Published on March 13, 2012 by Jimmerz48

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't do it
Published on November 21, 2011 by 48N116W

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't do it, November 21, 2011
This review is from: VideoSecu 2.4 GHz Wireless Security Camera Set Night Vision with Audio Microphone for CCTV DVR Home Surveillance System WAH (Electronics)
Do not fall for the 5-star ratings on this thing. I relied on them (the ratings) and I admit I did not closely read the "Product Description" before I made my purchase, but come on! My expectations were not that high considering the price, but this thing is pure junk. The video is fine as long as the cameras and receiver are right next to each other. Any more than a few feet apart (as in three feet), even indoors, the video is so bad that it's useless. Signal interference?? I have no nearby neighbors, and turning off every other wireless device in my home made no difference. Claims of "interference" is their cover for an inferior product. As they say in their own description: "If you need a clear and stable image, do not purchase the wireless video camera". I agree. If you want to completely waste your money on a useless unusable product, by all means buy this one. I give it -5 stars. I wish I had heeded oldcoot's review...

2.0 out of 5 stars BE CAREFUL, October 12, 2011
DONT TRUST ALL THESE 5 STAR REVIEWS....INSTALLED CAMERA 60 FT AWAY FROM MONITOR AND IT WOULD NOT PICK UP...MOVED IT CLOSER..WOULD NOT PICK UP...BROUGHT IT IN THE HOUSE...BINGO..IT WORKED...ITS JUST NOT WHY I PURCHASED IT...ALSO IS BLACK AND WHITE ONLY, NO COLOR AT ALL...

1.0 out of 5 stars JUNK!, December 21, 2011
When I received this unit, one camera out of the box did not work. After several emails to the company I just gave up trying to get a replacement or RMA. At one point they even told me to connect it direct to the tv and let them know the result. How exactly do you connect a WIRELESS camera to a tv without the receiver? You can't. These cameras will completely disrupt any WiFi receiver, and are easily disrupted by bluetooth, and cellphones. These units are crap, save your money and by the good ones, or better yet get a wired system. You will be much happier in the long run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product Review of VideoSecu 2.4 Ghz Wireless Security Camera., March 13, 2012
Pretty slick little cameras, about the size of a Medium Tangerine in diameter. By rights there should be 4 units in the box there's room for 2 more on the CCTV-DVR system, and that's my next goal is to purchase 2 more of the cameras only, I took them outside and set them up with power and went back inside and checked them out after dark "they're just fine in the day time" BUT, the IR system is lacking plenty, however, what do you expect for under $100.00, YA'GET WHAT YA PAY FOR, and I've seen systems twice the price with less resolution at night. These go for about 65' then it fades pretty fast, REMEMBER a 9Volt battery will only run one of these for about 15 minutes "at best" so you need the external DC power that's included, ALL IN ALL I'm very happy with what I've got, they'll work just fine for my purposes. I'd recommend them to those who want a inexpensive CCTV-DVR system.

1.0 out of 5 stars this is junk! dont waste your money!, March 7, 2012
I get interference, shadows, and cuts out even 2 feet from receiver. This is junk. I will try Sams club.

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't be more pleased, March 27, 2012
I don't know what the neg reviews are for; these are great cameras. I've got them hooked up outside and I have the receiver inside located in the back bedroom for night watching. Both cameras are picking up quite well and the night vision is spectacular. Now I can rest at night knowing all I have to do is wake up and check on my vehicle and front porch. I intend to get two more cameras for the unit... excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Security Camera, December 23, 2011
Don't buy this, It's sold by third party and not Amazon. The unit is not wireless, you have to plug the cameras into a 110 volt outlet, it means you have to rewire the cameras and find outlets to plug the cameras inside the house. The third party is not responsive to questions nor he/she return telephone calls. The manual is confusing and very hard to read. I returned the item and I was not given full refund. Do not do any business with this outfit, you will be sorry!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, June 28, 2013
This camera uses the 2.Ghz wireless frequency and so can interfere with your 2.4GHz wireless router, phones etc. It only has four preset channels, so if you have four such cameras it is sure to render your wireless router useless.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says it does., March 5, 2012
I bought these from Amazon a couple months ago and they do what they say they do. There is little interface if they cameras are close to the receiver and much more interface when the cameras are far away from the receiver. I would only recommend buying these if you plan to set up the cameras close (10 feet) to the receiver or little blockage between the cameras and the receiver. If you need constant perfect image then I would recommend something else.

Two more things I must add:

1) When the 2 cameras are installed, you only get 1 camera's image at a time, but they switch back and forth. If you order more cameras, it will be 1 image at time, round-robin style.

2) The power cords on these are short (~3 feet). I wanted to install them on the outside of my house, but can't seem to find the right power extender cable online. The ones I found are about 2mm connectors and these are like 1.5mm??

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, June 16, 2012
The only thing from stopping me from sending this junk back is that I waited too long. I've had two different good geeks try and hook this junk up and ... nothing.

Maybe it's worth something as scrap metal.

Rate and Discover Movies