5.0 out of 5 stars This camera changed my mind......
Published on December 11, 2011 by LoJack

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the same camera as before
I have ordered this camera over 25 times...It used to be a great camera with a 1/4 sony ccd chip that was stamped (made in japan)
now the housing and ccd have changed for the worse...it is now a generic 1/3 ccd sensor...I want the old camera back...
This has become typical business practices of large amazon super sellers like videosecu
Published on January 24, 2012 by Lumanator

5.0 out of 5 stars This camera changed my mind......, December 11, 2011
This review is from: VideoSecu CCTV Home Surveillance Outdoor IR Bullet Security Camera Color CCD Day Night 24 Infrared LEDs with Bonus Power Supply IR24W C2M (Camera)
About 420TVL CCTV cams. First off, let me say that I read all the reviews on this camera. Twice. I could not believe the positive glowing things being said, since this is only a 420TVL cam. I usually turn my nose up at anything below 540TVL's. But since I was getting one more cam for the inside of my garage, I surmised that I could bump my high requirements down. I own 10 cameras (I have a 8 channel DVR, and a 4 channel DVR---watch out! once you get into installing CCTV cams around your house, you just might get bit by the "bug"....Camera Acquisition Syndrome!!) LOL!! I also installed my entire system. I really enjoy educating myself on the details of this. Since I am retired (ex-NASA employee) I have plenty of time to putter around. But, back to my review...the camera arrived in just a few days. I unboxed it and first thought...what a small camera! And I really didn't think that 26 IR led's would suffice to even see anything in a dark garage! ( I have installed motion lights in my garage to cut down on the electric bills. I've got them set to five minutes of inactivity. There are always those family members who 'forget" to turn off the lights after exiting the garage. Anyways, I got the camera mounted, went to my DVR room in the house, and plugged in the included 12volt adapter. (By the way...this is a 'switching" 12Volt 500ma adapter, so they ship a qualilty ac adapter. ALL of my cameras have the regulated switching adapters plugged into an uninterruptible supply. Yes, I am kind of anal. haha.) As soon as I inserted the adapter's plug into the camera cable...WOW! This camera seems to be sharper than my Sony 540TVL Super HAD camera!! Yes, the reviews are true! These are not fake reviews! This camera is razor sharp. I don't know how 420TVL can produce such a wonderful image. very, very detailed. I am running this through an Insignia LED/LCD TV ("hybrid"). It is a 32" TV. And the night vision is remarkable. Extremely clear and sharp.

As a final write up, I have always made it a point to refuse to buy the 1/4" CCD chip. I always went for the 1/3". Nowhere in the listed "specs." on this camera does it say that it is 1/4" ccd. So, I just "assumed" it was. When I opened the box and read the sheet, there it was-- 1/4" ccd. I felt that I had made a big mistake. Well, after seeing what this camera produces, I have also changed my mind on the 1/4" ccd. By the way, this camera is IP55 rated. Just for those who want to know. Here is what IP55 means, for those who really want to know:

"Ingress of dust is not entirely prevented, but it must not enter in sufficient quantity to interfere with the satisfactory operation of the equipment; complete protection against contact.

Water projected by a nozzle (6.3mm) against enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects." Wikipedia.

So, it seems like it's good enough for my application. But my other cameras are at least IP65 rated. However, they are outside, not in a garage. The first IP rating digit (5 in this case) is for dust, the second (also 5) is for water.

I am extremely happy with this camera and might even order another to put under the tree. For myself! LOL. BUY THIS CAMERA IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN INEXPENSIVE SOLUTION TO FIGHT CRIME. You will see how the UPS guy really delivers all your packages. haha. WORTH EVERY PENNY. Free shipping sealed the deal.

The only that I don't like is the color. White. But, that's just nitpicking. I can easily remedy that with a spray paint job. Now, where did I put my X-Acto knife!

LoJack

5.0 out of 5 stars Good camera for a low price!, January 21, 2012
Unfortunately, the people with whom we live around seem to think we're in old west Deadwood. There are so many criminals on our block,it's astounding! After the crazy cat hoarder next door continually vandalized our property we bought this and it works great! We've had one inside for about six months and recently installed one outside, each facing different directions. The night vision is clear and everything records nicely. The range of this camera is spectacular, about four houses in each direction per camera. Aside from knowing when people are messing with our property, we find it somewhat amusing to watch the drug dealer across the street as a never-ending stream of cars make quick stops. Anyway, the cameras are easy to install/use. If you live near trashy, uncivilized people, this is a good option until you can move.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, like viewing angle, April 16, 2013
I bought this to add to my camera setup. Mine are currently all bullet type from Harbor Freight, which work good, but mainly straight line of site with blinders type view. Original one covered my truck and most of driveway, this one covered my entire front yard. The viewing angle is phenomenal. even better you don't get the whole fish eye look from the angle.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm ordering another one!, December 7, 2011
Maxcat (SoCal, United States) - See all my reviews
I spent far too much time researching these bullet cameras but I'm glad I relied on the reviews here. I was in search of a replacement/supplemental camera for my Q-See system. I had installed my Q-See cameras and while I was happy with the coverage for the areas that allowed for the cameras to get a "long" shot, the performance of the Q-See cameras for tighter distances is poor. No wonder, they are 4.8mm cameras with a much limited field of view. The images produced by the Q-See cameras and their Sony CCD are nice and the night vision is good but having installed one of these VideoSecu cameras, I'm ordering another one. The daytime image quality is very close to on par with the Q-See camera with perhaps just a little less sharpness but we're not talking about HDTV here so I'm fine with it. The night vision is as good as the Q-See. (EDIT: After a couple more nights with the VideoSecu side by side with Q-Sees, I have to give the edge to Q-See in the night vision department. There seems to be a little bit of a bluish interference with the VideoSecus. The Q-Sees seem clearer at night. The night vision range is about the same. I'm still happy though. Price versus overall performance is still good.)

There seemed to be several excellent VideoSecu cameras here on Amazon but none of them offered the mounting option this one does. I have done an under-eave mounting with my cameras and these mounted are very accommodating. They mounts have quite a range of motion and can be mounted under or behind the camera. The range of motion blows away the Q-See mounts too.

The main reason I bought this camera is the 3.6mm lens. It was a good choice. The field of view is significantly better than with the Q-See's 4.8mm. I have posted a couple of cellphone camera snaps of my security monitor showing a before and after of the same location where the camera was mounted in the same spot at about 20 feet up. If you need a wider field of view, these cameras are great and the price makes it a steal. (EDIT: Added two more comparison photos after buying another one of these cameras. I am even more pleased with my purchases!)

Note about Warehouse Seller: They were fantastic! I have bought cables and this camera from them and they were extremely fast. My orders were processed within hours and to my door in under 3 days. (EDIT: Second camera I bought was shipped and received almost as fast. I'm still happy.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Camera at a Great Price., October 23, 2010
Pros: Clear picture, both in color(daytime)& in B/W (nightime).
Strong infrared LED's, nightime vision 40+ ft.
Well built. Good bracket.
Price.
Cons: Audio would be nice.

From experience I can tell you that for the price you will not find a better product, so much so that after receiving this camera just yesterday I ordered a second one today.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value cam, October 15, 2010
so far this unit is working great, easy to setup and solid metal case suitable as a outdoor camera. It also has a "cap" cover useful for rainy days. The wiring might need to be made a little bit longer. It's a great value product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the Price, November 17, 2010
rca (Texas,USA) - See all my reviews
This camera is hard to beat for the money. Works great right out of box. I wanted surveillance for front door, this fits the bill perfectly. Image is sharp & clear. I considered another brand from another source but decided on this one. I couldn't be more satisfied & happy with my choice. For my purpose this is the one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the same camera as before, January 24, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars NO WARRANTY!, June 12, 2012
My title says it all. This camera was perfectly adequate while it was working, but after about six months it simply stopped functioning altogether. Most other cameras in this price range carry a one year warranty. If you visit VideoSecu's website you won't find any links to RMA, service, warranty, support, or just about anything else except products and sales. You don't have to spend much more to get an equivalent camera with an actual warranty. VideoSecu's bulk RG59 Siamese video cable is an excellent bargain that I would purchase again, but I can't recommend their cameras or power supplies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value/Outstanding Performance, April 29, 2011
David J. Murphy (Largo, Florida (Tampa Bay)) - See all my reviews
Don't let the small size and price fool you! This little powerhouse is up to the task! Great picture quality and small size is only two of it's best qualities. Night vision is acceptable considering the relatively small number if IR's at 26. Installation is a snap! Completely weather proof...has handled Florida storms and humidity with nary a burp! A must buy! My next camera will also be by Videosecu but will be Model WA4, Need the extra IR range (56 IR's) and the mic (questionable neighbors!) Little more money but the mic, 50 cable and power supply is included.

Rate and Discover Movies