5.0 out of 5 stars this is LED

Published 17 months ago by hao

3.0 out of 5 stars Focus problem solved
Published 17 months ago by Clinton

5.0 out of 5 stars this is LED, February 10, 2013
This review is from: ViewSonic VA1912A-LED 19-Inch LED-Lit Monitor (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars fast shipping, works great., October 7, 2012
After easy hookup, I noticed the Nice bright picture compared to my old monitor. Definetly worth the price. Bought 2 for my office.

Only bad thing is the monitor doesnt swivel.

3.0 out of 5 stars Focus problem solved, February 2, 2013
Select Manual Image Adjust and reduce the image width so it exactly fills the image area. The automatic setting overscanned the image area resulting in poor/primative looking text. After spending many hours in the Win7 Control Panel adjusting Clear Type text, trying different screen resolutions, and so forth, I tried the display's manual settings and it was a miracle, everything is now sharp and clear after making that adjustment. I rate this product three stars because there should have been something in the instructions about the critically of this adjustment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Almost Perfect..., October 29, 2012
Let me start by saying that for the price, this is a great product. However the "you get what you pay for" is certainly true.

Pros
Great screen, and the right dimensions for a windows 7 computer to display correctly! (This is rather important. Sometimes these cheaper monitors don't have the correct display resolution, and everything looks odd. Not with this one)
Packaged extremely well
Very simple setup and use

Cons
The stand only connects with the display with a very cheap, plastic feeling. No screws (which I worry about) only plastic connector
The stand is also very light, making me worried the screen would over power it, but no falls so far.

As I said above, for the price you are getting an amazing screen. Just be aware that the stand does not feel sturdy, and for peace of mind you might want to add a little more weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, April 10, 2013
I have not one thing negative to say about this monitor. I needed something that was moderately sized with good visual quality. I am not a graphic designer but I do spend about 16 hours in from of my computers each day (I work from home and am a full-time student) and this is perfect for my purposes. I did spend the extra time to thoroughly calibrate the monitor, but it was well worth it. The display is excellent, sharp, bright, and responsive. It also mounts very handily onto a swivel/tilt wall mount that I picked up - really it is perfect for my needs. I also have watched a few videos on it and found the graphic rendering to be absolutely adequate. For basic needs, this is an excellent solution. Very happy with my purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy if You Want to Read Text!, June 30, 2013
I owned a previous 19 inch ViewSonic monitor -- so thought to replace with another 19 inch. Since I use it to work from home I overnighted the monitor (as my other ViewSonic suddenly died). I cannot use this product as the text is not clear or crisp. It is gray and blurry!I almost can't read what is on the screen. I also did not realize I ordered a widescreen -- which only makes reading on this screen worse by narrowing the field. I should have listened to the one reviewer who complained about how fuzzy the text is on the screen of this ViewSonic. Will be looking for another brand -- what good is cheaper, if not usable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Low Price Monitor, March 23, 2013
This is a great monitor for the price. If you have a low budget or don't have a need for a big screen, then this is a good way to go. Everything seems perfect to me except for one problem, the screen cuts off maybe 1/8 of an inch on the right side. Not a big deal, but kind of an annoyance. For example, your scroll bar for a web page is on the right side and you can only see half of it because of the little bit that is cut off. Besides that, great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a low quality monitor, February 18, 2013
I thought this was a good looking monitor, at a good size.

I eventually returned this monitor because it didn't quite do it for me. I work from home and spend all day on a computer. I made the mistake of thinking that this would have the quality of the HD monitor that I was used to. I didn't misread the product information, I just wasn't used to the terminology behind purchasing a monitor.

All in all, I would recommend this monitor for someone who doesn't spend all day reading at a computer. It's pretty hard on the eyes. However, for light computing on a budget, this monitor is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, February 8, 2013
Marcos Matos (Miami Lakes, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
Great product. Very nice image and enough resolution.
I reccomend this monitor for almost every use, including photos and videos.
Marcos

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great and looks good., February 4, 2013
This is a widescreen monitor. It is not vary tall and would be best used for looking at pictures and watching videos. If you look at a lot of websites and documents you may want to get a bigger monitor or one that has more height to it. It has one VGA input. This was a great price for LED.

ViewSonic VA1912A-LED 19-Inch LED-Lit Monitor