4,712 Reviews
 (3,489)

1,099 of 1,116 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Perfection!
*UPDATE 11-10-11* Apparently the design and sale of this mount has changed since my original review. It's now easier to install, and comes with an HDMI cable and level. Otherwise, most of my review still stands.

I was planning to make my own TV mount because all the affordable ones were so cheaply made. That was until I stumbled on this one for $25...
Published on August 27, 2010 by Brianstech

[...]

I bought the mount, and its fine. For $26 bucks, if you want a mount like this, its not super sturdy, but it does the job.

Here is the problem though. I bought this item on Amazon, from seller: Warehouseseller. In the listing, at the time i bought it (Jan 2013) it specifically said "BONUS, Free HDMI cable and level"

But when the...
Published 11 months ago by N Ruddy

1,099 of 1,116 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Perfection!, August 27, 2010
This review is from: VideoSecu ML531BE TV Wall Mount for most 22"-55" LED LCD Plasma Flat Screen - up to 88 lb VESA 400x400 mm with Full Motion Swivel Articulating Arm, 20 in Extension, for Monitor (Black) WP5 (Electronics)

Wow, was I surprised when it arrived! Very nicely double-boxed and packaged extremely well. Then the construction is quality all the way, right down to the chrome-plated nuts, screws and bushings. This mount was manufactured and boxed as if it were a high-dollar item.

It only took about 15 minutes to have my 37" LG firmly hanging on the wall. Oh, and I did it all by myself.

I can't comment on the mount-to-TV screws because my LG already provided them. And I did use my own 5/16" flat washers on 2 of the lag screws since none were included, but that's just my preference.

I highly recommend this mount, I would have been happy to pay double for such quality.

Now, as usual, many of the reviews here are misleading:

*Dismiss all reviews that talk about adjacent studs, or difficulties getting screws to grab at an angle. This thing BOLTS TO A SINGLE WALL STUD VERY EASILY! Just like what's shown on the instruction sheet, you simply screw 3 of the lag screws down the center of the mount. That's all that's needed, the other holes are just a bonus for more complicated setups. DO NOT PUT 6 OR 7 LAGS INTO A STUD! You will probably shred or weaken it. Crash goes your TV while ripping a chunk of 2x4 through your drywall.

*Dismiss the reviews that mention short lag screws. They are 2", that's a depth of almost 1 1/2" into the stud after going through 1/2" drywall and the mount. If you drilled roughly 3/16" to 1/4" diameter pilot holes and didn't over-tighten your lags, it should be fine. I've mounted mine twice now, using the same (provided) lags.

*I have no idea where this review came from that complains about an adjustment knob getting in the way. My mount doesn't have any kind of knob on it whatsoever, perhaps they are commenting on a different model. There's a tilt adjustment, but it uses a wrench and doesn't protrude anywhere. The ONLY BAD PART I'VE FOUND is that cheap stamped sheet-metal wrench to tighten the tilt mechanism. No problem, I just used my own 13mm wrench instead.

*Yes, the mount can be somewhat stiff. Like another reviewer stated, just lubricate it. I used a few drops of 3-In-1 Oil in the joints.

*And bad reviews from people who didn't research or check to see if their TV or monitor is VESA compliant. That also includes the ones who didn't check to see if the mounting plate will block off their inputs. The plate is about 8 1/2" square, it shouldn't be that hard to see if you'll have a conflict. Besides, in the description it says, "Please make sure what mount your TV needs before you place order. If you are not sure, please send us a message. We will check for you." So they are giving a nice product bad reviews because they simply didn't read the description.

*Then all the complaints of trying to hold the TV to the mount while installing the screws. If you look at the pictures on Amazon you'll see the center screw hole is a "keyhole".

1. Hold the mount to the wall and mark the 3 hole locations on the wall. On the center keyhole you want to only mark the narrow slot at the top.

2. Drill (3) 3/16" holes.

3. Install center screw into the stud, but leave a small gap between the head and the drywall, you can even use the mount to test whether the slot in the "keyhole" passes behind the head.

4. Lay your TV face-down on a safe place like a mattress or a table with a comforter over it. Place the mount over the back of the TV and install screws.

5. Position the mount so the wall mounting plate is reasonably close to the TV and as close to center as possible, and simply hang it on the wall to the center lag screw through the keyhole. That should help with the weight while you screw the top lag in, then the bottom. Don't tighten anything completely until all 3 screws are in, then make sure it's level or plumb.

That's it. This is an inexpensive, very well built product that solves a simple problem. I'll be ordering more for my PC monitors and future customers ASAP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super High Quality & Functional Wall Mount, August 28, 2010
Jackal (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
OK - at first I was very skeptical to purchase a very inexpensive $25 wall mount for my 40" LCD Samsung tv set since most people used it on a 32" LCD or smaller set. However, this wall mount FAR EXCEEDED my expectations and rivals $200 wall mounts in terms of functionality and pars $125+ wall mounts in terms of construction quality. I am an intermediate to advanced level DIY-er, but don't work with my hands for a living, and managed to get this mount installed perfectly. One person can do most of the installation, but once you are ready to mount the LCD, you will need some assistance holding it up and positioning the LCD in place (I used an empty box with a pillow help raise the set, and my wife's help to position it in place). My LCD is located in the corner of my living room over a fire place. Given the fact the LCD is at a high location, I wanted a mount that not only can be positioned to rotate left and right, I wanted it to be TILTED downward towards the viewers/ sofa couches. This mount has more features than many others out there(my friend paid $180 for his mount at a retail store and doesn't have all the adjusting options). If you know what you're doing, you will have no problem with this mount. It even allows 'some' degree of user error by letting you rotate the LCD clockwise and/or counter clockwise from a standing position in case you did not use a leveler or measure properly. All necessary screws, bolts and instructions were included for my set.

Here are a few tips to make this product absolutely incredible:
*If you apply just a single drop of lubricant (I used Finish Line Cross Country Lube) at each rotating/moving joint, this wall mount will have the motion of a smooth high end articulating arm that seems to have ball-bearings!!.. it is SMOOTH and STURDY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect wall mount for my 32 inch flatsreen, August 7, 2009
This wall mount is great. It is constructed very well and was easy to install. It looks clean and discreet on the wall and provides virtually 180 degree swivel for my 32 inch TV. It came with all needed hardware to mount to the wall including heavy duty wall anchors for the wall screws that did not hit a wall stud. The only complication was that I had to get the correct bolts for mounting the TV to the mount itself (the product did come with two different size bolts for this purpose but neither was the right size to mount the TV to the bracket). I found the correct bolts very easily at my local hardware store.

After hanging the TV (32 inch BestBuy Insignia - Approx 30 lb. with mounting holes 200 X 200) I am very confident my TV is secure and safe. In addition, the product is very well priced. Local stores wanted $100-$150 for similar mounts. WOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Mount, Great Value, Get different Hardware, August 17, 2010
AC14 (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This mount is perfect for my 37" Vizio (VO370M).

- Very sturdy and easy to adjust
- Fit my TV perfectly without need to rebore holes in the bracked
- Took about 45 minutes from opening the box to surfing the channels
- Why would anyone pay hundreds for another mount?

Keys to Installing:
> Get new hardware - the bolts are too short to get a good grib of a wall stud through drywall and longer bolts make for a more secure connection to the TV
> Get help - very easy to install with 2 people, might be tough attaching the TV to the mount on the wall by yourself
> Don't over tighten - make sure all bolts and connections are secure, but leave a slight amount of play for final adjustments and leveling. Also, the hinges work best when tightened about 85%, this means the mount folds and extends easily but doesn't sway or rock too much.
> Manage cables - I used zip-ties to secure the cables to the arm for a clean look. Make sure to leave enough slack for the arm to bend and extend.

1.0 out of 5 stars FRAUD Alert ! Mount is OK, but BEWARE - the seller Warehouseseller is a Crook., January 9, 2014
[...]

But when the TV mount arrived it had no HDMI cable or level. Not the end of the world, but slightly annoying. I contacted the seller, and they said "oh that model does not come with a Free HDMI cable and level".

I wrote back, explaining to them that the listing says it does, sending them a link to the listing, where it could clearly be seen that it said "Free HDMI cable and level".

They replied "nope, it does not say that".

what? i thought, so i took an actual screenshot of the listing (where it could be clearly seen that it said "Free HDMI cable and level"), and a separate screen shot of my order (showing that that was the exact model that i bought).

They then wrote back, saying that was not the model i bought.

Huh? they were just jerking me around, i sent another email to them showing my order page, my order number, and the exact item purchased, and they said "oh we used to include an HDMI cable and level, but we dont do that anymore".

I wrote back, "well all thats nice, but can you send me the Free HDMI cable and level listed?" they replied "no" saying they would not do that.

So, i was like, wow, what a bunch of scammers, i contacted Amazon, and they agreed with me. Amazon apologized, and Amazon even refunded me the money, AND said i could still keep the TV stand. So ultimately (due to Amazon) it worked out OK, but seriously, be very wary of this seller.

Also, not for nothing the customer service emails from Warehouseseller back to me were not only not helpful, but they were very rude as well. AND... it says in the listing "Please report to amazon.com if you receive a mount without VideoSecu logo." The TV Mount i did recieve works Ok, but it does not have the VideoSecu logo. Which (to be honest) i am not too worried about. But clearly they are selling knock-offs (although it still works), and they are rude, and they scam customers. As such, i can only recommend that you do not buy from this seller.

1.0 out of 5 stars Received one without the VideoSecu logo on the mount, December 27, 2013
Guess I just received a third party product.
Couldn't find any VideoSecu logo on the mount.
Some of the screws appear rusty as well

1.0 out of 5 stars Secure *looking*, but wall bracket has a serious design flaw., October 8, 2013
So, after getting a stud finder, measuring where I can put my TV, drilling pilot holes, and lining up the wall bracket, I began the process of screwing in the wall bracket. It is at this point that I discovered that the endcaps on the swivel mechanism block the screw from going all the way into the wall. Only about 1/2 inch of screw went in before it got blocked by an endcap; enough to "securely" fasten the bracket to drywall. Perhaps this is what the many other reviewers saying the screws aren't long enough are talking about? I could not believe my eyes, but it's true; the self-tap lag screw cannot get past the swivel endcap. Totally unacceptable for something that I need to trust to hold up a big, heavy television.

1.0 out of 5 stars Metal is strong, but poor engineering decisions, September 10, 2014
Provided screws "walked" across the stud, thus causing one to slide out. TV fell off the wall. TV survived, but not sure about my Xbox and Blu-ray player. For the flexibility and the rated weight limit, it should be a two stud setup.

Of note, the metal is very solid and did not give at all even with the fall.

Would not buy again

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, great price, August 19, 2010
After pricing wall mounts for my 42-inch Samasung LCD in big box stores, I tried this one and found just what I needed at less than 1/3 of the price! It's just what I needed, and the guy who installed it was blown away by the price and the quality.

If you are hanging a big tv and you want the flexibility of being able to pivot the screen in either direction this is a great product. Attaches to one stud and is quite secure and easy to install.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop complaining! This an excellent mount!, October 20, 2010
This is my first review I have done for Amazon although I have been buying at this site for years. This is also in response to other reviews I have seen on this site and others regarding this product.
#1 This is a great sturdy mount and for the price its terrific.
#2 Yes you need 2 people to mount this, what did you think?
#3 Invest in a drill, if you don't have one buy one or borrow one!
#4 It's a television,lcd or not it still has weight to it you are not hanging one o a picture frame, I saw a complaint that the television pulled out their drywall and that this product was awful why were you mounting this on a wall w/o anchors and why was your television not mounted onto a stud?
#5 Your television needs to be mounted on a stud if you don't want to have any unfortunate accidents.
#6 Install is easy, buy some drywall screws from your hardware shop and have a drill and screwdriver handy.

I am happy with this product it is not flimsy and I hope you enjoy it as well. If you enjoy getting ripped off go to your local electronics store, buy one that can easily cost triple the price but keep in mind just because you pay more doesn't mean that you are getting more. Enjoy!