From the Manufacturer
Ultimate Video-Editing Software
Step up to the Ultimate version of Corel VideoStudio and explore even more creative possibilities. Captivate your audience with professional video-editing software, Ultra HD (4K) capabilities, and Motion Tracking technology. With Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X6, you get everything that's included in the Pro version, plus a high-end visual effects package from proDAD, Boris FX, and NewBlue.
Premium Special Effects Pack
proDAD Handscript Animation
Turn titles into realistic onscreen handwriting using this powerful tool. Simply type your text and select a handwriting template to achieve impressive results in just minutes. It's the perfect way to add drama and unique effects to your videos.
Create videos in crystal-clear color with NewBlue's high-quality special effects, color correction, and video tune-up tools — all using simple, quick-apply options and customizable settings.
Boris Graffiti 6
From innovative lower third graphics, to credit rolls and type-on animations, add one-of-a-kind effects using built-in text paths, jitter and randomization. Create your own unique looks or draw from a huge library of styles and presets.
proDAD Mercalli SE
Advanced image correction and rock-steady video stabilization.
proDAD Vitascene V2 LE
Fully customizable transitions, filters, and film-style effects.
Animated pen effects for maps, graphics, and photos.
NewBlue Video Essentials
Quick-to-apply transitions and filters.
Create videos for the web, Blu-ray Disc, DVD, smartphones, and tablets. Work with a variety of formats, and get started in just seconds with Instant Projects. Learn new techniques with built-in training videos. Plus, upload to YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, or your own personal website directly from the VideoStudio Ultimate X6 interface. Just select the videos you want to share to upload them instantly and connect with an online audience like never before.
Ultra High-Definition (4K) Video Support
Take your videos beyond high definition with support for Ultra HD (4K) videos. Import, export, and edit high-res photos and take maximum advantage of your DSLR camera's capabilities, or work with videos with resolutions up to 4096 x 2160.
Target and track moving objects on screen and connect them to elements such as text and graphics. Attach a thought bubble to someone walking down the street or place security mosaics over moving license plates and faces.
Customize the movement of graphics, titles, objects, and video clips. It's the perfect way to create dynamic videos featuring picture-in-picture and other pro-quality effects. Plus, save your customizable motion to a Path library for quick and easy reuse.
Evoke drama in a video using slow motion, or speed things up for unique time-lapse effects. With enhanced Variable Speed controls, it's faster than ever to alter the speed in any part of your video without having to work with multiple video clips.
DSLR Stop Motion and Enlarged Mode
Bring the processing power and unique lens capabilities of your DSLR to life and create full-HD stop motion videos using your DSLR camera. Plus, mimic your DSLR camera's controls on your PC or Windows tablet with Enlarged Mode. Just set up and shoot the frames you want—all without jostling your camera.
Add text to accompany the audio in your videos or to interpret another language on screen. The Subtitle Editor saves time and effort by using voice detection technology to instantly match subtitles to the dialogue in your video.
Advanced Special Effects and Animation
Add unique special effects and create cinema-quality stop motion and time-lapse animations. Plus, work with up to 21 multimedia tracks to create your dream video project.
Organize and work with tracks more effectively. With a few simple clicks you can swap overlay tracks without losing any information. All of a track's associated effects, contents, and attributes will be instantly copied over.
Enhanced Screen Capture
Record whatever you're doing on screen and then edit, save, and share it as a video. It's the fast and easy way to create how-to and tech support videos, as well as in-depth presentations. Choose from multiple frame rates to get the look you want. Plus, guide your audience more effectively with animated mouse clicks.
QuickTime Alpha Channels
Import animated sequences with transparent backgrounds using built-in support for QuickTime movies containing alpha channels. Now you can make animations and video effects in popular 2-D and 3-D animation packages and then use them directly in VideoStudio Ultimate X6.
AVCHD 2.0 support
Take your videos further with AVCHD, one of the leading formats for high-definition video. Work with AVCHD 2.0, AVCHD 3D, AVCHD Progressive, and AVCHD 3D/Progressive formats. Additional AVCHD features let you add menu navigation, subtitles, and more. Plus, save AVCHD content to an SD card for instant viewing on SD-compatible devices.
Customizable Random Transition Effects
Experiment and add a unique look to your videos and photo slideshows with your favorite transition effects. Select only the transition effects that you want and add them to the Random Effects category.
- Intel Core Duo 1.83 GHz Processor or AMD Dual Core 2.0 GHz Processor (Intel Core i5 or i7 Processor, or AMD Phenom II X4 or X6 Processor recommended)
- Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP with latest service packs installed (32-bit or 64-bit Editions)
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB of RAM or higher and 1 GB of VRAM or higher recommended)
- Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Windows-compatible sound card
- Windows-compatible DVD-ROM drive for program installation / Windows-compatible DVD burner for DVD output (Windows-compatible Blu-ray Disc burner for Blu-ray Disc and DVD output recommended)
For editing of UHD/4K and 3D video, an Intel Core i7 or AMD Phenom II X4 with Windows 8 64-bit operating system and 4 GB of RAM or higher is recommended.
Supported Input/Output Devices
- iPhone, iPad, iPod Classic with video, iPod touch, Sony PSP, Windows, and Android smartphones
- Cameras and camcorders that record to internal memory, memory card, DVD disc, or hard drive
- USB capture devices, PC cameras, webcams
- IEEE 1394/FireWire cards for use with DV, D8, or HDV camcorders
- USB Video Class (UVC) DV
- Support for OHCI-Compliant
- Analog capture cards for analog camcorders (VFW and WDM support for Windows XP and Broadcast)
- Windows-compatible Blu-ray Disc, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM, and CD-R/RW drives
- Digital Single-Lens Reflex (SLR) cameras for stop motion: Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III, EOS 1D Mark IV, EOS 1D Mark III, EOS 1D X, EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 40D, EOS 50D, EOS 60D, EOS 60Da, EOS 650D/Rebel T4i, EOS 600D/Rebel T3i, EOS 1100D/Rebel T3, EOS 550D/Rebel T2i, EOS 500D/Rebel T1i, EOS 450D/Rebel XSi, EOS 1000D/Rebel XS
Supported Input Formats*
- Video: AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AVCHD, MPEG-4, H.264, BDMV, DV, HDV, DivX, QuickTime, RealVideo, Windows Media Format, MOD (JVC MOD File Format), M2TS, M2T, TOD, 3GPP, 3GPP2
- Audio: Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1, MP3, MPA, WAV, QuickTime, Windows Media Audio, Ogg Vorbis
- Images: BMP, CLP, CUR, EPS, FAX, FPX, GIF, ICO, IFF, IMG, J2K, JP2, JPC, JPG, PCD, PCT, PCX, PIC, PNG, PSD, PSPImage, PXR, RAS, RAW, SCT, SHG, TGA, TIF, UFO, UFP, WMF
- Disc: DVD, Video CD (VCD), Super Video CD (SVCD)
Supported Output Formats*
- Video: AVI, MPEG-2, AVCHD, MPEG-4, H.264, BDMV, HDV, QuickTime, RealVideo, Windows Media Format, 3GPP, 3GPP2, WebM
- Audio: Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1, MPA, M4A, WAV, QuickTime, Windows Media Audio, Ogg Vorbis
- Images: BMP, JPG
- Disc: DVD (DVD-Video/DVD-VR/AVCHD), Blu-ray Disc (BDMV)
- Media: CD-R/RW DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R Dual Layer, DVD+R Double Layer, BD-R/RE
*Some input/output format support may require third-party software.