Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now HTL

on December 8, 2009
I needed a Wall Mount for my 32" Sharp AQUOS. After a little research, I found that
this flat screen TV had an unusual Bolt/Mount pattern (400x400). I Chose the VideoSecu long arm LCD wall mount bracket with removable mount adaptor plate (black) ML520BE. I found out later that the info from the internet abouta 400x400 bolt pattern was incorrect. It is actually a 200 x 200 pattern. Either way, the installation was very easy. This brackett is recommended for a max weight of 60lbs. It actually supports my entire weight of 175lbs. With a small bit of help from my daughter, I was able to attach the TV. This mount is great, you can adjust it (your TV) to anyposition you desire. I will be purchasing 2 more. 1 for my daughters room (27" Flatscreen) and 1 for our family room (42" Flatscreen). I highly recommend this to everyone.
Thanks For Reading... Dave
on February 3, 2012
Mounts of this type which are designed to hold TVs over about 20 pounds tend to be ridiculously expensive. Most inexpensive mounts I've seen have been either flush-to-the-wall mounts with little or no rotation ability, or they've been for very light TVs. The key for me is that I wanted a mount which would allow a 30 pound 27" TV to be pulled away from the wall far enough that it could then be rotated as much as possible in either direction. This mount allows us to move a 27" TV far enough from the wall that it can be rotated almost 90° - nearly perpendicular to the wall. EXACTLY what we needed.

I have to agree with reviews which say that the instructions are somewhat lacking - mine came with 4 steps printed on the box lid and no other documentation. The graphics were very minimal and lacked frame of reference, particularly the part illustrating the mounting plate (the bit connected to the TV) and it's connection to the arm (the bit mounted on the wall.) The instructions for connecting the TV to the mounting plate show the use of 4 extension arms which are included in the packaging, but the square mounting plate itself looks to me like it's drilled for every VESA standard pattern you'd find on a TV light enough to use this mount.

Despite the sparsity of documentation, anyone who's reasonably mechanical in nature is probably going to have no more trouble working it out than I did (took me about 20 minutes to figure out and hang.) The mounting plate design is fantastic. The mounting plate hangs on the arm by a large screw and washer at the top and is secured at the bottom by two small screws. You remove those before hanging the arm and take the mounting plate off. The mounting plate then can be attached to the TV separately and once that's done hanging the TV/Mount Plate assembly is as easy as hanging a picture. I was able to do it without having another person available to hold the TV up while I tried to attach screws.

Also completely missing from the documentation is any mention of the plates (one on each section of the arm) which are easily removed (two screws each) and which clamp the TV cables to the arm. They don't conceal the wires fully, but they do restrict them from moving around or getting pulled as the TV is re-positioned and generally improve the aesthetic appearance of the wiring.

The unit is extremely solid. All of the connections were tight and once the TV was mounted on the wall there was no wiggle or looseness of any kind. The mount articulates easily and with the cables secured under the above mentioned plates there is no catching or binding of the wires.

Mine came with an absolute plethora of screws and bolts and nuts, including four large screws for mounting the arm to the wall stud, as well as large and impressive looking dry-wall anchors for stud-less mounting. The arm itself and my TV are both pretty heavy, so I don't think I'd have been comfortable hanging the unit using the drywall anchors, but they're there if you want to. Having actually seen an used this mount now, I'd feel pretty comfortable hanging a TV even larger than the maximum advertised size of 46", though obviously one does so at their own risk.

One of the other reviews above says that no spacers or bolts for connecting the TV to the mount were included, but mine DID come with two different-sized sets of spacers (to separate the wall plate from the back of the TV in case you need a larger gap for wires.) There were no bolts suitable for connecting the mounting plate to the back of my TV, but as with most TVs and monitors I've mounted, the same screws that used to hold the table-top stand on to the TV were the correct size for connecting the mounting plate, so I just used four of those.

Overall - an extremely fantastic purchase. The next-cheapest wall-mount (other than the same mount under other brand names) I could find that met my primary need (being able to pull the TV out and rotate it to the side as far as possible) was over $100 more expensive, and I don't feel like I've had to make any compromises at all with this mounting arm.
on December 27, 2011
Update 12/3/2012 - nearly a year of use and the mount still works perfect. No complaints whatsoever.

First the actual use is awesome, but a couple flaws make it lose a star.
How we are using it : Holding a 40" LCD with VESA 400 x 400
Based on some of the low reviews either some people have received different mounts from other vendors or some changes have been made to the product. People saying it's flimsy and didn't include standoffs or hardware did not receive the same mount I did.

* Smooth articulation - all bolts at articulation points use a metal ferrule to make it extra smooth without any slop or play.
* tilt function has dual lock bolts with convenient handles - NICE! If you ever had a mount that you had to break out the allen wrench to adjust the tilt - you'll really appreciate this mounts tool-less adjustment!
* Adjustment at tv attachment in case mount wasn't installed dead level
* Very solid - even though this mount attaches with a single bracket to the wall it has zero sag.
* All the bolts, screws and washers included are each individually bagged.
* Includes lag screws and concrete bolts ***see con below concerning hardware***
* looks to include all possible screw types and spacers for most TVs
* powder coating seems very well done and doesn't chip/scratch easily.

* no cover plate for wall mount bracket - I have a very identical mount that didn't come with the vesa 400 adapter and it came with a cover plate that covers the bolts going into the wall. For a full articulating mount that could leave the wall mount exposed this looks bad. Its a cheap plastic part to manufacture and should be included
* Hardware - The bolts locking the arms use nylock(locking) nuts, but the rest of the bolts and nuts, including those that hold the adapter do not use lock nuts or lock washers. Luckily just a trip to the hardware store to get replacement locking nuts makes an easy fix.
* The VESA 400 adapter is either wrong or my tv manufacturer is wrong(I didn't measure it but I tend to believe the TV manufacturer wasn't the one in error). The adapter uses 2 bolts on each of the 4 adapter arms. Attaching the adapter as such was short on the bottom of the mount. I had to attach the top two arms with the 2 bolts and the bottom arms with just one to make it line up(or drill a hole in the arm). Given that these are non locking bolts to begin with being only attached by one bolt makes me very nervous!
* I hesitate to call this a con- no level or template included. In most mounts i've installed that included a level in the box or attached to the mount I had been disappointed in the quality so used my own level anyway and I recommend others to do the same. If you have no level at your disposal already though this may be a con. Also no template in the box,but removing the plate from the rest of the unit is very easy and I prefer to use the actual plates over a template anyway.

The bottom line - Given price and function this unit is recommended buy.
on December 9, 2010
This unit is well made and seems sturdy for TVs up to 42". I'm not sure I would go much larger or heavier with this single arm/single stud mount. The variety of holes provides an opportunity to secure many different TV models.

Note that this unit does not come with a selection of hardware (ie bolts) to secure it to your TV, nor does it come with any spacers or standoffs to mount the TV to the mounting plate, which would be required in some cases. I'm giving this mount only 3 stars because you invariably will need to track down extra hardware, and the MFG website is basically non existent. The manufacturer could provide PDF templates online, installation videos, known incompatible TV models etc to help consumers decide if the mount is for them and if it would even fit their TV before purchase.

Unfortunately this unit is not compatible with Panasonic TC-P42 and perhaps other similar Panasonic models (smaller and larger). The problem is that this mount completely obscures the power input jack on the TV. There was no possibility to modify it to work without severely compromising the integrity of one of the mounting ears or using long standoffs which I did not feel would be secure, so I had to return the unit. Before purchasing this unit, be sure your power input jack or other jacks are nowhere near the center of the TV or anywhere in between the mounting holes for that matter - because this unit obscures nearly everything between the TV mounting holes.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2010
Update February 2012: I ended up using dry graphite several more times, because I didn't want any greasiness from WD40 or 3-in-1 around the open TV ports. The graphite definitely loosened up the joints quite a bit after multiple applications - a little too much, in fact. So I recommend only about two or three applications of the stuff - more may leave you with a TV that just swings towards the lowest gravity point it can find.

One of the other reviewers of this product states that the mount advertises itself incorrectly as a VESA 400x400, and says that it is actually a VESA 200x200. This reviewer is mistaken - the mount is good for both configurations. It's main backing portion is 200x00, but it includes four wings that extend it to 400x400 when screwed together (though the current product photo makes it look like it's all one piece - this may have been a design update done since I purchased my mount). This multi-piece backing may make you wonder whether it is fully as stable as a solid piece backing - from my experience, it has been.
Original review:

I have an unusual screw configuration on the back of my Samsung UN40C5000 (it is a 40-inch, weighing 26.7 lb.): VESA 400x400. This mount, with the brackets on, fits the TV perfectly. It took some wiggling and trial-and-error to adjust the brackets to line up correctly with the screw holes in the TV, but it wasn't too difficult. We left the brackets with a tiny bit of play at first, then tightened everything down once we got the TV lined up correctly. 1 person held up the TV from the screen side while another lined up the mount in back, screwed in as many of the four screws as possible, and made adjustments to the brackets in order to line up the remaining screw holes. Of course, we didn't allow the mount to take the weight of the TV until we'd tightened the brackets, after first screwing in the TV.

The joints of the arm are a bit stiff - per another reviewer's suggestion I sprayed dry graphite in them. This helped a little bit for about two weeks, but now the joints are very hard to move again. I think I will try WD-40 or 3-in-1 next time because the graphite left black streaks on the wall behind the mount. So it remains to be seen whether the joints will need to be lubricated this often or not - I will update when I find out.

One thing - it seemed that not all the hardware was included for installation. In order to screw the brackets onto the mount, you need eight M6 screws, but we only found six in the package. Also, the six that were included were very short, and this worried me a little. So I called a few hardware stores until I found one with metric screws (If you don't already know, that's what M6 and M8 mean - 6 mm. and 8 mm. width. They're a bit harder to find than standard screws. I ended up finding them at Home Depot. Maritime hardware stores also commonly carry them.) and bought eight that were a little deeper than the included screws. No big deal; just thought I'd mention this.

All in all, I am very impressed with this mount. The wall base is narrow enough to fit on one stud - huge plus! I almost didn't order it because I thought this narrow base might make the mount a bit of a lightweight, but it became clear as soon as we installed it that it supports my TV's weight well. The mount and brackets don't block any of my ports or the power connection, but I'd definitely recommend keeping this possibility in mind for other TVs when looking into this mount.
on April 29, 2012
This mount helped me out tremendously and I highly recommend, but keep reading for some 'things to know'.

- The build is top notch. Very sturdy durable metal.

TV Mount:
- I used this for a Samsung 46" LED with a 400x400 VESA footprint. The included hardware matched perfectly, however the M8 screws provided were either too short or too long. I had to make a trip to my hardware store to get some new M8 bolts (1.25 threads) and a few washers to stack on each. Whatever you do, don't let the bolts 'bottom-out'. It'll damage the TV.

- I used the included wood screws into studs. Don't even think about mounting this with drywall anchors. It's not going anywhere if you're into good wood.

Articulating Arm:
- The arm has a couple of cable management channels. The movement is smooth. My TV weighs around 30lbs and doesn't seem to sag at all.

- You can adjust the tilt (forward and back)
- You can adjust the roll of the tv (for leveling)

Installation In General:
- Two people are best but you could do this by yourself provided enough patience and planning.

Things to know:
- The TV comes with tons of fasteners, but ultimately you will have to make sure when mounting the TV, the bolts are the right size and depth.
- I'd buy another if I needed one.
- I've read the older reviews and the issue with the 400x400 arms not lining up seem to be fixed.
- It is rated to 88lbs, but I'd stay far below that just for piece of mind sake.
review image review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2013
This is a VERY versatile wall mount. I would and probably will buy again.
- Fits almost every VESA configuration. This is great as often times retailers will list the wrong sizing on a T.V.'s specs and you have to return the mount.
- Provides many screw types for mounting bracket to T.V. This is useful as sometimes you are provided with the incorrect screw type with mount.
- Fits rounded backs / straight backs
- Easy to install.
- Installs into wood stud or concrete
- Very flexible arm. Pivots +/- 7.5º up or down. Can turn left to right. Can pull out about 2 feet or so. Or it can push the T.V. flush against the wall.
- Price. This is dirt cheap for a quality product.
- Seems sturdy. I'll update if it falls off the wall.

- Requires Drill, Socket Wrench, a stud to mount it on (no drywall mounting). Note: This is going to be common among T.V. mounts, but this is still a con in my book as it requires more tools/resources.
- INSTALL TIP: Instructions fail to mention that screw caps should be removed before fastening the mount to the wall. Failure to do so will require you to unscrew the mount and pop the caps off and fasten the mount again. Not too difficult, but frustrating when you're holding up this mount against the wall and trying to keep level while your wield your socket wrench.
- The vertical angle pivot could be bigger
- T.V. requires a special wrench (provided with mount) to adjust tilt.
on January 26, 2012
I bought this mount for a Samsung 43" 3D plasma TV that was to be mounted on the wall of my kids' playroom (formerly our living room). My TV is about 30 lbs and requires a 400x400 mount, according to the Samsung manual. After opening the box, I thought that the mount looked really small and my husband thought that there was no way that it would hold up our TV. In fact, it is really deceptively strong and has no problem holding up the weight of the TV. It came with all the hardware which surprised me since some reviewers said that it didn't come with the mounting hardware. It actually comes with plenty of extra because depending on your TV, you may need different sized bolts from someone else. Drilling the holes and mounting the arm into a stud on the wall was simple. One thing to note is that if you are mounting it on a stud, probability is that it will not be completely centered. No one seems to notice that our TV is not centered though. It is centered over the furniture so it looks centered. We were moving right along with the installation until we tried to screw the 4 bolts into the 400x400 holes on the plate to the back of the TV. It didn't fit. The holes didn't line up perfectly with the holes on the back of the TV. It was off by about a cm but that was enough to make it impossible to bolt to the 4 holes on the TV. My husband was not happy and took the plate with him Home Depot to look for a metal drill bit to make the hole bigger. Instead, the tool guy at Home Depot did it for him so he didn't buy a new bit. We then finally mounted to TV to the arm and all was good. The mount is very nice and it was easy to install. We sprayed it with silicon spray to make it easier to move. I'd buy it again, but the manufacturer would fix the alignment of the 400x400 holes.
on January 5, 2012
Bought this for a 32" Apex LCD. This TV has a VESA 400 X 200. Had to use the extenders to fit but everything lined up well. Had the whole set-up mounted on the wall with the TV in about an hour. The bracket is heavy duty and solid. It was a little stiff to move at first but loosened up once mounted. Overall I am very pleased with it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2011
First the good:
It mounts securely to the wall and is discrete. It also looks quite nice and gives the TV a lot of mobility . Overall I like the product a lot.

However, the bracket holes did not match up with my Sony Bravia 46". I had to put on the extensions but it still did not fit in the holes provided. So I had to drill 2 new holes and expand one already made hole.

But this was ok, since this thing is made out of sturdy steel and it doesn't compromise the integrity of the unit at all. It just made a bit more work for me to get it all to fit properly. Now it's mounted and looks great! And for the price it's a great deal.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse