Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 29, 2014
I've known about Viewsonic for a number of years but never had the need for one. When ordering a new computer I suddenly had a need for a monitor and checked out all the reviews. This one looked to be good for my needs and the price was certainly right.

The monitor is a good one and it literally worked fine right out of the box. I never even used the set-up disc. Clear, crisp, fast, etc. I'm not a gamer or a graphic artist so it meets my needs just fine.

In the reviews I read that the monitor does not have an adjustable tilt and, since I found this hard to believe, I ordered it anyway. At first blush, when you assemble the monitor on its stand, it does not tilt. Further, the factory setting is absolutely unacceptable unless you were planning to sit it on a bunch of phone books. The factory setting for tilt is absolutely vertical. No tilt at all. for me to be comfortable, I'd have to raise it about 8 to 10 inches above the desk. Looking at the back, where the stand connector attaches to the back of the monitor It appeared to have some tilt capability. If you unscrew the plastic stand attachment from the back with the two screws that are deep in recesses and pull off the plastic attachment, there is a nut (I think it was 8mm) and if you loosen that, you will find that it does indeed swivel (tilt). I set it for the tilt I wanted, tightened it back up and it's just the way I want it. I suppose that if you left the nut slightly loose, you would be able to tilt it up and down for multiple users but I just tightened mine pretty snug and, since the tilt is fine for me, it doesn't need further adjustment. Took a couple of minutes for some trial and error and it's fine now.

This adjustment might not be for the user who isn't comfortable taking the covers off things and doesn't have the right tools - a small Phillips head screwdriver and some metric wrenches - but it's a quick fix and makes this monitor a great deal.

Bob
44 comments|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Have used this monitor with a variety of older computers I had on hand, and it has worked wonderfully with each with simple plug and play adaptability and no need to use the included driver disc. Screen quality is above average, and the anti-glare feature is a great bonus feature. Very pleased and would definitely recommend.
on November 2, 2013
It's a decent monitor for the money. To get the best imaging you may have to install a video card with a higher resolution on an older computer.The video card that was originally installed in my pc had a maximum resolution of 1034 x 768 pixels which made the image stretch. The instructions to this monitor say you need a 1600 x 900 pixel setting, but 1360 x 768 works perfectly for me. You'll need to adjust the color and picture settings as well which is most likely the case for any monitor and tv you purchase in recent time. It includes a driver disc but you're better off using the driver that comes with your video card instead.
22 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2013
I bought this on Black Friday sale at 2:30 AM, along with a computer. The computer and this monitor were delivered to my door in Hawaii at 7:30 PM on the following Tuesday -- really fine speed, for the distance. The monitor's color range and resolution are excellent for general usage. All my friends who heard about this purchase nodded their heads in approval at the ViewSonic brand name's reputation for high quality and durability. I already used it to watch an NFL game at High Definition on the internet that was not being carried by the major TV networks. Excellent resolution and definition. The only problem is the mount that was included and the mounting bracket on the back of the monitor. They fit together at only one possible viewing angle, which is a little low (forward tilt) for the computer cart that I have. This low tilt is making me slump down in my seat to view the screen from straight horizontally. I would like to have been able to tilt the screen back, to different angles.
44 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2013
Great resolution, great size for my office desk. I will purchase a second of the same soon. Thank you and happy holidays.
on November 14, 2013
Light and great colors works great, thanks
Easy to setup and connect to any PC or laptop you are going to like it
on November 17, 2013
Great monitor for the money. I use it with a mac mini works great has great color and viewing angle.
on July 22, 2014
Great picture but as others have said the stand is lacking. It is rather short and only tilts. A really big drawback as well is the lack of anything but a VGA connection. If you only have an HDMI out, this is not the monitor for you. HDMI to VGA adapters are a little expensive and have resolution limitations.

Worth the purchase for my company as I can use it in public kiosks, but it is not a great desktop personal monitor.
on November 19, 2013
Good replacement for my LG 20-Inch Monitor. The capacitors got weak and the LG Monitor eventually did not work. The price on the ViewSonic was a real good deal.
on March 8, 2014
Good value. Actually used by assistant but she seems to like it except the position of the screen once inserted into the base is angled downward. It would be better is it was straight up and down. May have to shim it a bit.