Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: VideoSecu LCD/DLP Projector Vaulted Ceiling Mount Bracket with 22.4-Inch Extension Pole - Black PJ2B 1C9
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 26, 2010
This was my first every Projector installation and i chose this over numerous others because this mount seemed to have multiple axis caliberation options and i was right.
The mount itself is nice and compact - good quality and very sturdy. I mounted Optoma HD20 - It took me a few mins to figure out how to align the base clamps to fit the 3 mounting holes under HD20 (Had to reverse one of the inner clamps) and it fit perfect.
I think in the earlier reviews, where ever the reviewers have mentioned that assembly was required or it did not fit the projector right out of the box - well - its a universal mount, and YOU have to figure out how best to utilize it.

All the bolts/hardware needed for my installation care right out of the box. After aligning and tightening the screws, there is no projector shift or movement. I rate this product 5 stars.
33 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2012
Used this mount with my NEC vt770 projector. It fit perfectly with the hardware that came in the box. The instructions were a little confusing, but I figured it out. The mount is lightweight, but strong, and holds together well, ie; no sliding or movement. It's designed to be very adjustable, which is great. I would highly recommend this product!
review image review image
on May 21, 2010
Application:
I bought this for use with my Epson 8100 projector to be mounted to a 9 foot high ceiling in my basement.

The good:
The manufacturer/vendor takes care to ensure you have all of the required mounting hardware for any of the configurations which this piece can be used. Every screw, nut, bolt, washer, bushing, etc was accounted for in the pack.

Although not needed for my application, it included a telescoping pole for vaulted ceiling mount. I should note, that even with this piece included it was still priced lower than others that did not include this option.

The black color is ideal for blending in.

The design of the mount makes it very versatile and adjustable. I appreciated that when I was mounting the projector. The design is such that it allows you to pivot the project at three separate points. This was very useful when aligning the projector to the screen.

The bad:
Unfortunately, it did not fit my projector (Epson 8100). It would not align with the mounting holes on the projector. However, as mentioned above, an additional mounting bracket was included. (The unit ships with two short and two long mounting brackets. A third long bracket is included in the pack.) With this extra arm, I had to do a little bit of work with the Dremel to elongate the slots in the mounting brackets. Once this was complete, I had to slightly reconfigure the mounting assembly to use three instead of four of the mounting brackets (again, credit to the flexibility in the design). Finally, I was able to mount my projector.

I found the paint to scratch easily. While this should not be of concern, as you will seldom encounter a situation where you may scratch the bracket, I thought it was worth mentioning.

Overall:
I guess at the end of the day, it does the job. Once bolted to the ceiling, the adjustable nature of this mount was a huge benefit. I would have rather not had to modify it to fit my application, but it wasn't a huge hassle. All in all, knowing what I know now, I would still purchase this piece for mounting my projector.
44 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2014
I have seen several reviews here stating that this mount is not compatible with this particular projector. I can say for a fact that this mount is indeed compatible with this projector with minimal effort. To mount this projector, unscrew one of the feet from the slide, turn it 180 degrees and remount it in the slide. All three of the mount points should then be well within the range allowed by the bracket, and the resulting center of gravity is almost dead on to the projector.

This mount isn't perfect, the lag bolts that secure the mount to the ceiling do have a tendency to strip if you attempt to screw them in with a phillips head bit. The fortunate thing is that even if this does happen, you can still use a socket wrench to screw them in or out, so it's not a huge deal. All in all, it's a good, solid and stable mount for a pretty good price.
VINE VOICEon October 1, 2012
I have owned a few projectors over the years and never bothered using a ceiling mount bracket.
This time, I wanted to change my configuration and the use of a ceiling mount felt necessary. I searched Amazon for best rated (and cheapest) products that may suit my needs.
So I ordered teh Video Secu PJ2B...
I have only installed it yesterday. What can I say about it?

- It comes with all the bells and whistles. I mean screws, dry wall anchors and so on
- It is telescopic.
- It is easy to set the projection right with it because there are horizontal and vertical and even diagonal adjustments.
- It was affordable.
- It allows for a better ventilation of the projector.

Why is it better than using a fix stand? Because of the 3rd reason I gave for instance. Now it is perfectly set, no need to fiddle with it anymore. It is also secure from children's reach (apart from the cables). It also allowed me to move my bookshelf to another place (I was using it as a stand).

Conclusion, perfect! I find myself a bit stupid for not having done that before. I will later take a picture of my install and post it with this review.
on March 31, 2014
Beware, Amazon recomends this as an add on for a lot of projectors, including the one I bought, ViewSonic PJD7820HD, but it doesn not fit. Check your specs for mounting on your projector before you purchase this. On top of that, many of the holes drilled did not fit the included hardware. So, the instructions, while clear and well written, were not effective. I will be returning for a full refund. I spent many hours forcing this thing to work the way it was supposed to in the first place.
VINE VOICEon February 16, 2008
The 'universal' tag line means there's some adjusting to do, but it's not too complicated and the box contains every type of screw and fitting imaginable. Projector installed in a record 30 minutes!
on October 6, 2013
I used this to mount my ViewSonic PJD5134 projector to a vaulted ceiling.

It does not line up to the holes on the projector very well, but if you spin one foot around backwards, you can get three of the four brackets attached to the projector. Once tightened down, it becomes very secure.

I bought a stud finder, and used the included bolts to mount it to the ceiling. Fairly quick and straight forward, and like others have said, this is a very solid mount.

On top of its obvious usefulness as a projector mount, I feel that during an zombie apocalypse, this would also serve as a very good weapon.
on September 9, 2010
Overall, this is a 4 star review---> why, because at the end of the day, the mounting bracket works as it should.

The unit is quite intuitive to put together overall. I really didn't need much in the way of instructions to put it together and attach it to the projector. This is definitely a good thing since the directions were quite vague. It was less directions than a picture of the pieces of the unit arranged with arrows showing how each peice fit into the next. There are quite a few spare parts that come with it, including many extra screws (which I assume fit various different projector brands).

I did end up having to make some alterations in order to get the universal mount to line up with the mounting holes on my projector. Once mounted to the projector (the hardest part by far), bolting to the ceiling was next. Make sure you have a GOOD quality stud finder so that you attach to a wooden crossbeam in your ceiling. Because I ran the wires through my attic, it was easy to mark the crossbeam when I dropped the wires, but it's important the make sure you are mounting to solid wood, not the ceiling drywall.

Once mounted, the best feature by far of this product came into play. You can literally move your projector in multiple directions until you have the image exactly where you want it. Between the pivots on the projector mount, the additional pivots on the bracket where it attaches to the projector mount, and the telescoping arm, it's quite easy to move the projector whatever direction you need to move it, and then tighten in place with the allen wrenches included with the kit.

I'm sure there are better mounting brackets available, but at this price, I think this is the best you are going to get.
on November 4, 2013
This is a very cumbersome projector mount. The adjustments did not quite fit the projector I used even though it was a universal mount. Once mounted it was difficult to make the fine adjustments. I would not recommend this mount.