Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 19, 2012
This projector was exactly what I was looking for. But it's not for everyone. The image is clearly not HD but it does support it but then converts the video to a smaller size. If you go to any average movie theater the image you see is what you get with this. It's not a perfectly sharp true motion hd projector. But it is pretty amazing for the price you pay. I bought two sheets and used tape to tape them both up overlapping each other. I then used black sheets to cover the tapes giving it a nice boarder. I then placed a sheet on top to hang over slighty to give it the movie feel. The sheet is 100% cotton. I recommend "black out cloth" the projector is 20 feet away on the basement ceiling. After a few minutes using the pattern button in the remote it comes with I managed to get it just right. Movies are very good. Def gives you the movie feel. PS3 games don't really look to good. So if your buying for a complete home/gaming system this projector is not for you. I also tested this projector on a smaller projector screen incase my DIY screen was just not a good idea. Both look practically the same. Idk how big a king size bed sheet is. But that's how big I got the screen. If your sitting a good 7ft away you don't notice the pixels some of the reviews talked about. This is a cheap quick home theater option. It def blew away family and friends. If your on a budge or new to this. I would def check it out.

Also the audio out works with my surround sound no issues.

Hdmi I have a 25 footer with no issues

No one seems to know how to get the 3d part working. Well seeing its plugged into my computer I just used my graphics card to turn on 3d video. Remember.... If its plugged into your computer or laptop you can easily adjust more colors or contrast by playing with the colors in your properties in windows media player.

If you can't get The projector to work on your computer. Just unplug your monitor while keeping the hdmi chord plugged in from the projector to the pc. Sometimes you need to go to your graphic card panel to set up dual screens. And the software disc is out of date.

If your like me and want a cheap sound system. Check out any logitechs speakers. I have the Logitech 5.1 surround sound that was $80. Comes with 5 speakers with very long chords and a sub that sounds very very good. If your using windows media player. Change the sound option to theater!

Good luck everyone!
on June 18, 2012
I ordered this projector to use at my outdoor parties to show music videos. We are hosting a "Michael Jackson party" this weekend and will be projecting his music videos outside. I ordered it in conjunction with the Camp Chef 120-Inch Portable Outdoor Movie Theater Screen and WOW! We did a test run this past weekend and had some friends over and it is everything I had hoped. We were blown away, the picture is super clear. The Camp Chef screen is 120" and this projector does the job easily as long as you read the requirements of how far you need to be to project to that size. It will even go BIGGER! I experimented and projected it on the side of my neighbor's white house (the picture was probably double in size) and it was even clearer and better looking AND HUGE!!!!!! We live in Denver and Red Rocks does "Film on the rocks" every Monday night....who needs that? I can do "film at my house on my neighbor's siding" and don't have to pay for admission, beer, parking, hassle with people, etc.! I bought this one specifically because it came with an HDMI input, which I needed to hook up a DVD player so keep that in mind if you are looking at the different models and you need HDMI. After I've seen how clear this picture is I'm thinking about hooking up our outdoor Direct TV box to the projector and hosting "Real Housewives" viewing parties outside! I'm in love with it and can't wait to find lots of uses for it. I read that replacement bulbs are only around $130, now I was looking online and couldn't find one but I didn't look too hard because my projector is brand new and I don't need one yet, but some projector's bulbs cost more than the projector itself, so that's another plus. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
on August 6, 2012
Make no mistake, this is a budget projector through and through. The product description and customer reviews seemed to indicate that the picture quality was comparable to an HD display, or at the very least extremely sharp, but in reality it could not be further from HD. I bought this projector to replace a tiny 26" 720p tv, but I plan on returning it tomorrow. If you are accustom to HD, clarity is not worth the tradeoff for size. Even with plenty of adjustments, the pixels this projector produces are huge and incredibly visible. It is quite bright, I'll give it that.

Tested with:

Apple TV: Movie - Batman Begins

XBOX 360: Games - Spelunky, Mass Effect 3
on July 8, 2012
I will probably get an earful from the hardcore tech people out there but we are very happy with this product. We purchased the projector to fulfill a promise to my niece who wanted to watch movies outside in our backyard. While she has yet to be able to watch any we have and cannot be happier. All we did was take two thicker table cloths we had from our wedding and hung them on our neighbors garage. It is perfect for our purposes.
I searched and searched and was ready to pull the trigger on a $600 model, we decided to trust the reviews of this model and spend almost half that. Our docking station, while not perfect, has provided the sound we need (we also don't need to blast the neighbors late night). We light a fire in the fire pit and away we go!!
The reason I am writing this is so if anyone is looking for an outdoor projector for a reasonable price, go ahead and get this model. So far so great!! Our friends and neighbors have all enjoyed and soon our niece and her friends will be outside enjoying as well. Good luck in your search.
on December 15, 2011
This is one of the best purchases i made during the Thanks Giving week. The projector works excellent and is very bright!! Its so bright that you will be able to view the image during the daytime even. Was very easy to set up and also has an HDMI port which is very useful during the set up.

I use this projector mainly for projecting movies and playing xbox games. The unit is very compact also which makes it easier for carrying

Pros:

1) Excellent Clarity and projection brightness
2) HDMI connectivity
3) Audio out connection
4) ease of use with remote
5) Very quiet

Cons:

1) No carry case provided. Had to shell out another $20 for buying the case.

Overall, it's an excellent product and should be best choice among the $300-$400 price range.
on July 29, 2012
....this one is 4:3, not 16:9. It will crop a 16:9 image but you will see light overcast in a big old square around it. It ghosts pretty bad with quick moving images. If you are buying mainly for watching TV/movies, look at the PJD5523W from View Sonic instead. It is only a little bit more but offers a real HD picture and native 16:9.
on April 22, 2012
This is a great projector, I was looking for something cheap as a substitute for a TV that could also make a large image. With a little tweaking in the color menu and adjusting the resolution, the picture came out fantastic when projected onto a white wall from ~10-12 feet. Just got done watching "Terminator 2" on it and it looked great with the lights turned off! I put it in eco mode and could not tell the difference, in fact, it looked better in eco mode because the picture was darker. I, like many others, was skeptical about this projector. However, I can say that I am very happy with it. Looks just like you're watching a TV and the picture quality is no worse in my opinion. Granted when you look really closely you can see the pixels but from far away the image looks great. And like everyone else has said, the colors do turn out very well. The explosions, gunfire, skin color, everything looked great! And this movie contains fast motion scenes during which I did not see any rainbow effect that one reviewer mentioned, nor did my friends complain of any either. I understand it is a real problem for some people but it has not affected me or those who have watched with me. I analyzed the picture from an $800 DLP projector and could not see any improvement in the more expensive one. I also was skeptical about the 800 x 600 resolution, which is pretty low in my book but I was able to change it on my mac to be widescreen and it looks great. I would definitely recommend this projector and the HDMI input for ease of connectivity and improved picture quality. I would have liked to get the top of the line version of this projector however I can say that this one looks great. In regards to durability, my friend tripped over the power cord and ripped the projector off the couch that it was sitting on and it hit a concrete floor and still works fine! I would not recommend testing that but I am happy that it still works! So far so good and I will update with anything that happens. One last thing, a 3-year warranty is great.
on November 28, 2012
This projector is my 3rd from view sonic, so far I have not had a projector last more than 3 years before they go out for some reason or another. The quality is fantastic on this one. The picture is great and the colors are bright with out being washed out. I have it about 15 feet from a wall painted ultra flat white and its as good a picture as a Walmart vizio. 60 to 120 hz is good plus HDMI input to boot. I used it a a gaming projector in my man cave and it always delivers but still shows movies excellent. Even in a lit room picture is still decent as long as the light does not directly cover the screen. Even though I have gone through projectors love view sonic, the warranty is legit and they will replace with a equal quality projector if it goes bad. I recently moved and left this one behind at my old house for my tenants and purchased the next model up and I love that one too, 90 inch screen for 400 dollars you can't beat that.
on June 26, 2012
the projector is great

pros:
-size and weight (small really portable)
-ports HDMI, 2xVGA, audio in, audio out, s-video, and compositive port.
-brightness of this projector is great, not affect by lights at night time, day light dins the image a little, but still is watchable when not in direct contact.
-1080p video looks amazing on this thing
-big screen sizes, use it at 100 inches, and looks great.
-great for the PS3 and computer games
-Price, this give you the image of a LCD TV, is portable, and works under most conditions.
-remote control (has a volume down and up keys)

cons:
-capable of only one 3D format (sequential) which requires you to purchase and additional 200 dollars for a 3D converter box to use the PS3 and see Blueray movies in 3D.
-1080p desktop resolution is almost impossible to use, letter are to small, and the clarity goes away.

This projector looks really good, I have it for 3 weeks now, will update soon.
on January 23, 2013
This was another first for me so I contacted a friend that helped me pick this out. We use it for business- education both internal and external, and also for our webinars with staff. We use a screen and have no trouble seeing it even with the lights on. My only concern is that the projected picture is not square- it has an elevated point on the top left side that no amount of adjusting on my part fixes it. It works great for our use but does not give off the "profesional look". Other than that it is very clear and clean.