Customer Video Review     Length:: 5:15 Mins
Great program to create professional-looking video in minutes. Also included is a very easy to use screen capture program, which I used to create this short video review. The learning curve is all about playing around with the program and features, which is what I did in the video. Also included are Facebook and YouTube sharing options.
Published 17 months ago by Dmitry Kristal

2.0 out of 5 stars Incompatibility with Windows8
I purchased this update for the Auto Music/ Smart Sound feature. The Windows 8 operating system on my new desk-top computer is incompatible with this feature and until the engineers figure out why this glitch is happening, I cannot take advantage of it.
Published 13 months ago by Sara P Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Create professional-looking video in minutes with this Corel suite., June 20, 2013
Dmitry Kristal (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Length:: 5:15 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Faster, easier than Elements Premiere, April 22, 2013
This review is from: VideoStudio Pro X6 [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
This software does most anything an amatuer would like to do with a video, from capturing to output. I have been using Adobe Premiere Elements for a couple years and enjoyed the results but I was constantly struggling. Even with a pretty new desktop, just opening the program would take forever and if I hadn't used it in a few months had re-learn. Corel's Video Studio X6 does everything I need (and lots more) way faster than Premiere and far more intuitive. I especially enjoy time-lapse, and pan and zoom on images and found this powerful and easy. I'm still a huge fan of Lightroom but will avoid Adobe sloware other than that. Don't be afraid if the price seems too low!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and Robust for Beginner and Advanced Users, May 13, 2013
Shawn (AKRON, OH, United States) - See all my reviews
With VideoStudio Pro X6, Corel has once again created an amazing program. It's great for beginning video editors, providing a set of easy to use and understand tools. If you use iMovie or Windows Movie Maker, this is the next logical step in your evolution.
For Intermediate and Advanced users who don't need all the options provided by Adobe Premiere, this is a great program that includes everything needed for professional looking video and disc production without all the overblown (and computer-crashing) options of other programs.
I find it to be perfect for personal projects, such as YouTube videos, making slideshows and burning discs for friends and family.
However, I also use it to edit media that I will later use in Adobe Premiere and After Effects, when I don't need to call out the over-the-top functions of those programs.
It offers a comprehensive suite of transitions, themes and titling options. It also has stuff I've never used (like making 3D movies and stop motion) but it's nice to know they are available if I should want to try them out.
And, of course, it's significantly cheaper than other products; it offers the best bang-for-the-buck on the market.
The documentation is easy to understand and covers everything you might want to do. Plus, there's plenty of online resources to investigate if you don't find your exact answer in the manual.
I highly recommend Corel VideoStudio X6!

4.0 out of 5 stars Advanced & easy to use, but 2nd in speed & search, July 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Corel VideoStudio Pro X6 is a stable advanced multifunctional video editor only 32-bit that is surprisingly easy to use thanks to the clear and simple interface. It has a multitude of tools for making the video funny, supports the 4K Ultra HD (4K UHD) resolution of 3840 pixels × 2160 lines (8.3 megapixels, aspect ratio 16:9) and 3D/3-D (three-dimensional)/S3D (stereoscopic 3D) media, creation of the video Web pages in the HTML5 markup language, as well as the motion tracking allowing adding text, effects, and objects that follow a moving element. It has unparalleled stop motion capability to create high quality animated movies.

However, VideoStudio renders (processes video) 25-33% slower than Pinnacle Studio 16 Ultimate and CyberLink PowerDirector 11, as it is not a full 64-bit application (app), but on par with Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 and Adobe Premiere Elements 11, and lacks organizational tools of the Elements, like tags and search for effects or media, and allows just 20 overlay (video) tracks (Elements - 100).

VideoStudio performs multiple cuts/trims (e.g. removal of unwanted TV adds) better than the Elements and Movie Studio, shines where it counts, and lags where it does not.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid software for those with less video editing experience, June 7, 2013
almosthappy (San Diego, CA, California) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't have a huge amount of video editing experience, and the Corel VideoStudio software seems to fit my needs really well. I reviewed both this software (VideoStudio Pro X6) and the VideoStudio Ultimate X6 (VideoStudio Ultimate X6 [Download]). Both versions are relatively inexpensive and have a lot of useful features, like motion tracking, variable speed control, and a subtitle editor. I have successfully edited several home videos with this software and was able to add a lot of features that enhanced them quite a bit.

The main advantage to spending the extra money for the Ultimate version of the software is the addition of the Visual Effects Package from proDAD, Boris FX, and New Blue. Some of these features are extremely useful, like the image correction and video stabilization. Others are helpful addons if you are interested in adding fancier transitions and graphic effects to your video. The small increase in price is almost certainly worth it if you think you might use any of these features.

Ultimately, I gave the product 4 stars because, even though it is more user friendly than some other video editors I have tried out in stores, it still could use more thorough tutorials to give new users a better sense of how to operate the software.

4.0 out of 5 stars Initial review of Video Studio X6, May 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used a number of video authoring program over the years including products by Honestech, a couple of Arcsoft versions, two prior versions (X4 and X5) of Corel Video Studio, and I've even played with Lightworks a bit.

Historically, I've found myself using Arcsoft Showbiz for the easy stuff and latest version of Video Studio for tasks that require greater flexibility. I had hoped for this version of Video Studio to be even more flexible and easier to use than it's predecessor and, on my initial evaluation, it is.

The User interface seems to be significantly improved over Video Studio X5 (vastly improved over X4). Editing is easier and the increased disc burning flexibility is a plus. I don't do on-line video or have a Blu-ray burner and so, haven't evaluated those features but discs burned onto DVDs in DVD format appear quite good and AVCHD Discs play seamlessly on my Oppo Blu-ray player and look very good.

The the negatives so far are:
1. There is no fit-to-disc option so you have to be careful with project length.
2. It does not seem to support H264 disc authoring.
3. The on-line only manuals are an inconvenience since my video authoring computer is not on line.

Even with the minor issues above, the overall pluses outweigh the negatives and I expect this to be my editing tool of choice. Recommended.

4 stars I would have given it 5 if any of the above issues had been addressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good - professional quality for everyone, May 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The biggest selling point for Corel Video Studio Pro is its accessibility. There are so many pre-packaged options and automated processes that even the newest video editors can use the package with confidence. No fiddling with formats. No worrying about memory like you do with a professional package.

The current version adds a bevy of new functionality. The track movement capability is very cool. You could do it on a frame by frame basis in earlier versions of Studio, but now the tediousness is gone. Tracking has to modes, area and point, and they worked great in five applications I tried.

It is also the best entry level video editor in terms of the number of formats it can read and render.

Just a couple caveats for truth in lending ... I was delighted to see the subtitling support in version X6. If you are adding subtitles, it is great. If you are doing production off of a script then you can use the voice detector to flag the locations and copy and paste in the subtitles. Even professional packages like Sony Vegas Pro cannot do that.

If there are existing subtitles embedded in a video, the subtitle editor will not be able to read them. The subtitles will be extracted with the import, and those will be carried through the production, but you would not be able to edit or export them.

The import process is a bit more difficult and slower than previous versions of Studio. I was editing and splicing a large collection of videos from contributed takes, and here was significant lag between asking to see a preview and the preview popping up. The segments were not obviously grouped by title either. This is not a show stopper, just a head scratcher as previous versions did very well in this area.

All in all this is a great package at a very affordable price.

In service,

Rich

5.0 out of 5 stars Screen capture alone is worth it, December 14, 2013
I work as a paralegal and am expected to be techno-savvy. I'm not. I have spent so much time and energy trying to get random videos clients send me to fit into powerpoints and into a format to use in my trial programs. There's a lot of conversion programs available but I have not yet found one that works for every situation. (Haven't looked all that hard, but now I don't need to!) This program lets me record specific portions of my screen, sound included, so all I have to do is play the video, the program captures it, and then I pare it down as much as I need to in the editing screen. Done. So easy to use. I was able to figure out what I needed to do within minutes of opening the program. I just sent a bunch of edited videos back to my boss and she was way impressed with what I gave her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Software - Buy It...!, December 5, 2013
Amazon Customer (North Kingstown, RI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VideoStudio Pro X6 [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
All I will say is look no more folks if you are searching for software that will create a video from your computer or tablet. For the folks who do not have a lot of experience in working with this type of software and for the folks with some knowledge, BUY THIS SOFTWARE! Video Studio by Corel sold for this unbelievable low price of only $19.99 is an "AMAZING DEAL AND AN AMAZING PRODUCT." I would have purchased it for ten times the price after seeing how easy it is to use. My story, I purchased the software, I am a member of Amazon Prime, the package was delivered within two days, I installed it and up I was running and creating videos with no knowledge of creating videos using this type of product. This is how easy VideoStudio Pro is to use and understand! I created a music video using music tracks by importing the tracks in and adding some pictures / animated graphics in which Corel VideoStudio does supply as part of the software install. Amazon Prime is a "Hands Down Grand Slam" for the price just to have faster delivery of products and the Corel VideoStudio Pro Software is a hands down win for every person either tech savvy or with no technology experience at all. This software does it all. Once my created video was done, I uploaded it to YouTube with no problems at all. My video has been online for 3 days, I have almost 1000 views. This is how good the software creates a video! Buy It...If my review helped you, please tell Amazon the review helped you! Cheers..

2.0 out of 5 stars Incompatibility with Windows8, October 5, 2013

VideoStudio Pro X6 [OLD VERSION]
VideoStudio Pro X6 [OLD VERSION] by Corel (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)
$79.99 $31.99