Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 11, 2012
This product was exactly what I needed and more. It actually exceeded my expectations. I know it's just a simple mounting bracket, but I was actually expecting something much 'chincier' and I wasn't sure if it would even be tall enough. So when it arrived and was a good solid metal and the perfect height you can't help but appreciate when things go your way.

I used the Videosecu Camera Mounting Bracket to mount my iPad on a tripod. This product is the perfect companion to the Grifiti Nootle iPad Tripod Mount:
1212 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2011
I was looking for a mount for the baby monitor video camera and this seemed to fit the bill. It has a lot of mounting options, several extension tube lengths included, so it was easy to get the correct position for the monitor. It's made with some heavy duty metal, so it feels solid...

...except for the ballhead it comes with. It seems like it should work well, but it's the worst, most finicky ballhead I've ever used. Granted, it was cheap, but getting it to stay in one spot was troublesome. I should have gone with a GorillaPod or something and mounted the camera directly to the crib rail. Once you have the ballhead tightened up enough to keep everything in place, do NOT touch it, as any slight bump seems to knock the ballhead loose again.
on June 21, 2012
This broke the first time I used it. It appears to be made of cheap pot metal and the welds are very poor quality. Mine broke where the screw stud comes out of the round base. The weld that holds that stud on there broke, so the stud just spins now. Totally useless, now, for my wall application.
on October 6, 2012
Just like everyone else have mentioned in their reviews, this universal camera mount is worthless. The build in my experience, is pretty good - that is the weight, the connecting joints and mounting bracket. Where it fails is its functionality and this is isolated to the ball head joint, the most important component in this kit. It doesn't stay put no matter how tight you screw the thumb-screw in. I purchased it as a recommended product when I purchased the Agasio M105I Outdoor Wireless Wifi Waterproof Bullet IP Camera with IR-Cut Filter, Two-way Audio, Night-Vision, Email &. Guess I'll be using the bracket that was included with the camera. From the look of the video review and a handful of other viewers, it's a hit or miss with a larger probability range in the "miss". If you are considering this joint, you're gambling your $5.00 unfavorably away.
on March 7, 2015
This is a very well built and sturdy mount. Read the directions on the box and you shouldn't have any trouble with it changing positions. The beam I attached it to has an uneven surface so I only had to tweak the ball head a little to get the camera level but again it is very sturdy. I used all of the extensions for a great setup but if you need more length then just buy more as the price is very good. The picture of the pool is from the mounted camera.
review image review image review image
on January 2, 2008
I use my 6" Universal Camera Mounting Bracket to hang my 8-inch Digital Picture Frame,
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 16, 2014
Well I paid $7 for this at the time of this review. I don't know if the price has changed by the time you read this, but if it has gone up then I would deduct more stars.

I have to say that I like the kit and all the pieces that come with it. It does allow for a ton of versatility in mounting. I am using it for a pico-projector upside down. I used the 3 screw round mounting base to install it on the underside of an overhead compartment in an RV. That part was easy. The base is solid enough.

The problem I ran into was the swivel mount. The side knob does tighten the ball into the socket and does an ok job. The threads on the screw knob are not machined very precisely and it is a little bit hard to turn and to know when it has become tight enough. Also there is an allen screw near the knob that has to be tightened to stop the rotating of the whole ball-socket assembly on the base. The kit did not come with a small allen wrench and none of my standard sizes fit it. It must be metric. I was able to tighten it some, but not enough to be secure. So overall it is very hard to tighten everything down with any type of precision (which is very important for a projector to get the image straight on the screen).

This is a cheap mount and it works well enough for mounting things that don't have to be precision aligned. But for anything else this is not quality enough.
on July 30, 2012
I purchased the VideoSecu Universal Adjustable Camera Mounting Bracket 2-6" with T-bar Clip as recommended with a Grifiti Nootle Ipad Tripod Mount (For 2 and 3) with 1/4-20 Thread to Fit Any Standard Head You Already Use.

The design quality of this mount is as low as the price, similar to the Nootle iPad Tripod Mount which also looks like a crudely fashioned high school tech class project. It can work which warrants a couple of stars in my book, but not the way you might expect.

The main feature of a universal camera mount is the ball joint. This unit does not provide a secure nor easilly adjustable position for an iPad. I can't fathom using this for a ceiling mount as it purports to be useful for. And if it were to be mounted on a desk top or wall, you should not expect this to be easily adjustable. It takes a fair amount of patience and fiddling around to get the unit set the way you want.

Here is what I think you might expect that this product lacks:
No finished surface on the shaft nor any O-ring against which the ball would rotate if it could be tightened against one or the other. The ball may not be round as well.
No compression threads on the shaft or the cylinder that contain the ball to provide an adjustable pressure on the ball, both components you would expect in a ball joint.
No secure connection between the wheel you would expect to use to tighten the screw of the mount into a camera or Nootle iPad Tripod Mount. You have to tighten it by turning the shaft or the iPad mount to secure them together.

Instead, the designer provides a side thumb screw that requires you to push the cylinder down on the shaft and then tighten to "lock" it in place. The plastic wheel on this mount provides no purpose except a stop for the screw.

When you think you have it adjusted and secured, if you move it, it immediately becomes loose and can't even support the weight of the screw, much less an iPad. They may as well have skipped the ball joint and given you two heads, a 90 degree and a 180 degree mount. Any other position seems useless.
on October 1, 2012
I guess you get what you pay for. The ball would not lock in any position, no way no how. A waste of any amount of money.
on May 31, 2012
I am using this as a ceiling mount for my Video Camera.

I think I understand the problem with the adjustment that people are having. There are two set screws, as has been mentioned by previous reviewers. The thumbscrew - the larger set screw - is the one that should be tightened first. Neither set screw is designed to touch the sphere. The thumbscrew, when tightened, secures the sphere to the mount by pressing against a cone shaped base on the mount below the sphere.

To make the angle adjustment secure, the thumbscrew should be tightened first. So first make sure that the smaller allen wrench set screw (2.5mm) is sufficiently backed-off before tightening the thumbscrew. Then tighten the thumbscrew; and finally, use the 2.5mm allen wrench to further reinforce the fit.

Enjoy. I think this is a great mount with a lot of options, and a good value.