Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on August 27, 2010
*UPDATE 11-10-11* Apparently the design and sale of this mount has changed since my original review. It's now easier to install, and comes with an HDMI cable and level. Otherwise, most of my review still stands.

I was planning to make my own TV mount because all the affordable ones were so cheaply made. That was until I stumbled on this one for $25.

Wow, was I surprised when it arrived! Very nicely double-boxed and packaged extremely well. Then the construction is quality all the way, right down to the chrome-plated nuts, screws and bushings. This mount was manufactured and boxed as if it were a high-dollar item.

It only took about 15 minutes to have my 37" LG firmly hanging on the wall. Oh, and I did it all by myself.

I can't comment on the mount-to-TV screws because my LG already provided them. And I did use my own 5/16" flat washers on 2 of the lag screws since none were included, but that's just my preference.

I highly recommend this mount, I would have been happy to pay double for such quality.

Now, as usual, many of the reviews here are misleading:

*Dismiss all reviews that talk about adjacent studs, or difficulties getting screws to grab at an angle. This thing BOLTS TO A SINGLE WALL STUD VERY EASILY! Just like what's shown on the instruction sheet, you simply screw 3 of the lag screws down the center of the mount. That's all that's needed, the other holes are just a bonus for more complicated setups. DO NOT PUT 6 OR 7 LAGS INTO A STUD! You will probably shred or weaken it. Crash goes your TV while ripping a chunk of 2x4 through your drywall.

*Dismiss the reviews that mention short lag screws. They are 2", that's a depth of almost 1 1/2" into the stud after going through 1/2" drywall and the mount. If you drilled roughly 3/16" to 1/4" diameter pilot holes and didn't over-tighten your lags, it should be fine. I've mounted mine twice now, using the same (provided) lags.

*I have no idea where this review came from that complains about an adjustment knob getting in the way. My mount doesn't have any kind of knob on it whatsoever, perhaps they are commenting on a different model. There's a tilt adjustment, but it uses a wrench and doesn't protrude anywhere. The ONLY BAD PART I'VE FOUND is that cheap stamped sheet-metal wrench to tighten the tilt mechanism. No problem, I just used my own 13mm wrench instead.

*Yes, the mount can be somewhat stiff. Like another reviewer stated, just lubricate it. I used a few drops of 3-In-1 Oil in the joints.

*And bad reviews from people who didn't research or check to see if their TV or monitor is VESA compliant. That also includes the ones who didn't check to see if the mounting plate will block off their inputs. The plate is about 8 1/2" square, it shouldn't be that hard to see if you'll have a conflict. Besides, in the description it says, "Please make sure what mount your TV needs before you place order. If you are not sure, please send us a message. We will check for you." So they are giving a nice product bad reviews because they simply didn't read the description.

*Then all the complaints of trying to hold the TV to the mount while installing the screws. If you look at the pictures on Amazon you'll see the center screw hole is a "keyhole".

1. Hold the mount to the wall and mark the 3 hole locations on the wall. On the center keyhole you want to only mark the narrow slot at the top.

2. Drill (3) 3/16" holes.

3. Install center screw into the stud, but leave a small gap between the head and the drywall, you can even use the mount to test whether the slot in the "keyhole" passes behind the head.

4. Lay your TV face-down on a safe place like a mattress or a table with a comforter over it. Place the mount over the back of the TV and install screws.

5. Position the mount so the wall mounting plate is reasonably close to the TV and as close to center as possible, and simply hang it on the wall to the center lag screw through the keyhole. That should help with the weight while you screw the top lag in, then the bottom. Don't tighten anything completely until all 3 screws are in, then make sure it's level or plumb.

That's it. This is an inexpensive, very well built product that solves a simple problem. I'll be ordering more for my PC monitors and future customers ASAP.
7373 comments|1,467 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2016
Based upon some of the reviews, I mounted support brackets between two studs and using a heavy duty toggle bolts, mounted the wall mount. It went up in about 90 minutes and is solid! Used heavy duty screws to assure it will not fall from the wall.

Kit includes level and cable as stated and is great! Articulates out and nice adjustment of the angle. TV looks great!
on July 19, 2015
Wanted to share my experience with this mount when mated with the LG 42LF5600 TV. I ordered the mount anyway, despite seeing all the users who said it doesn't work with this model TV.

While it is true that LG's placement of the inputs (in the middle of the back of the unit) is not ideal for most all full-motion/articulating wall mounts on the market, this VideoSecu ML531E mount does work and allow just enough clearance for the power cord and HDMI cable - but only if you use the spacers provided with the TV in conjunction with the plastic sleeves (spacers) provided in the mount kit.

1. Attach all four expansion arms to the mounting plate a per the wall mount instructions and photos.
2. Screw the two spacers included in the box with the LG TV into the BOTTOM two mounting holes on the TV. Attach the mounting plate using the 10cm length screws included in the wall mount kit (see photos)
3. Attach the top two expansion arms of the mount to the TV using the plastic sleeves/spacers and 20cm length screws - all included in the wall mount kit

That's it. Using the spacers in this manner provides the clearance needed for your power and HDMI cables.

I took an extra step and used a 90-degree HDMI adapter - simply because I had a 3-pack on hand for other TV's. This was not necessary as I could have plugged my cable directly into the port first, then attached the bottom right expansion arm to the TV.

Use the photos as illustration, it might help tell the story better. I provided a photo of the two LG spacers as well as the 90-degree HDMI adapter. If you don't have the LG adapters or threw them out already, you can easily come up with a couple more spacers and longer M6 screws at your local hardware store.

Hope this helps folks out who thought this mount was not compatible with the LG 42LF5600 - or provide enough confidence for new buyers with this model TV to install it properly without hassle.
0Comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2014
[...]

I bought the mount, and its fine. For $26 bucks, if you want a mount like this, its not super sturdy, but it does the job.

Here is the problem though. I bought this item on Amazon, from seller: Warehouseseller. In the listing, at the time i bought it (Jan 2013) it specifically said "BONUS, Free HDMI cable and level"

But when the TV mount arrived it had no HDMI cable or level. Not the end of the world, but slightly annoying. I contacted the seller, and they said "oh that model does not come with a Free HDMI cable and level".

I wrote back, explaining to them that the listing says it does, sending them a link to the listing, where it could clearly be seen that it said "Free HDMI cable and level".

They replied "nope, it does not say that".

what? i thought, so i took an actual screenshot of the listing (where it could be clearly seen that it said "Free HDMI cable and level"), and a separate screen shot of my order (showing that that was the exact model that i bought).

They then wrote back, saying that was not the model i bought.

Huh? they were just jerking me around, i sent another email to them showing my order page, my order number, and the exact item purchased, and they said "oh we used to include an HDMI cable and level, but we dont do that anymore".

I wrote back, "well all thats nice, but can you send me the Free HDMI cable and level listed?" they replied "no" saying they would not do that.

So, i was like, wow, what a bunch of scammers, i contacted Amazon, and they agreed with me. Amazon apologized, and Amazon even refunded me the money, AND said i could still keep the TV stand. So ultimately (due to Amazon) it worked out OK, but seriously, be very wary of this seller.

Also, not for nothing the customer service emails from Warehouseseller back to me were not only not helpful, but they were very rude as well. AND... it says in the listing "Please report to amazon.com if you receive a mount without VideoSecu logo." The TV Mount i did recieve works Ok, but it does not have the VideoSecu logo. Which (to be honest) i am not too worried about. But clearly they are selling knock-offs (although it still works), and they are rude, and they scam customers. As such, i can only recommend that you do not buy from this seller.
3131 comments|898 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2015
This is the most poorly designed mount I have ever used. I'm a tv installer and have used this mount three times in the past three days. First of all, I mounted two 60" tv's and one 55". If you don't have a stud in the right location you had better make sure you purchase better wall anchors than the ones provided. It's pretty terrifying the amount of pressure this puts on an 8" rectangle of drywall and I'm nearly certain that at some point that drywall could break free and bring the tv crashing down. Do not use this for anything over 42".

Second, for some reason the screws they supply to secure the mount to the tv just don't work, They're either too long or too short, and the design of the extension arms, with raised slots, has proven to cause more problems than not. luckily I've held on to leftover screws from other installs, but I still had to use washers and/or spacers to make it work.

Please use extreme caution when using this mount.
review image review image
33 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2016
Overall this mounting bracket is solidly made and a great buy for the price. The only thing I would recommend is, if you are going to need drywall anchors, do not use the ones included--they are definitely sub par (see included pics). While you shouldn't be mounting a ton of weight with this thing, I would still recommend at least using a beefier anchor, if not toggle bolts. Other than that, I have no complaints and will soon be thoroughly enjoying my wall-mounted tv... Just as soon as I patch the hole in my wall.
on September 10, 2014
Provided screws "walked" across the stud, thus causing one to slide out. TV fell off the wall. TV survived, but not sure about my Xbox and Blu-ray player. For the flexibility and the rated weight limit, it should be a two stud setup.

Of note, the metal is very solid and did not give at all even with the fall.

Would not buy again
review image
4949 comments|600 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2015
It's marked as the best seller and seems great but in less than a week this wall mount has destroyed my wall and my tv. Thankfully no one was hurt but I will now have to repair my wall and replace my TV.
review image review image
2222 comments|460 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2015
Says it works with "most 22"-55" - VESA 400x400 mm" most being the key word. I could not get the arms to fit my TV properly. It would only work if I added one screw to the arm instead of the required 2 screws (see attached photos). The result was the arms were not stable and the bolt to the screw goes underneath the arm, which makes it VERY difficult to properly tighten. I could have taken a chance and mounted it, God forbid the screw came loose and the TV dropped on the floor. I called customer service to figure out what I was missing. The agent on the phone, a woman, was one of the rudest agents I have ever experienced in MY LIFE. She was short with me and said it works on all TV's 'so to speak', if it doesn't work then I am doing something wrong. I said does it fit on ALL Vesa 400x400? No she said, but even if it doesn't it can. But the worst. Even if I decided to proceed with the unstable assembly. The arms covered the power cord outlet and the component outlets on the back of the TV. So I couldn't use it, and still turn on the TV regardless.
review image review image
22 comments|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2015