Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on August 4, 2010
I purchased two of these mounts, one to hang a 42" Toshiba LCD high above a chest-of-drawers in the bedroom, the other to hang a 55" Samsung half-way up the wall. In the pictures above, the 55" is now hanging where the 42" is shown. I've had these mounts installed now for eight months, and they are not sagging or unstable in any way. In the basement, the flexibility of the TV helps when we want to watch a movie and sit at our downstairs table, which is off to one side. In the bedroom, the TV can be turned, pulled out or moved in easily to suit any need.

I mounted these wall units by myself, but this did take some work, holding the one-piece assembly up against the wall while putting the screws into the wall. That being said, the fact that the device came fully assembled is certainly worth 5 stars in my book. The HDMI cables worked without issue, as well.

2011 07 30 - Update: The wall mounts are still flexible, and have not sagged, bent or pulled away from the walls. I'm very happy with the purchase of these mounts. I've updated my rating to 5 stars.
review image review image review image review image review image
on December 21, 2010
Mounted our new 65" plasma weighing about 105 pounds according to mfg. I realize it is a couple inches larger than specs say, but this tv is also below weight, so you decide.

Biggest problem was with the bracket that mounts to the wall. It is only about 18" wide. The issue is when it comes to centering on the wall. On our wall, in order to mount this bracket on two studs, the bracket has to be about 4" off center. Since I have such a wide tv, that means that the VESA mount is at the limit on the bracket, and thus you do not have any room to move the tv from side to side on the mount. Further, if the tv is off center on this bracket, it tends to make the tv a bit off balance. Again, the tv we are using is much below the recommended weight, so seems like that shouldn't happen.

I ended up mounting a 3/4 inch plywood board to wall, covering 3 studs, and then mounting this bracket to that board. The tv hides the board, so not really an issue, and it is painted to match the wall.

On the plus side the bracket is great for getting behind the tv, or changing the angle. Seems very sturdy, and indeed held me up ( about 180lbs) when I was testing it.

Out of the box, the bracket is very tough to move, but once the tv is up, the weight of the tv seems to make it move more easily. I went a further and oiled the hinge areas. This greatly freed up the movement, but almost too much, as just touching the tv will allow it to move now. So you might want to avoid doing that.

Lastly, as other reviewers have stated, go to your local hardward store and buy better lag bolts. The bolts they provide to mount the tv seem fine and I used those with no issues. But the lag bolts they provide just look scary cheap and it is easy to believe those that say they twisted the heads off. I tossed mine and upgraded to some nice thick 5/16 inch variety. I sleep with no concerns about them breaking.
1414 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2009
I think this is a good bargain. Hold my 40" Proscan LCD nicely (40 something pound).
It is not super heavy duty but strong enough for new larger LCD TVs
(you might want a heavy duty hanger for larger heavy plasma TVs)

1. You fist assemble the vertical bars then secure it to the wall.
2, You then attach the back plate and TV holding bar to your TV
(it even comes with spacer and many many screws for different type of VESA standard mount, nice!)
3. You then hang your TV to the mount (using the hooks on the top of the TV plate)
4. Slide your TV left or right to position you want
5. Adjust the tile angle with the built-in screw with handle (nice feature)
6. Screw down the 2 secure screws at the bottom of the mount so the TV will not accidentally pop-out.
7. Enjoy your TV.

This is really a good deal (Thirty something with shipping, very good deal).

BTW, the bubble level come in the mount is not mount properly. Use a good leveler instead.
This mount looks very much like the CheetaMount but cheaper.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2014
I used this to mount a 42" plasma tv and it was a major hassle. Getting the bracket up and the tv hooked to the rails was relatively easy. The hard part came when I tried to set the tilt. No matter what I did, it would slide back to tilting down. I tried to tighten the tilt bolts to stop this, but two stripped out. I had to take the tv down, remove the four tilt bolts and replace them with my own bolts. Very disappointed.
review image review image
on May 28, 2010
The quality of materials used is as good as you can get for the price. It is not flimsy at all, once you pick this thing up you will see. HOWEVER, the quality of construction is not the best.
Front panel and back panel are not level (at least in my unit). So, if you level the back panel to the wall, the front panel which your TV attaches will not be level. Therefore, neither will your TV. Make sure to level the front panel even if this means the back panel looks crooked, because you definitely do not want to have a crooked TV.

This is not to say that it wont hold your TV because it most defiantly will not go anywhere. I trust it with my 60" kagillion pound Samsung.
on June 29, 2010
VideoSecu Mounts 1SR PLASMA LCD Flat Screen TV Articulating Full Motion Dual Arm Wall Mount Bracket For Most 32"- 63" Displays with free 7ft HDMI cable MW360B7 This mount is as good or better in some cases than the $200+ mounts found at your local retailers. The mount comes with good basic mounting hardware that works with most flat screens. I used it for a 46" Sony Bravia, which it mounts to with no problem. When you set the television in the position desired, it stays in that position, with no bouncing or unwanted movement. You could pay the higher prices for a full motion mount, but, you will most likely get the same results. This is a sturdy wall mount that securely holds your flat screen to the wall and it stays where you set it, at a great price.
on October 7, 2010
This TV Mount is a very good deal, not just for the money. No reason to spend more money on a supposed "better" mount. The one just like it at Walmart is 299 dollars - what a ripoff. The quality of the steel is good and it holds my 42" LG to the wall well. I like the tilt and swivel functions so I can watch TV anywhere in my apartment.

Mounting the TV to the wall can be done with one person without too much hassle but 2 people would be ideal. I did it by myself to get it done. I used 3.5" drywall screws straight into the studs (X4). then the other 2 pieces mounted to the back of my TV easily and I had my TV hung on the wall in 20 minutes or less.

The mount is very solid and does not sag at all. It has built in cable management and looks great once it's installed.

There are a ton of screws to use for whatever TV you have so it comes with everything. I didn't think that the included screws were good enough for mounting to the wall so that's why I used my own (longer) screws to pierce the studs and mount the base to the wall.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2010
I put this LCD tv mount in a Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2082 here in Lemon grove Ca. Everyone loves the way is pulls out from the wall and goes almost flush to the wall. But for the price you can't beat it. All of my comrades would recommend this wall mount
on February 2, 2011
I have the cheetah mount along with this one, both do the job very well and this review is my comparison of the two.

Comes with amazon prime shipping
Does the job
Slimmer than the Cheetah Mount
Lighter in weight

Edges not as finished.
harder to adjust the angle of the mount.
welding and construction seems "rushed".
enamel painting is a little rougher, which concerns me with cables since i change the angle of the TV very often.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2009
I bought this wall mount for my 58" plasma that weighs in at 160 pounds. The installation is quick and easy, and this thing will hold some weight!

In order to set/adjust the tilt you will need to read the other reviews. They mention ways of sticking screws in the slot to stop the TV from dipping too far down. This is an easy fix. The only difference between the $$300 mount at the store and this one is you will need to do this for heavier TVs.

Save your money... Buy this.