Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 11, 2012
This product was exactly what I needed and more. It actually exceeded my expectations. I know it's just a simple mounting bracket, but I was actually expecting something much 'chincier' and I wasn't sure if it would even be tall enough. So when it arrived and was a good solid metal and the perfect height you can't help but appreciate when things go your way.

I used the Videosecu Camera Mounting Bracket to mount my iPad on a tripod. This product is the perfect companion to the Grifiti Nootle iPad Tripod Mount:
1212 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2011
I was looking for a mount for the baby monitor video camera and this seemed to fit the bill. It has a lot of mounting options, several extension tube lengths included, so it was easy to get the correct position for the monitor. It's made with some heavy duty metal, so it feels solid...

...except for the ballhead it comes with. It seems like it should work well, but it's the worst, most finicky ballhead I've ever used. Granted, it was cheap, but getting it to stay in one spot was troublesome. I should have gone with a GorillaPod or something and mounted the camera directly to the crib rail. Once you have the ballhead tightened up enough to keep everything in place, do NOT touch it, as any slight bump seems to knock the ballhead loose again.
on June 21, 2012
This broke the first time I used it. It appears to be made of cheap pot metal and the welds are very poor quality. Mine broke where the screw stud comes out of the round base. The weld that holds that stud on there broke, so the stud just spins now. Totally useless, now, for my wall application.
on October 6, 2012
Just like everyone else have mentioned in their reviews, this universal camera mount is worthless. The build in my experience, is pretty good - that is the weight, the connecting joints and mounting bracket. Where it fails is its functionality and this is isolated to the ball head joint, the most important component in this kit. It doesn't stay put no matter how tight you screw the thumb-screw in. I purchased it as a recommended product when I purchased the Agasio M105I Outdoor Wireless Wifi Waterproof Bullet IP Camera with IR-Cut Filter, Two-way Audio, Night-Vision, Email &. Guess I'll be using the bracket that was included with the camera. From the look of the video review and a handful of other viewers, it's a hit or miss with a larger probability range in the "miss". If you are considering this joint, you're gambling your $5.00 unfavorably away.
on March 7, 2015
This is a very well built and sturdy mount. Read the directions on the box and you shouldn't have any trouble with it changing positions. The beam I attached it to has an uneven surface so I only had to tweak the ball head a little to get the camera level but again it is very sturdy. I used all of the extensions for a great setup but if you need more length then just buy more as the price is very good. The picture of the pool is from the mounted camera.
review image review image review image
on January 2, 2008
I use my 6" Universal Camera Mounting Bracket to hang my 8-inch Digital Picture Frame,
on July 30, 2012
I purchased the VideoSecu Universal Adjustable Camera Mounting Bracket 2-6" with T-bar Clip as recommended with a Grifiti Nootle Ipad Tripod Mount (For 2 and 3) with 1/4-20 Thread to Fit Any Standard Head You Already Use.

The design quality of this mount is as low as the price, similar to the Nootle iPad Tripod Mount which also looks like a crudely fashioned high school tech class project. It can work which warrants a couple of stars in my book, but not the way you might expect.

The main feature of a universal camera mount is the ball joint. This unit does not provide a secure nor easilly adjustable position for an iPad. I can't fathom using this for a ceiling mount as it purports to be useful for. And if it were to be mounted on a desk top or wall, you should not expect this to be easily adjustable. It takes a fair amount of patience and fiddling around to get the unit set the way you want.

Here is what I think you might expect that this product lacks:
No finished surface on the shaft nor any O-ring against which the ball would rotate if it could be tightened against one or the other. The ball may not be round as well.
No compression threads on the shaft or the cylinder that contain the ball to provide an adjustable pressure on the ball, both components you would expect in a ball joint.
No secure connection between the wheel you would expect to use to tighten the screw of the mount into a camera or Nootle iPad Tripod Mount. You have to tighten it by turning the shaft or the iPad mount to secure them together.

Instead, the designer provides a side thumb screw that requires you to push the cylinder down on the shaft and then tighten to "lock" it in place. The plastic wheel on this mount provides no purpose except a stop for the screw.

When you think you have it adjusted and secured, if you move it, it immediately becomes loose and can't even support the weight of the screw, much less an iPad. They may as well have skipped the ball joint and given you two heads, a 90 degree and a 180 degree mount. Any other position seems useless.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 16, 2014
Well I paid $7 for this at the time of this review. I don't know if the price has changed by the time you read this, but if it has gone up then I would deduct more stars.

I have to say that I like the kit and all the pieces that come with it. It does allow for a ton of versatility in mounting. I am using it for a pico-projector upside down. I used the 3 screw round mounting base to install it on the underside of an overhead compartment in an RV. That part was easy. The base is solid enough.

The problem I ran into was the swivel mount. The side knob does tighten the ball into the socket and does an ok job. The threads on the screw knob are not machined very precisely and it is a little bit hard to turn and to know when it has become tight enough. Also there is an allen screw near the knob that has to be tightened to stop the rotating of the whole ball-socket assembly on the base. The kit did not come with a small allen wrench and none of my standard sizes fit it. It must be metric. I was able to tighten it some, but not enough to be secure. So overall it is very hard to tighten everything down with any type of precision (which is very important for a projector to get the image straight on the screen).

This is a cheap mount and it works well enough for mounting things that don't have to be precision aligned. But for anything else this is not quality enough.
on October 1, 2012
I guess you get what you pay for. The ball would not lock in any position, no way no how. A waste of any amount of money.
on January 25, 2013
I bought this item in spite of the negative feedback I had read about it. I figured that I could work around the item's shortcomings. I had to do so.

I formatted this review on my screen. It may not appear that way on yours.

This mount's design concept is adequate. It is poorly implemented. Here is why.

1) The ball did not have a smooth surface. This means that if it was clamped on a ridge point it could slip
down the slope on either side of the ridge into the adjacent valley. It did so multiple times as I tried
to lock it into place. This of course destroyed any lock of the ball that I had set.
2) The locking mechanism relies on the thumb screw contacting a sloped portion of the shaft at 90 degrees
that allows the 360 degree rotation of the mount. This would have worked well had two things existed in
the design and manufacture of the device. a) The tip of the thumb screw was flat as in the tip of a
typical bolt. It should have been round or cone shaped. b) The flat tip of the thumb screw did NOT come
in contact with the sloped surface of the shaft. It contacted the largest diameter of the shaft at a
point just above the sloped surface. This made it impossible for the thumb screw to lift the shaft upwards
against the bottom of the ball. Conversely it made it impossible for the mechanism to pull the collar
downward against the top of the ball so that the bottom of the ball was clamped against the top of the
shaft.
3) I was surprised to find that the collar was not steel.
4) I was shocked to find the threads of the thumb screw stripped after heavy finger torquing while attempting
to get the locking mechanism to actually lock the ball and then hold that lock. (see comments above for
the reasons for the failure to lock).

What I did to fix the problems...

1) I abraded the surface of the ball to remove the ridge/valley irregularities in its surface.
2) I was lucky to be able to replace the thumb screw with a regular bolt. Amazed was I that the collar's
threads were intact enough to hold -- it not being steel. That says something bad about the thumb screw.
3) I carefully and with large expenditure of time and a few metal fragments in my finger tip, rounded the
tip of the replacement bolt.

All told I spent about 2 hours bringing this product into a functional condition.

You have been warned. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT UNLESS YOU HAVE THE TIME AND WILL TO DEAL WITH ITS SHORTCOMINGS!

One additional note... The workmanship present in the mount that I received was so shoddy that I am inclined
to suspect that it may be a counterfeit. I have no way to prove or support my suspicion. I leave that to the
business and legal entities that should have a vested interest in that sort of thing.

Rod

For me to believe is insufficient for you to know. -- rodalsa