Published 15 months ago by John Prothero

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Screen, but no Tilt function
This monitor has a very nice display for its size.
BUT, it does not tilt! I have to put a book under it to be able to see it properly. It is very annoying.
Published 11 months ago by AllanR

5.0 out of 5 stars This monitor is a good replacement for my old crt (which had great color), November 2, 2013
This review is from: ViewSonic VA2037A-LED 20-Inch LED-Lit LCD Monitor, 16:9, 5ms, Anti-Glare (Personal Computers)
It's a decent monitor for the money. To get the best imaging you may have to install a video card with a higher resolution on an older computer.The video card that was originally installed in my pc had a maximum resolution of 1034 x 768 pixels which made the image stretch. The instructions to this monitor say you need a 1600 x 900 pixel setting, but 1360 x 768 works perfectly for me. You'll need to adjust the color and picture settings as well which is most likely the case for any monitor and tv you purchase in recent time. It includes a driver disc but you're better off using the driver that comes with your video card instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good monitor and yes, it is tiltable!, April 29, 2014
I've known about Viewsonic for a number of years but never had the need for one. When ordering a new computer I suddenly had a need for a monitor and checked out all the reviews. This one looked to be good for my needs and the price was certainly right.

The monitor is a good one and it literally worked fine right out of the box. I never even used the set-up disc. Clear, crisp, fast, etc. I'm not a gamer or a graphic artist so it meets my needs just fine.

In the reviews I read that the monitor does not have an adjustable tilt and, since I found this hard to believe, I ordered it anyway. At first blush, when you assemble the monitor on its stand, it does not tilt. Further, the factory setting is absolutely unacceptable unless you were planning to sit it on a bunch of phone books. The factory setting for tilt is absolutely vertical. No tilt at all. for me to be comfortable, I'd have to raise it about 8 to 10 inches above the desk. Looking at the back, where the stand connector attaches to the back of the monitor It appeared to have some tilt capability. If you unscrew the plastic stand attachment from the back with the two screws that are deep in recesses and pull off the plastic attachment, there is a nut (I think it was 8mm) and if you loosen that, you will find that it does indeed swivel (tilt). I set it for the tilt I wanted, tightened it back up and it's just the way I want it. I suppose that if you left the nut slightly loose, you would be able to tilt it up and down for multiple users but I just tightened mine pretty snug and, since the tilt is fine for me, it doesn't need further adjustment. Took a couple of minutes for some trial and error and it's fine now.

This adjustment might not be for the user who isn't comfortable taking the covers off things and doesn't have the right tools - a small Phillips head screwdriver and some metric wrenches - but it's a quick fix and makes this monitor a great deal.

Bob

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality at at a very good price., April 5, 2014
Have used this monitor with a variety of older computers I had on hand, and it has worked wonderfully with each with simple plug and play adaptability and no need to use the included driver disc. Screen quality is above average, and the anti-glare feature is a great bonus feature. Very pleased and would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will purchase another!, December 3, 2013
Great resolution, great size for my office desk. I will purchase a second of the same soon. Thank you and happy holidays.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great view, November 14, 2013
Light and great colors works great, thanks
Easy to setup and connect to any PC or laptop you are going to like it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Color Range for Great Price, December 30, 2013
Leslie Au (Honolulu, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
I bought this on Black Friday sale at 2:30 AM, along with a computer. The computer and this monitor were delivered to my door in Hawaii at 7:30 PM on the following Tuesday -- really fine speed, for the distance. The monitor's color range and resolution are excellent for general usage. All my friends who heard about this purchase nodded their heads in approval at the ViewSonic brand name's reputation for high quality and durability. I already used it to watch an NFL game at High Definition on the internet that was not being carried by the major TV networks. Excellent resolution and definition. The only problem is the mount that was included and the mounting bracket on the back of the monitor. They fit together at only one possible viewing angle, which is a little low (forward tilt) for the computer cart that I have. This low tilt is making me slump down in my seat to view the screen from straight horizontally. I would like to have been able to tilt the screen back, to different angles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor for a mac mini, November 17, 2013
Great monitor for the money. I use it with a mac mini works great has great color and viewing angle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Monitor and price, November 19, 2013
Good replacement for my LG 20-Inch Monitor. The capacitors got weak and the LG Monitor eventually did not work. The price on the ViewSonic was a real good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor, January 23, 2014
It does just exactly what it's supposed to and has not caused a minutes worth of trouble. If you need an auxilary monitor this is your
baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor, January 28, 2014
Was exactly as described. Color was good and this was easy to install to replace an existing monitor. Very satisfied.