - if there are live batteries in this guy, the LED flashes. I picked up some Velcro strips from Wally World, mounted them in a couple of places and, well, they look like surveillance cameras to me. At this price, that's good enough. I'm just trying to scare bad people away so I don't have to break out the Mossberg.

Update 12/1/2011: secure it well. I got supposedly industrial strength Velcro brand adhesive strips but they were recessed too far into the "camera" housing to get a really good stick going. On the first cold morning, 1 of 2 (back porch) fell off when the Velcro adhesive faily and it smashed into oblivion. On the second cold morning, 2 of 2 (front porch) did the same. I just ordered two more and will doctor them up with Gorilla tape before attaching the Velcro. No complaints about the product or the Velcro, I just need to do a little more thoughtful prep.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok i guess, December 6, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Very cheap construction, but do what they need to, January 10, 2012
First, I like this product, but want to say to the seller, please delete the fake reviews you or your people posted. the bad english is easy to spot. I agree with most of the legit reviews. You are paying $3 for something so its not going to be perfect. However, the appearance, even at close distance, is perfect. You can see the camera inside. I chose to use these indoors, but in view of a window or glass door, as the led looks like a motion sensor beam; the camera inside looks real enough. The beam flashes and stays on all the time. Since the average burglar is a drug addled teenager, I'd say these items in my kitchen window and back room would easily intimidate an opportunistic burglar. I have security stickers, and two or three working bullet cameras up as well, so these fake ones kind of cover some blind spots I was concerned about. They make it look like, when placed by a window or door, that crossing the led beam will trigger a motion sensor. No problem having them on all the time, since during the day the light is not very bright, but still visible. I took off one star because of the fake reviews here, and one more because they came with no screws. I found the Chinglish on the box they came in to be highly amusing...."welcome for to use our camera!" LOL.

3.0 out of 5 stars Box was a better highlight than the camera, May 16, 2012
J. Apfel "Maxito's dad" (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
Camera almost looks real, but likely wouldn't fool most people in the know. The box however provided endless humor with much "Engrish" as these cameras protect villa and car!

5.0 out of 5 stars so real, May 4, 2012
It looked so real that the person I was playing a joke on with it quit his job. I was just trying to scare him into doing some work what a bonus.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, February 3, 2013
Broke apart as soon as I installed! Cheap piece of junk! Would not tell anyone to purchase this junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHEAP JUNK!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's only $5????, January 8, 2014
Old EnglishMajor (West Virginia -- Yeh, it's a separate state...) - See all my reviews
Wow, it looks real and I'd think it should cost a lot more. Can't go wrong here. Will make the bads guys think twice.

Rate and Discover Movies