VideoSecu Universal Satellite Speaker Mounts / Brackets for Walls and Ceilings (White,Black Available)
|Price:||$8.99 - $22.74|
- Ideal for mounting home theater satellite speakers on walls or ceilings
- Supports speakers weighing 10 pounds or less
- Made of durable, weather resistant, injection molded fiber resin reinforced polymer
- Multiple tilt and swivel pivot points allow perfect directional speaker aiming
- Designed to fit home theater satellite speakers with one threaded mounting hole, two threaded mounting holes or keyhole mounting systems
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The mounts are very stable once you tighten everything down - which is easy with the included tools. I have yet to hear any vibrations or other bad interactions from these mounts.
My guess is that the nylon/plastic construction will actually help provide both good stability and audio isolation without rattles or buzzes for many years.
The only interesting bit is that on the Energy speakers, the mount is not quite flush due to the other mounting bracket on the speaker. This actually produces just the right amount of tilt such that the speakers are pointing slightly downwards toward the listening area (and await from the ceiling).
This device is all plastic and tightens with a hex tool. It is not complicated and easily holds the 10 pounds it is meant to hold. If mounting on the ceiling and angling the speakers I would drop that weight limit to about 5 pounds. The extra strain on the mount would have been well accommodated by a 4 - hole mounting base rather than a 2 - hole base. But you are buying the bargain brand at the bargain price and will be considered a complete dip if you flap your gums that it doesn't work or feels cheap.
Mounted on my ceiling and properly holding my speakers not one person has accused me of using cheap mounts. The fact is I knew my lightweight speakers did not require a crazy mount so I did not buy one.
With these mounts you get 3 options for attaching to your speaker. They will accommodate speakers that have the screw in female connector on the back. I assume this would work well for Bose acoustimass. There is a two hole connector that is identical to the wall connector that can be used for speakers in the upper range of the weight limit. And then there is the small connector that connects with one screw and will fit in tight spots on a very small speaker. I am using the smaller connector and it is working great.
Bottom LINE! These mounts are very easy to install and when used by someone with a fifth grade or higher education they are an exponential value and a fantastic mount.
I did tighten the screw that holds the speaker to the bracket a bit too much on one and it bent the plastic, but I was able to bend it back, rotate it and then tighten again with no problems; be careful with that.
Though to begin with I was a little worried about how well these groveless plastic mounts will hold my speakers. But now after installation I find them pretty secure and solid I am confident that they will hold well. But I would keep an eye on them every now and then just in case. The reason I went ahead with these mounts is exactly due to the detailed feedback from the Amazon reviewers great job everyone. It is only fair that I do my share so here it is.
I though a bit about how many stars does this deserve and I think it should be 4 the reason for the missing star is as follows
1) Plastic Threads: The machine screws that need to be tightened to hold the joints together are running on plastic threads that could be damaged easily.
2) No Grooves: The could have easily provided some grooves in the joints such that the joints do not come off just by pulling hard at both the ends. Due to the lack of this weight carrying capacity is low especially in the ceiling mount posting. The 10LB weight might not be suitable for all mounting scenarios I would say be use caution when planning to use these mounts.
3) Slippage: No matter how tight you tighten them there is a certain amount of slippage around the joint in a circular fashion i.e you can turn the speaker (not pull) but turn it around the joint.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These mounts work well. The one thing I would say is the weight rating is more like 8lbs max.Published 11 hours ago by Teddy O
these speaker mounts allow for unlimited flexibility. These, in my ind, are the best for the $$Published 23 hours ago by Brian Abel
so dissapointed with your product. it has literally cost me time and money. my contractor is waiting to mount speakers and this is missing a piece. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Miss D.
Did the job. Can be shortened if youd prefer your speakers closer to the wall.Published 3 days ago by Robert
Very nice, simple and highly adjustable. Lots of mounting options and hardware included.Published 4 days ago by Chris
Work great with my key-hole speakers, and they are super easy to install. They come with all of the hardware you could ever want, you'll end up with a bag full of pieces... Read morePublished 5 days ago by PaddymanChris
Very reasonably priced DIY home speaker mounting. I drilled a hole to pass the speaker wire to hide it a little better as it enters the wall, but otherwise no modifications and it... Read morePublished 7 days ago by MMM