1,228 of 1,255 people found the following review helpful
on August 27, 2010
*UPDATE 11-10-11* Apparently the design and sale of this mount has changed since my original review. It's now easier to install, and comes with an HDMI cable and level. Otherwise, most of my review still stands.

I was planning to make my own TV mount because all the affordable ones were so cheaply made. That was until I stumbled on this one for $25.

Wow, was I surprised when it arrived! Very nicely double-boxed and packaged extremely well. Then the construction is quality all the way, right down to the chrome-plated nuts, screws and bushings. This mount was manufactured and boxed as if it were a high-dollar item.

It only took about 15 minutes to have my 37" LG firmly hanging on the wall. Oh, and I did it all by myself.

I can't comment on the mount-to-TV screws because my LG already provided them. And I did use my own 5/16" flat washers on 2 of the lag screws since none were included, but that's just my preference.

I highly recommend this mount, I would have been happy to pay double for such quality.

Now, as usual, many of the reviews here are misleading:

*Dismiss all reviews that talk about adjacent studs, or difficulties getting screws to grab at an angle. This thing BOLTS TO A SINGLE WALL STUD VERY EASILY! Just like what's shown on the instruction sheet, you simply screw 3 of the lag screws down the center of the mount. That's all that's needed, the other holes are just a bonus for more complicated setups. DO NOT PUT 6 OR 7 LAGS INTO A STUD! You will probably shred or weaken it. Crash goes your TV while ripping a chunk of 2x4 through your drywall.

*Dismiss the reviews that mention short lag screws. They are 2", that's a depth of almost 1 1/2" into the stud after going through 1/2" drywall and the mount. If you drilled roughly 3/16" to 1/4" diameter pilot holes and didn't over-tighten your lags, it should be fine. I've mounted mine twice now, using the same (provided) lags.

*I have no idea where this review came from that complains about an adjustment knob getting in the way. My mount doesn't have any kind of knob on it whatsoever, perhaps they are commenting on a different model. There's a tilt adjustment, but it uses a wrench and doesn't protrude anywhere. The ONLY BAD PART I'VE FOUND is that cheap stamped sheet-metal wrench to tighten the tilt mechanism. No problem, I just used my own 13mm wrench instead.

*Yes, the mount can be somewhat stiff. Like another reviewer stated, just lubricate it. I used a few drops of 3-In-1 Oil in the joints.

*And bad reviews from people who didn't research or check to see if their TV or monitor is VESA compliant. That also includes the ones who didn't check to see if the mounting plate will block off their inputs. The plate is about 8 1/2" square, it shouldn't be that hard to see if you'll have a conflict. Besides, in the description it says, "Please make sure what mount your TV needs before you place order. If you are not sure, please send us a message. We will check for you." So they are giving a nice product bad reviews because they simply didn't read the description.

*Then all the complaints of trying to hold the TV to the mount while installing the screws. If you look at the pictures on Amazon you'll see the center screw hole is a "keyhole".

1. Hold the mount to the wall and mark the 3 hole locations on the wall. On the center keyhole you want to only mark the narrow slot at the top.

2. Drill (3) 3/16" holes.

3. Install center screw into the stud, but leave a small gap between the head and the drywall, you can even use the mount to test whether the slot in the "keyhole" passes behind the head.

4. Lay your TV face-down on a safe place like a mattress or a table with a comforter over it. Place the mount over the back of the TV and install screws.

5. Position the mount so the wall mounting plate is reasonably close to the TV and as close to center as possible, and simply hang it on the wall to the center lag screw through the keyhole. That should help with the weight while you screw the top lag in, then the bottom. Don't tighten anything completely until all 3 screws are in, then make sure it's level or plumb.

That's it. This is an inexpensive, very well built product that solves a simple problem. I'll be ordering more for my PC monitors and future customers ASAP.
5858 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 28, 2010
OK - at first I was very skeptical to purchase a very inexpensive $25 wall mount for my 40" LCD Samsung tv set since most people used it on a 32" LCD or smaller set. However, this wall mount FAR EXCEEDED my expectations and rivals $200 wall mounts in terms of functionality and pars $125+ wall mounts in terms of construction quality. I am an intermediate to advanced level DIY-er, but don't work with my hands for a living, and managed to get this mount installed perfectly. One person can do most of the installation, but once you are ready to mount the LCD, you will need some assistance holding it up and positioning the LCD in place (I used an empty box with a pillow help raise the set, and my wife's help to position it in place). My LCD is located in the corner of my living room over a fire place. Given the fact the LCD is at a high location, I wanted a mount that not only can be positioned to rotate left and right, I wanted it to be TILTED downward towards the viewers/ sofa couches. This mount has more features than many others out there(my friend paid $180 for his mount at a retail store and doesn't have all the adjusting options). If you know what you're doing, you will have no problem with this mount. It even allows 'some' degree of user error by letting you rotate the LCD clockwise and/or counter clockwise from a standing position in case you did not use a leveler or measure properly. All necessary screws, bolts and instructions were included for my set.

Here are a few tips to make this product absolutely incredible:
*If you apply just a single drop of lubricant (I used Finish Line Cross Country Lube) at each rotating/moving joint, this wall mount will have the motion of a smooth high end articulating arm that seems to have ball-bearings!!.. it is SMOOTH and STURDY!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 7, 2009
This wall mount is great. It is constructed very well and was easy to install. It looks clean and discreet on the wall and provides virtually 180 degree swivel for my 32 inch TV. It came with all needed hardware to mount to the wall including heavy duty wall anchors for the wall screws that did not hit a wall stud. The only complication was that I had to get the correct bolts for mounting the TV to the mount itself (the product did come with two different size bolts for this purpose but neither was the right size to mount the TV to the bracket). I found the correct bolts very easily at my local hardware store.

After hanging the TV (32 inch BestBuy Insignia - Approx 30 lb. with mounting holes 200 X 200) I am very confident my TV is secure and safe. In addition, the product is very well priced. Local stores wanted $100-$150 for similar mounts. WOW!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 17, 2010
This mount is perfect for my 37" Vizio (VO370M).

- Very sturdy and easy to adjust
- Fit my TV perfectly without need to rebore holes in the bracked
- Took about 45 minutes from opening the box to surfing the channels
- Why would anyone pay hundreds for another mount?

Keys to Installing:
> Get new hardware - the bolts are too short to get a good grib of a wall stud through drywall and longer bolts make for a more secure connection to the TV
> Get help - very easy to install with 2 people, might be tough attaching the TV to the mount on the wall by yourself
> Don't over tighten - make sure all bolts and connections are secure, but leave a slight amount of play for final adjustments and leveling. Also, the hinges work best when tightened about 85%, this means the mount folds and extends easily but doesn't sway or rock too much.
> Manage cables - I used zip-ties to secure the cables to the arm for a clean look. Make sure to leave enough slack for the arm to bend and extend.
on September 10, 2014
Provided screws "walked" across the stud, thus causing one to slide out. TV fell off the wall. TV survived, but not sure about my Xbox and Blu-ray player. For the flexibility and the rated weight limit, it should be a two stud setup.

Of note, the metal is very solid and did not give at all even with the fall.

Would not buy again
review image
2121 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 9, 2014
[...]

I bought the mount, and its fine. For $26 bucks, if you want a mount like this, its not super sturdy, but it does the job.

Here is the problem though. I bought this item on Amazon, from seller: Warehouseseller. In the listing, at the time i bought it (Jan 2013) it specifically said "BONUS, Free HDMI cable and level"

But when the TV mount arrived it had no HDMI cable or level. Not the end of the world, but slightly annoying. I contacted the seller, and they said "oh that model does not come with a Free HDMI cable and level".

I wrote back, explaining to them that the listing says it does, sending them a link to the listing, where it could clearly be seen that it said "Free HDMI cable and level".

They replied "nope, it does not say that".

what? i thought, so i took an actual screenshot of the listing (where it could be clearly seen that it said "Free HDMI cable and level"), and a separate screen shot of my order (showing that that was the exact model that i bought).

They then wrote back, saying that was not the model i bought.

Huh? they were just jerking me around, i sent another email to them showing my order page, my order number, and the exact item purchased, and they said "oh we used to include an HDMI cable and level, but we dont do that anymore".

I wrote back, "well all thats nice, but can you send me the Free HDMI cable and level listed?" they replied "no" saying they would not do that.

So, i was like, wow, what a bunch of scammers, i contacted Amazon, and they agreed with me. Amazon apologized, and Amazon even refunded me the money, AND said i could still keep the TV stand. So ultimately (due to Amazon) it worked out OK, but seriously, be very wary of this seller.

Also, not for nothing the customer service emails from Warehouseseller back to me were not only not helpful, but they were very rude as well. AND... it says in the listing "Please report to amazon.com if you receive a mount without VideoSecu logo." The TV Mount i did recieve works Ok, but it does not have the VideoSecu logo. Which (to be honest) i am not too worried about. But clearly they are selling knock-offs (although it still works), and they are rude, and they scam customers. As such, i can only recommend that you do not buy from this seller.
2323 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 21, 2015
I just installed this unit with a 55" television. Build quality appears pretty high, and came with a HDMI cable that is working great. Level is a little small, but it was a nice inclusion anyways. A really great thing about this mount is that the plate connection allows for the TV to rotate up and down, but it also swivels around the connection axis---so essentially, if you don't have the mount completely level----you can rotate it enough to make it level. Nice touch. Great deal, would buy this again in a heartbeat.
review image
on December 28, 2013
Guess I just received a third party product.
Couldn't find any VideoSecu logo on the mount.
Some of the screws appear rusty as well
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 5, 2011
If you need an articulating mount for a mid sized tv this is it. Durable and simple to install. You just need to do a good job finding the center of the stud and drill pilot holes for the lag bolts. The articulation points have adjustable tension, the center swivel on the tv can turn 360 degree's and tip up and down--basically, you can move it in any direction. Another nice feature is that the vesa mount on the tv is bolted on to the TV, then it 'clips' on the main mount and is secured with to screws (you don't have to install the VESA screws directly to the mount while it's on the wall). If you don't need the full articulation it folds tight (3 inches) to the wall. It easily holds up my 32 inch sanyo (25 pounds), it's rating of 66 sounds resonable when fully extended for safetly reasons. When it's not extended the mount will hold 200 pounds without issue. Oh and it's cheap, comes with a DVI cable I used right away for the DVD player, and has a cheapo magnetic level--that is accurate.
review image review image
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I purchased this for my 32" Panasonic LCD TV which is in my bedroom. I wanted to get the TV a little higher up and off of the dresser surface. I asked my landlord to install it for me and he had no problems whatsoever. He works for Bosch Corp. so he knows a thing or two about quality hardware and he assured me that this thing was heavy duty. He was even impressed with the quality of the bolts that were supplied. He jokingly said that he could have mounted my Chevy Impala on that thing, so I have no doubt that this is a quality product which fit my needs perfectly. I paid less than $20.00 about a month ago on Amazon and bundled it with something else to get free shipping and I am glad I didn't wait any longer. The arm swings out from the wall and the TV also swivels so there are so many ways you can adjust the viewing angle. A 32" TV is probably the limit, but for a bedroom, that is all you need. Don't wait, buy it.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations